All member reviews for Portal 2

Teen, 16 years old Written bymilkandhoney December 26, 2012

Awesome.

This is what a game should be.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2012

BEST PS3 GAME EVER!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytvanbev November 13, 2012

LEARNING

An educational game that is fun at the same time.

This game is very smart, and is the most educational game a kid over 10 can really enjoy. Swearing happens twice and these are words that can be on boardcast TV. Sometimes, the characters say offending things about body weight and adoption that can be a little offensive to some familes. These things are exteremley are though, and this game deserves it's E10+ rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 September 27, 2012

LEARNING

Surprisingly, it's probably my favorite video game... period. But before I mindlessly compliment it...

@ResponsibleParentOf2 WAT? "plus it makes kids think too hard." I'm sorry, WHAT!?! *sigh* So you're saying games that require you to think are BAD? WAT DA FRENCH FRY!?! Back to the review. Story: Best I've seen in a video game. And thank you VALVe for cramming all the Language into Chapters 6 and 7, AND for keeping it tame there as well. :3 Music: Pretty good. My personal favorites include Turret Wife Serenade and The Stalemate Button. Gameplay: This game has some great Puzzles in it. HOWEVER, I've gotten frustrated plenty of times, but I always get frustrated when playing video games. Maybe that' just because I'm a sore loser. There are a few (rather short) sections where you're just walking around, looking for a place to fire a Portal and move on to the next labyrinth, so with that said: Is it perfect? Yes. Is it better then Portal 1? NO. But is it worse? NO. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to get that game, because I've never really finished it.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2012

BUY IT!

This is a great game. It does have a bit of gory blood although. In this, you must solve puzzles as you go through Aperture Science. I would say that this is suitable for people over 8, as there is mild language, slight violence, and challenging puzzles.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil August 8, 2012

LEARNING

WOW, in my top 5 favorite games!

This game is fantastic. You learn lots by cmpeting puzzles along a huge storyline with lots of funny and intense scenes of both escapism and test chanbers. You really have to use your brain for this game. What you least exspect is usually the way out and well it's just so fun. All i can say it is funny, creative and possibly one of the best game to have been released for a long time.There is little violence as you just knock over robots although if they see you they will shoot you with machine guns. Language is not to bad either just a few utterances of some mild language once in a while. Great game (5/5).
Teen, 15 years old Written byowenator1234 June 15, 2012

LEARNING

Great story and Intelligent puzzles, but frustrating to younger children. (SPOILER ALERT)

This is an amazing game. Very intelligent, very thoughtful. Its a video game, that requires THINKING!!! Can you believe it??? Thinking, on a TV screen! Sell that headline to the media. Even after you finish the single player, you still have the co-op that your kid can play with you. Its so simple, there are only 3 buttons required - left trigger, right trigger, and the jump button. The two triggers are confusing at first, but the game starts easy so you can learn the game mechanics as you go, even as a person who has never played a video game before. The only thing I noticed, was the issue of maturity. The game is very funny, and anyone who doesn't think Wheatly (played by Stephen Merchant of The Office) is hillarious, either is very hostile, or has no sense of humor. He makes jokes about you having brain damage, and a computer not recognizing a cockney accent (if you remember that Siri bug from 2011), which is all very funny to a person who understands the jokes. This lack of maturity/brain-development that hates humor can also lead into frustration when solving puzzles. At times, the puzzles require thinking "outside the box", sometimes quite literally. This may be an excellent problem solving lesson for your child if, if he/she is independent and doesn't seek a walk-through every time they have a problem. Otherwise, it will be a lot of time of you playing and them watching, rather than them learning the excitement of figuring something out. Another thing to watch for is the violence. The player is not being violent themselves, but is rather using wits (and portals) to take down the turrets and avoid toxic gasses. The main antagonist, GLaDOS, will attempt to murder you (as revenge from Portal), as well as be a generally horrible, moral-less robot. (In the end, she softens and switches sides to let you leave Aperture Labs. (: Happy ending.) As I said before, this is an amazing game with extremely difficult puzzles. The reason for my age rating is due to the difficulty of the puzzles - not the violence. Kids below a certain learning curve will become somewhat frustrated, but persistent, and then excited. I think that the average cartoon is more violent, and less rewarding than this game, so if any parent has beef with video games in general, saying that they make kids "Stupid" and "Violent" - this is my counter. Let generation Z teach you a lesson in Rock and Roll. ADDITION The game has a Parkour-esque movement scheme. In simple, you're moving from point A to point B using only your surroundings and your wits. The Portal Gun serves as your body and strength, your high fall boots replace kinesthetic awareness, and your mind serves as your discipline and your, well, mind.
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2012

