All member reviews for Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions

Collect & battle game uses a pedometer to get kids walking.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bypikachu61 June 13, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria June 3, 2010

Parent of a 8 year old Written byMr. Karl May 20, 2010

perfect for 8+

What can I say about Pokemon like seriously it's always been given 5 stars by my kid.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byyourmomlol May 16, 2010

pretty good

all these ppl have a iq of over 3 at least all but Raptor 5000 down with Raptor 5000! any ways this game is pretty good my kids ask me to buy heart gold so they can get something called kyogre but thats not how my family runs ive never been a big pokemon fan but this game is pretty good other then there is a whole team thats treats pokemon badly
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2010

I have a silver soul for soul silver.

I have it. It is the bomb. The player gets 8 badges for Johto. Then you fight Elite 4. But what nobody might tell them is that you get to travel to Kanto.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2010

Very entertaining video game, one of the best of the pokemon series.

Awesome game. Probably the best pokemon game i own. You can get most of the same "legends" (powerful and extremely smart pokemon that are unique, unlike most pokemon, which there are many of) in the games, but there is some inclination to get both. For example, in soulsilver, when you catch Grouton (a legendary), and you show it to professor oak, he tells you that there is a second legend, kyogre, that is linked with grouton. He says if you show him kyogre, he will give you the "last piece of the story", obviously the third pokemon, arguably more important or powerful than the two below. He says, however, that kyogre might not appear for one with a "shining silver soul" but instead a "glowing gold heart". Therefore, kyogre only appears in heartgold. There are good messages about caring for and loving your pokemon, and them loving you back. There are, in fact, some bad role models. Especially a red-haired rival (named by the player) who steals his first pokemon and treats it unkindly. He also vows to beat you in a battle. He grows kinder, however, toward the end of the game, as you teach him a lesson in kindness. There is also the notorious group known as Team Rocket, who basically want to take over the world. Their main soldiers, dubbed "Team Rocket Grunts" are dim witted and bent on personal gain, as well as the smart executives, who are just power-hungry control freaks. There is a bit of sexual content, but it didnt show it on concerns. All it is is very skimpy clothing for girls sometimes, usually on the most powerful the outfit is a glorified bikini. Also, a little romance between the player and a girl. It also promotes exercise, what with the handy pokewalker. I love to play outside and go places with this accessory in my pocket.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2010

Best game ever!

awsome i love this game it really safe not much violent stuff.i love how you can walk with your pokemon.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybigsternum101 May 1, 2010

Adult Written byDr.Pepper April 3, 2010

...

The only main concern about this game is that it is part of the Pokemon franchise which may encourage kids to want more and more merchadise. On the positvie side, the game has good role models and promates teamwork and thinking through problems.
Educator and Parent of a 7 year old Written byjessika712002 March 28, 2010

perfect for 7 yrs and older

love it my daughter plays this game all the time its her favorite game.
Kid, 9 years old March 28, 2010

just an ad trying to get you to buy pokemon garbage

trust me, its a horrible game. I tried it and it was a huge waste of money. it is nearly impossible and also very, very boring. it also has "ad" written all over it-just trying to get you to buy pokemon junk
Teen, 13 years old Written byALBERT0 August 7, 2014

Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2012

Pretty good!!

This game in the Pokemon series is very good, especially with the Pokewalker, because it's a good way to find Pokemon and items
Teen, 13 years old Written byclownarm8 July 8, 2010

Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperPrincessPeach72 May 4, 2010

A MASTERPIECE! You you love it!

I have Pokemon SoulSilver. It is one the best games I ever played. And I mean EVER! This game is FULL of features. Not just battling. There is a Wi-Fi Plaza where kids can interact with other people who play Pokemon (safely of course), play mini games with your Pokemon, and even dress your Pokemon up! This gets kids excising with the PokeWalker! There are so many things, it would take forever to list them all! This game is for EVERYONE. Boys AND girls. Buy it! ;)
Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2010

nothing innapropriate but does have consumerism

i love it! its pretty much the only game i play right now. its not violent, but it is consumerism for other pokemon junk even though it dosent look like it. and its pretty much the easiest game ever until you get to red, who is impossible.
Parent of a 1, 3, 3, and 7 year old Written byMrVance April 7, 2010

Epicness for everyone!!

Possibly the greatest and most epic game ever made. (i'm talking about the entire series).
Teen, 13 years old Written bycollin123123 March 24, 2010

im 13 years old

Adult Written byAmu Hinamori March 21, 2010

I dont see nothing wrong with the Pokemon games, theres not weapons(like a gun or swords). This game is appropriate for all ages ranging from age 5+. Also while your doing something around the house, your kids will be behaving while playing with there favorite characters. The only thing i worry about is that the game started making kids talk to the person while there in a trade or battling over Wi-Fi. Parents arent aware of that being added to the game. You never know who your child is talking to threw the DS's mic on the top screen in the middle near the touch screen