All member reviews for Portal 2

Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

Very Fun & Challenging

This is a Very Fun and Brain Teasing Game which is fun for all ages. Can be a Bit Tricky for Under 7 but besides from that should be a E no Violence maybe uses words like 'Hell' but nothing they wouldn't hear anywhere else.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygameaddictwn April 26, 2011

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

This is a must-buy for any puzzle and comedy fans. The puzzles are hard but not hard enough to let you give up. The comedy is the best I have seen in ANY game AND movie. Each chapter I played I had to get off the computer and I had literally had to force myself to stop laughing. This game also states that even if you're adopted that you can be the best at what you do. The bad guys *spoiler* even learns a lesson that with great power comes great responsibility *end spoiler*. One thing is the language the world 'bloody' are commonly used. 'O my god' can also be heard multiple times. D*mn is used 2 times and 'hell' about 3 times. Also GLaDOS in the beginning insults you heavily. Another part is where GLaDOS screams. But you can hear she has pain. It was so bad it send shivers down my spine. But aside from that is i FANTASTIC. BEST VALVE GAME EVER. A must-buy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDideloop2 May 19, 2011

Messages: 3/5- There’s a lot of talk of killing in this game. Both main characters attempt to kill you throughout the game and talk about it in violent ways. But by the end, things change, and you work together. Violence: 2/5- You can get mashed by “mashy spike plates,” killed by poison gas, and shot by automatic turrets. Sex: 0/5- Nothing. Language: 1/5- Mild language, such as d-mn and h-ll, throughout. Overall: Portal 2 is one of the greatest games ever made. It has a great story, amazing dialogue and fantastically crafted characters. It has a slightly disturbing and creepy atmosphere, and the ambient music perfects this. The game has an increasingly interesting and strange story, until the breathtaking, epic finale. After the 10-12 hour single player game is over, you can continue the story with co-op mode. Portal 2 is unbelievably good. Ages 11 and up should be ok, because of the mild language, creepy atmosphere and mild violence. (and sheer epicness) :D
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2011

Really Good!

Very good game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIan in Anime May 15, 2011

A perfect puzzle game

This game is perfect for most people. It involves thinking, and problem solving skills, your child will REALLY use his brain during the majority of these puzzles. The game can seem somewhat dark at times. Mostly because of the robot antagonist GladOs. If you have two kids, they can play a co-operative campaign, and learn teamwork skills. There is some language, but nothing serious. The words D*mn and H*ll are present, but nothing else.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2011

Perfect for Tweens and teens.

Good for tweens, But watch that 4 year old christmas boy for that language
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2011

Perfect game for tweens in need of something new

This game is amazing. Each character is developed and expressive, and even if they're robots, they have more personality than many human characters in other games. The puzzles are challenging but never frustrating, and you have as long as you need to complete them without any interruptions (although to keep him in-character, Wheatley will make impaitient remarks from time to time during his tests. These are purely for comedy and don't add any pressure at all). The ending blew me away. Never before have I felt such a mix of satisfaction and sadness.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJCK12 April 30, 2011

10+

If you liked portal 1 you'll LOVE portal 2. Its pretty much the same except longer and the fact that its e+10 (even though the 1st one should of been rated e+10)
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

FUN

This game is one of the best ps3 games ever the reason i gave this game ON 7+ is becauase 2-6 year old wont be able to solve some of these puzzles im a teenager and even i have some trouble this game is fun to play and is full of good role models and good messages
Kid, 9 years old May 14, 2012

Only 7 and up

It was a great game, but Steam, has inappropriate forums. It is a Steam game. It also ha the D and H word. And, a lot of violence, and saying "kill." Even MORE violence. A Super 8 level.
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2011

great for ages 10 up

an awesome strategy game but gets frustrating at times get console version
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 April 30, 2011

Not a gamer

This game is fun but, hard to play at some parts so that's why I give it ON for 9. There is nothing at all violent or sexy in this game so the only problem is how hard it can be at some parts. The reason for that is probably because I'm not a gamer. :) so overall fun and family friendly game.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

in top 10 best games

This game is on my top 10 best games ever made .But it is pretty violent in co-op as your player will get smashed to pieces many times but they are only robots and respawn after death.Also during the story there are minor swears like hell.But it is still a great game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlec14 July 30, 2012

12 for swearing in this one

In portal 2 you have to solve tons of hard puzzles just like the first portal but now there an actual story and the characters are hilarious. It has a bit of violence (turrets shooting at you, destroying the boss by throwing bombs at it), and I put 12+ because there is some swearing. The only things you here in the game are hell and d*mn from the guy who made aperture talking through a recording and thats pretty much the only time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byconnr_dude June 14, 2012

10?!?!?!?

really 10, REALLY? a little under 10 is fine
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2011

put up a positave portal..(lame pun )

fun puzzling fps rules
Teen, 13 years old Written byPortalRocker0427 June 13, 2011

Wonderful game for good problem solvers

This game is good for kids 9+. There are plenty of ways to creatively solve problems (like using portals to get to otherwise unreachable areas). There is a small amount of language heard VERY infrequently, as well as verbal depictions of violence. It's nothing that kids haven't heard before. If you like thinking games then buy this game!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIwaki May 28, 2011

Just don't play it if you've adopted ANYONE.

At the moment, in the giant place called the United States of America, there's a controversy going on, over some raging dad about Wheatley's insults. If you don't know, Wheatley is the core you see in the beginning of the game. He says "adopted fatty" but the stupid news show reporting it, didn't even go to what GLaDOS, your "enemy", said after that. Anyway, the game is good. It makes you think, but it is NOT educational! The only violence is turrets shooting you. The game has blood, yes, but it is hardly noticed while you and/or your child is enjoying the game. The game has a dark but good sense of comedy. The characters do not say any major profanities. If you're really concerned, I'd just recommend playing the co-op/multiplayer mode.
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2015

Rated 10 for difficulty.

Parents need to know that this game is not very violent. Turrets will try to shoot you, but there is no blood. I gave it a 10 and up rating because it is kind of hard. I got stuck on it quite a few times. It swears a little bit. (D*mn, Oh my g*d) but it is very infrequent. It is very easy to pick up and play. There is a first game, so mild consumerism. Glados learns a good lesson at the end.
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2015

LEARNING

Not good for young children, very fun game,

There is violence and words like "hell" so it's not good for young children. Other wise the story is entertaining and it is fun to figure out the secrets and past of the characters. To me this is a re playable game, and the second time you play it is more fun because you have an easier time with the puzzles. The first time you play it may be frustrating, but just hang in there. It's a really good game. The villain is a very good villain. She does say some violent things, but they aren't too bad. She is also creepy while being sarcastic and funny at the same time. I believe I have replayed it at least 10 times and it's on my to do list.