All member reviews for Pokemon X/Pokemon Y

Teen, 16 years old Written bySodaDog October 19, 2013

Stunning Improvement to the series; worth every penny!

I've been playing this game for a few days and i've hooked up 20 hours on it! Lots of training, lots of clothes buying, and even battling. There's lots to do from Friend Safaris to customisation. To make it better, they now have the fairy type which replaces the normal type on some Pokemon. Go and buy this game cuz it has alot of hidden surprises post-game: buy it now!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2013

Pokemon= awesome

In this game, it really shows people that in the "world of Pokemon" the people care for the Pokemon, just like dags and cats. this game has some good side quests to do after you beat the game.You can play with your friends and with random people online (don't worry, only friends can talk with you, and no one can see you) They add a lot of new content, but the new Pokemon count is lacking compared to previous ones, but the story (which is why I still love pokemon) is great! SPOILERS! It adds team flare, and a serious plot, including a man who tries to commit genocide! The english tranlators took out most forms of death such as "Death Wing" changing to "Oblivion Wing" I recomend this game to people who are new or old fans.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

Stunning graphics, Lots of fun, and New Minigames! The catch-- it's too easy to beat!

This game was refreshing, addicting, and overall lots and lots of fun! :D The Pokemon Company and Nintendo never cease to bore me with their new products, as each time something new is added! This game has remarkable new graphics that now supports the 3-D option of the Nintendo 3DS console, and yet is still stunning without! During battle scenes (not too violent for the younger ones!) the camera shifts at angles and gives a great new perspective! The game also takes advantage of the facial expression recogniton feature, so during one of my favorite minigames, Pokemon-Amie, in addition to petting, feeding, and playing mini-minigames, you can play with your pokemon by making funny faces, and they may even mimic them! Now onto the actual main gameplay. You know obtain experience points by catching pokemon-- score! And the brand-new pokemon in the game are fun to see for the first time! However, this game had one problem: it was TOO EASY! I beat the game in about a week or two of playing it. I know there are ways to challenge yourself (nuzlocke challenge), but that isn't INCORPORATED into the game. Nevertheless I still enjoyed this game very much, and I'm excited to see what game the company will release next. (:
Teen, 13 years old Written bycaramelpuppy December 22, 2013

Generation 6 is probarly the best...

Great game. If you don't know what pokemon is all about, well you don't have to play the others to understand this one (i started on silver) It's about collecting cute little creatures/monsters. training them up, exploring a region, Battling them, and finally your quest, is to become the champion. X/Y has the same plot as all the others along with some improvements. There's now over 600 to collect to fill up your "pokedex" And many of them soon can only be obtainable with pokebank, coming in 2014.. And you have to pay a fee a year for it to transfer mons from previous games. They pretty have everything from a electric mouse to 3 headed dragon to collect... Okay, onto the game itself. I found the game somewhat violent and dark.. It's all about doom. Not spoiling it for anyone, but there is a team in red out to destroy the world using the Legendary pokemon Xernas/Yetval's energy. Well, you stop them of course. The legendary you save depends on which version you get, and the 2 versions have some different pokemon... Anyway, You're exploring a region called Kalos (based off of paris) With your 4 friends, travelling all the way to the Pokemon league so you can become champion, defeating gym leaders and doing quests along the way. After you beat the champion and the incredibly long storyline, it's postgame. Where you can trade, explore friend safaris, and do battle spot over the internet.. Along with a few other quests and perfecting your team, and of course shiny hunting/breeding for RARES. I loved this game, It's possibly the best game in the series with more event pokemon and online fun to come. It has in-game chat and you can add anyone's friend code. Pokemon is a huge series. it has a show and everything... merchandise, pikachu jet planes, you name it. I wanted more from this game, but so far i have LOVED it and give it 5 stars. Apart from the twisted long storyline and rage quits. A great game for anyone looking to get into the games...
Teen, 16 years old Written byLunaMew January 9, 2014

Touching a realistic, serious dillema.

Although it is yet another Pokmon game... is it really just another Pokmon game? Not really. It brings up a serious problem - more specifically, the Malthusian dilemma, something that many children are not aware of. The fact that resources on the planet decrease, yet the population increases - is not something you see everyday in a children game. You may decide wherever Team Flare's leader's actions are good. While his actions are far from reasonable and legal, he does have a point. And there's also his fate... which in neither game is anything good.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2013

what iv'e come to expect over the previews

i dont even know what to say... its, well, pokemon! we've come to see many improvements in the leap to the 3ds, and the 3d and graphic limitations are simply scratching the surface. pokemon from all 6 regions are included with all of them spread out neatly. not in 1 area have i found exactly the same pokemon! in fact, i was overwhelmed by the amount of competitively worthwhile pokemon. blaziken or pyroar? salamence or goodra? defiantly an improvement over "1 up to standards pokemon per route." many features have been added to the mix as well. mega evolutions switch up the medigame to keep post game wi-fi battling fresh, character customization that makes your in game currency worthwhile, and many more tweaks and additions we've been hoping for. with all the good things, i cant seem to find anything wrong. klefki and gourgeist weren't TOO much of a dex-filler, the disappointing "scary area" (IE: lavender town) is made up for the creepy hex-maniac ghost, and NPCs had interesting dialogue. defiantly a play for ages who understand how a game works and not for players TOO young, but Pokemon X (and Y) exceeded my expectations.
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

Very Great!