Portawesome

Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkiePieIsEpic May 13, 2012

that was the freaking best game ever close to Left 4 Dead and Left For Dead 2

BEST GAME EVER!buy it!you'll love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byBiglebob789 April 20, 2012

Still a great game, but 10 years old is to young

This game may be OK for a 10 year old maturity wise, but the puzzles get extremely hard and the jokes the main antagonist make can at times be hard for a younger kid to appreciate. This game also features open text and voice chat in the multiplayer mode.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErnestBeqiri March 30, 2012

Portal 2 is the best game I ever played!

Educational, enjoyable game that you cannot forget it. But, is not for little children for some reasons: 1) Some bad words like "moron" and "hell". 2) It may be creepy for the little children. 3) It is kinda violent. But the game have some really good things, like: 1) Physics and puzzles 2) A fun and clever gameplay 3) Some positive messages 4) Funny and clever characters 5) Really good voice acting etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCriticalMovieRater01 March 10, 2012

One of the Reasons I BOUGHT a PS3 in the First Place

Loved the game. It was challenging, funny, and really fun to play. Probably one of my favorite sequels to a game ever (this, and Twisted Metal). Your kid will have to think throughout the game, took me hours to beat the game, It's basically 1 giant puzzle.
Teen, 16 years old Written byninjitsu master March 8, 2012

For science, for glory, for portal!

Chell, the main character for the single player portion of the game, wakes up to a unique and hillarious sequel to the origanal portal game. From the start to the finish, the game intigrates an interesting form of sarcastic and satirical humor, mixed deeply into the mind bending environmental puzzles. To top it all of nicely, the story is as perplexing as the puzzles and as intriguing as the concept itself. As far as warnings are concerned, the first thing I must mention is the violence. Although I did not put up a warning for "too much violence" I do find the need to warn you of the fact that the antagonist of the main character is constantly trying to kill you in ways such as spiked smashing plates, nurotoxins, lasers, and turrets that shoot an alarming amount of bullets at you. The only other problematic thing I can find in the game is the cursing. Throughout most of the game, the cursing is kept to a minimum, however when you get further through levels the language takes a dive for the worst. In summary, the game has fantastic gameplay, mind-bending puzzles, unbelieveably realistic physics, side-splitting jokes, and not many warning lights.
Kid, 10 years old March 7, 2012

good there is plenty of humor and teamwork

In portal you are given a gun that does not fire something you use two portals that are linked together. you use momentum and quick thinking to solve test there is a sear used from time to time but never used a lot there is also a co-op mode were players must use teamwork to solve tests and sometimes they put there lives in there friends hand its also highly funny humor but also some crude humor. the story: you wake up in the destroyed aperture science centers, then you team up with with your robot friend wheatly then you wake up the mater robot GlaDos (genetic life form and disk operating system) (Note: everything after this is a spoiler) wheatly betrays you, you meat Cave Johnson, you get back in the labs and you in a boss fight
Teen, 15 years old Written byxraynebow March 5, 2012

Another wonderful game from Valve

I will show my love for the game with a poem. Portal 2, Portal 2; How I love you; With Wheatly and Chell; And GlaDos not in hell; You're puzzles are beautiful; You're story irrefutable; But alas, it is not Half-Life 3; Which Valve will not heave; Out it's contents for the world to see; And Gordon Freeman will not return; And until then our discs will turn; Inside our computers for all eternity
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

THE BEST!

this game is so awesome! good for people who like puzzle games!
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2012

greatest game created

portal 2 is engenious. it is the best game ive everplayed.period. it does have its way with words such as hell and d***. stuff like that. it is pretty violent, but not too violent. i put the drug thingy on because you can get killed by poison gas. it gets so hard that you might wannathrow the controller, but you have to finish for its grandfinale ending
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose January 29, 2012

"Oh. Hi. How're You Holding Up? Because I'm a POTATO."