Don't listen to the kid, he thinks he's commenting on something like Conker's Bad Fur Day. This is very great for children 6 and up! Pokémon do not die, they faint, except Team Flare can be scary to children who hate chaos, the plot is dark, including AZ's story, where he loses his Floette and builds a weapon. This is also part of the Pokémon franchise.
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2013

Mediocre for a Pokemon game, but with a twist.

Even though I have wanted this game, be aware of the changes of the base powers of moves that you like. 1: ALL moves related to Blizzard, with the exception of Gunk Shot and Focus Blast had their base powers decreased to 110, which is bad because they had framed the concept of the moves by simply decreasing the base power, just like Fire Blast and Hydro Pump. (Would you even imagine a time what if these moves had the same base power as Stone Edge and Earthquake?) 2: Aura Sphere, one of Lucario's moves had its base power decreased to 80 from 90, which is bad because another move had its power decreased. 3: Starting from this game, Overheat had its base power decreased to 130, the same base power as High Jump Kick. the same occured with Leaf Storm and Draco Meteor. This made me very angry. 4: ALL 3 versions of Flamethrower had their base powers decreased to 90, this made me angry to find out when I looked them up on Bulbapedia. Some moves like Bubble had its base powers increased. Also, there are other features that may be unnecessary for me as a player. 1: You can customize your trainer, but you can notice the unnecessary sunglasses for the trainer (Yes. Both the male and female), but you can choose different hats. 2: Pokemon-Amie is a complete joke. In my opinion, an avid player would think that he or she is wasting time in the feature. One time, I even saw a screenshot of a Yveltal in that feature! Since it is the only way to get Sylveon without trading, I would pick another Eeveelution such as Umbreon or otherwise Jolteon. 3: They had ruined the Dragon-type's cool physique by introducing the so-called "Fairy-type", which is immune to the Dragon type, resistant to the Bug type and strong against not only the Dragon type, but also the Dark and Fighting type. However, Fire-type Pokemon (like Typhlosion and Moltres) resist Fairy-type moves. Also, the two types Fairy-type Pokemon are weak to are Poison-type (like Seviper and Crobat) and Steel-type Pokemon (like Skarmory and Aggron). 4: The two games introduced the least number of Pokemon, with only 69 (Whoa, this is less than the amount of Pokemon that were introduced in Gold and Silver!). This also introduced the least number of moves, as well as abilities. Everything about these 2 games appear to be small. Game Freak appears to be "Slaking" off with the games. However, there are positives to these 2 games. 1: Like Pokemon Battle Revolution, the moves can hit the Pokemon while more action is added to the battles like when a Pokemon gets hit or Faints. Take a Gengar battling an Ursaring for example. When that Ursaring faints, it drops to the ground while the area where the Ursaring was standing shrinks and disappears. 2: The moves are getting more sophisticated as more moves are introduced like Powder, a move that Vivillion can know and Boomburst, an attack with 140 base power and the move that Noivern knows. Aurorus can also know the move, Freeze-Dry, a move which is super-effective against Water-type Pokemon (like Clawitzer and Simipour). Also, Hawlucha's signature move, Flying Press can deal both Fighting and Flying-type damage to the opposing Pokemon! 3: Due to the positive reviews to this game, It looks cool, but note there are many changes going on with the game experience compared to Pokemon Black and White. Overall, I would rate it 3 stars.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMedievalTimes1998 October 20, 2013

Pokemon X and Y may be the best addition to the franchise yet!

I've had Pokemon Y version for a little over a week now, I think it's a really fun and addicting game. I can already tell differences between Pokemon X and Y compared to the past games: All of the Pokemon within the game are in full 3d, and no longer in 2d (which is something I may miss). Pokemon X and Y are based in European locations (more specifically France) and not in Japanese/Chinese locations. Even though there isn't too much options, you can customize your character (buy shirts, hats, accessories, etc.). I think my favorite difference between Pokemon X and Y vs. the past games in the series is that throughout the whole region within the games Pokemon X and Y, you can catch a lot of the Pokemon from previous games without having to complete the game first (which is something you would have to do in most of the previous games). I recommend any parent/aunt/uncle to get Pokemon X, Y, or even both for his: child/children or niece(s)/nephew(s) (especially if they like Pokemon in general). Both Pokemon X and Y are kid friendly games with a large variety of content (there is about 648 different Pokemon to discover, catch, and fight!). There are a few notable differences between X and Y, but overall they are just about the same. Both X and Y have about 10 different Pokemon (old and new) exclusive to each game, encouraging people to trade Pokemon with each other or to buy both games. Overall, this is a game is a really great game and I recommend you to buy it. One a final note: do not save your progress in the streets of Lumiose City (the city which contains the Eiffel Tower), there is a game breaking glitch which could force you to start over the game. If this does happen, don't worry, Nintendo (the owner of the Pokemon franchise) is making a patch/update which should fix this glitch. I read somewhere that the glitch can be fixed manually by doing something with your SD Card, but I think you'll have to research that yourself, reason being that I may mix up the instructions.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHannah A November 25, 2014