I've only played half of the game so far...and it's by far one of my new faves!! The puzzles are challenging and at times will give your brain a good workout. Then again, there's other time you can simply enjoy GlaDOS and Wheatley's ramblings, disable all the security cameras, or just burninate some random junk. Heh. 'Burninate.' I love that word. There's a million things I could say about this game, all positive...but I think it'll be quicker to list the negatives. - There is some cussing, but nothing serious. Just the beaver word, H-E-double hockey sticks, and using the Lord's name in vain. I'm very sensitive about that kind of thing, but then again, language in the game is rarely used. One of the robot's lines (once you plug him in to a power source so he can turn the lights on) is, "'Let there be light'. That was God....I was quoting God. Yeah." I'm not sure if that would offend anyone, because it's not exactly in vain (but sort of is), but at the same time it could offend some athiests. It's kind of one of those loose-loose things. Way to go, Wheatley (But I still love ya! :D). Another quote...which has became one of my mottos (minus the swear)... "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Yell at life! Get Angry! Say, 'I don't want your (Insert beaver word here) lemons!! I don't NEED your lemons!!' Then you should contact life's manager. If THAT didn't work, then warn life one more time; 'Y'know, I'm gonna get my engineers to create some combustible lemons. Then, I'm gonna BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!!'" (Okay...I'm ad-libbing here a little. Just off the top of my memory.) -The game is a little laggy. Not terribly, and it probobly depends on what version you're playing (mine is PC). There are a few elements that could easily scare younger kids, and some of the music is an almost dubstep-ish sound. However, there's also orchestral, electronic, and even an opera. The soundtrack is my favorite made-for gaming CD, by far (Dragon Quest IX is a veeerryy close secound, though). The charachters in the game, even if robots or pre-recorded messages, have more personality than most video game charachters. Take Mario for example. Need I say more? The voice acting for the game is spectacular. Wheatley will make you laugh at least once. I guarrentee it. As for violence: it's limited, but not vaccant. GLaDOS screams in one scene, odviously feeling pain, a giant robotic arm tries to squish you in an elevator, turrets shoot at you and a red fuzz appears along the screen, and a few warning posters in Old Aperture have a rather gory illustration on them (a man with his hand cut off, blood squirting from it, with a comedic slogan 'Accidents Hurt...You!'), and a few other mild things. How about this; I'll just put the rating this way. If you're mature eneough to watch the 'Mythbusters' series on television, you're set to play Portal 2 and it's predecessor!
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2012

Best game EVARRR

Amazing game. Absolutely amazing. And funny. With mild coarse language. And such amazing music (you can download the soundtrack from the website). Will be very difficult for younger players though, I am twelve, and like to think that i'm pretty good puzzle-solverer, and just the slightest bit insane, but several levels left me stumped for hours. Also, the teensiest bit spooky, or creepy (but not so much scary) in the beginning, since the 'chambers' where the game take place, have not been maintained for many years, and are partially in ruins. There is a small amount of violence due to the the 'turrets' which are like sentries, and shoot bullets at you, or the 'mashy spike plates' the humongous pools of acid, which is just a way of saying, 'if you fall off, you have to start over' . But when you are hurt, or die, there is no blood or gore or anything like that, the screen just goes a bit red. There is also an abundance of killing talk, and killing attempts, but this game still isn't very violent, all And also, at the end there are bombs thrown at you, and an explosion. Overall, this is the besterest game, for adults and children alike, it's not very long, but you will be playing over and over again, and after that, there's 2 player co-op mode. It is a must-have. :DDDDD
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigbazzi72 December 31, 2011

Greatest Game I Ever Played!

It's my favorite game, but there are these turrets in the game that shoot you and redness covers the screen. It's not told to be blood, and not the type you see in Call Of Duty, but I guess you can tell it's blood. And they say some bad words. They say the word moron like 5 times, an in one point, this guy named Cave Johnson screams out the word the d*mn a few times in one instant when he rages through a loudspeaker. And this robot named Wheatley makes fun of you and calls you an adopted fatty. But I'm just saying the negative things. It's actually a really fun game that teaches you about trust and partnership.