Pretty good game

It's an ok game though you get get stuck without a helping hand sometimes
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2014

The Pokemaniac

First off this is not the first Pokemon game I played so I can say without a doubt this is the best Pokemon game for beginners. The Kalos region is easy to navigate and is bright and full of color. The learning curve is easy and lax but not boring. Finally the bottom screen features are all very convenient(Super training, Pokemon Anime,and the PSS).This is a great game for people who are just getting into Pokemon.
Kid, 8 years old September 17, 2014

LEARNING

good

Really fun,great role models.
Kid, 9 years old September 8, 2014

A Very Good Game

This game is amazing. The storyline is good and so is the gameplay. Easy to get used to. The online aspect just adds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReegans September 7, 2014

Pokemon its awesome.

Pokemon has a awesome thing: Kids, Teens and Adults can enjoy it! Although the game is focused in Pokemon Combat, they have no real consequences (when a pokemon is defeated, it faints and can be healed in a Pokemon Center).
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2014

Great RPG.

Other than the strategy element there is only partial fantasy violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPokegirl101 July 8, 2014

LEARNING
Yes, I know what you're thinking I'm one of those paranoid people who think Pokemon is evil because I said that it's 10 and up. I'm not. I gave the game this rating because it is actually quite a bit darker that most other Pokemon titles, Black and White, Colosseum and XD notwithstanding. Plot line spoiler alert The main villain Lysandre's evil plan is to kill every Pokemon and all humans on the planet except for himself and his organization, Team Flare, using a weapon of mass destruction created 3000 years before the time of the game by a man named AZ. AZ created the weapon originally as a machine to revive and make immortal his best friend, a Pokemon called Flotelle, who had been killed in a war which was occurring at that time. After Flotelle had been revived AZ transformed the revival device in to a weapon which he used to kill the two armies in the war and a large percentage of the population. When Lysandre's plan fails, he sets of the weapon anyway and blows up the evil base, burying himself and the majority of Team Flare alive. This is made worse by the fact that the weapon's other purpose was to make the people inside the base immortal, and it is implied that the weapon worked on that count, making Team Flare, and the entire population of the town that was unknowingly playing host to the evil base, including the heroes and heroines, all of whom are children. Overall it is a very good game, but on the very dark end of the E rating scale.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

Gotta Catch 'em All

I have both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y versions and love both of 'em. The only thing I don't think some parents will approve of is that Yveltal (ee-vel-tall), the legendary of Pokemon Y, is based of of death, and Xerneas (zur-nee-us) is based of of life, however, in America, they changed Yveltal from the Death Pokemon in Japan to the Destruction Pokemon in America. But since here it is Destruction, might not have a problem. The only "safety problems" are that you can play with anyone across the globe, even Japan. I always thought this was cool since you can trade with Japanese people, so that you can get brand-new legendaries that haven't even been ANNOUNCED in America yet. But some parents might think this is bad and blah blah blah blah! Sorry parents! But I just wanna catch 'em all! It's very easy to play. There are some references to dead Pokemon that a character that AZ uses. Also, AZ uses the lives of over 100 Pokemon in the world to bring back the life of his dead Floette, but once Floette found out what AZ had done to save his life, he left AZ. Over 100 Pokemon were killed. I'm not gonna say if Floette came back to AZ or not because that would just be a major spoi-OH! Yeah, sorry I spoile dthe end of the game! XD
Teen, 14 years old Written byGengar14 March 14, 2014

Countless hours of fun.

Its a beautifully constructed game with the usual pokemon formula, the only thing i really can say is that some puzzles may be tough for very young players.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2014

LEARNING

Plays like the Main Series, Feels like Gale of Darkness!

The most awesome 3D Pokemon Game Since XD! I kinda feel like they paid too much attention to hardcore traditionalists, but if you are a newer fan you won't need to worry about that. This game is so much fun! You never run out of things to do! Go the classic route and complete the Pokedex, or go the competitive route and super train your Pokemon! The violence is not what you might think it to be. There are great characters, and some are very lovable. If you are buying a 3DS, get this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjamester989 March 6, 2014

LEARNING

They wanted to be the very best and now they are!

This was bye far the best pokemon game of all time i have played through at least 3 times now, and I still love it!