All member reviews for Portal 2

Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2013

Awesome

Great game easy game controls and awesome back story some languge nice game play Best Game Of 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byZ0mb1eK1ll3rG1rl January 27, 2013

SPAAAAACE!!!

Wow. This was really a different type of puzzle game. Though they usually get boring, Portal 2 never did. I would not recommend it for kids under 9 though, because I am pretty sure that they would get bored and frustrated but it depends on the kid. This game had some laugh out loud moments. Just a really funny game. Even though there are honestly like 4 characters, only one is living, one is a robot, one is a potato, and one is just a series of pre recorded messages, you really get to know and connect with them all. There is not any blood at all, but you will be shot by turrets if you are not careful. This is just a great game. I think everyone should play the Portal series.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymilkandhoney December 26, 2012

Awesome.

This is what a game should be.
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2012

BEST PS3 GAME EVER!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 September 27, 2012

LEARNING

Surprisingly, it's probably my favorite video game... period. But before I mindlessly compliment it...

@ResponsibleParentOf2 WAT? "plus it makes kids think too hard." I'm sorry, WHAT!?! *sigh* So you're saying games that require you to think are BAD? WAT DA FRENCH FRY!?! Back to the review. Story: Best I've seen in a video game. And thank you VALVe for cramming all the Language into Chapters 6 and 7, AND for keeping it tame there as well. :3 Music: Pretty good. My personal favorites include Turret Wife Serenade and The Stalemate Button. Gameplay: This game has some great Puzzles in it. HOWEVER, I've gotten frustrated plenty of times, but I always get frustrated when playing video games. Maybe that' just because I'm a sore loser. There are a few (rather short) sections where you're just walking around, looking for a place to fire a Portal and move on to the next labyrinth, so with that said: Is it perfect? Yes. Is it better then Portal 1? NO. But is it worse? NO. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to get that game, because I've never really finished it.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2012

BUY IT!

This is a great game. It does have a bit of gory blood although. In this, you must solve puzzles as you go through Aperture Science. I would say that this is suitable for people over 8, as there is mild language, slight violence, and challenging puzzles.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkiePieIsEpic May 13, 2012

that was the freaking best game ever close to Left 4 Dead and Left For Dead 2

BEST GAME EVER!buy it!you'll love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byBiglebob789 April 20, 2012

Still a great game, but 10 years old is to young

This game may be OK for a 10 year old maturity wise, but the puzzles get extremely hard and the jokes the main antagonist make can at times be hard for a younger kid to appreciate. This game also features open text and voice chat in the multiplayer mode.
Teen, 13 years old Written byErnestBeqiri March 30, 2012

Portal 2 is the best game I ever played!

Educational, enjoyable game that you cannot forget it. But, is not for little children for some reasons: 1) Some bad words like "moron" and "hell". 2) It may be creepy for the little children. 3) It is kinda violent. But the game have some really good things, like: 1) Physics and puzzles 2) A fun and clever gameplay 3) Some positive messages 4) Funny and clever characters 5) Really good voice acting etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCriticalMovieRater01 March 10, 2012

One of the Reasons I BOUGHT a PS3 in the First Place

Loved the game. It was challenging, funny, and really fun to play. Probably one of my favorite sequels to a game ever (this, and Twisted Metal). Your kid will have to think throughout the game, took me hours to beat the game, It's basically 1 giant puzzle.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

THE BEST!

this game is so awesome! good for people who like puzzle games!
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2012

greatest game created

portal 2 is engenious. it is the best game ive everplayed.period. it does have its way with words such as hell and d***. stuff like that. it is pretty violent, but not too violent. i put the drug thingy on because you can get killed by poison gas. it gets so hard that you might wannathrow the controller, but you have to finish for its grandfinale ending
Kid, 2 years old December 28, 2011

Great kids game.

Awesome game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona December 21, 2011

Brilliant game. Just be wary of it for more sensitive kids.

This game is incredible, with a deep storyline that will interest kids and keep adults hooked. You don't need to play the original Portal to understand it (although many players recommend it), and the humor is A-plus. It will stump even the best of players, who will need to use logic and basic physics to get through the game. Parents with younger or more sensitive kids should do their homework first, though: there is a remark about how, "You [the player character] ARE adopted, and that's terrible," some jokes about the player character's weight, and a man (who is never seen, but is heard on recorded messages) who is dying of a poisoning caused by moon rocks. Digging deeper into the game files will turn up some more disturbing unused lines. So definitely be wary of the game, but know it contains a great mental workout and storyline.
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2011

There you are. Let's get started.

We're going to have fun with science. I liked Portal 1 better, but this is still a masterpiece.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2011

a family game

a must have for puzzle fans. should be fine for a 7 year old however there are some really hard puzzles and i heard a swear every now and then
Teen, 16 years old Written byNeil17 August 26, 2011

Greatest game in the "e" category.

I'm shocked at what other people are saying. This is almost defiantly the best game for in the "e" category of ratings. The only remotely inappropriate aspect to this game might be the turrets. They shoot you. Thats about it. This game is also hysterical, most defiantly the funniest game ever. It even encourages teamwork! What more could you want? Although you robot tester makes some remarks that humans cant work together. Its funny cause its true. Just you try to play it online.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2011

Educational and entertaining

The game does require some critical thinking, so it may require a more developed brain or older child. It is mostly appropriate, there is some talk of killing, an words like hell, crap, and d*mn are used, but it is educational and gives a positive message to kids of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byItsHorseSense August 13, 2011

ummm WINNING!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!! I love the how you have to really think to get each test done!! Some things might be too scary for some younger kids though, which is why I rated it pause.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

BEST VIDEO GAME EVER!

This game is terrific.The story board is wonderful and is better then the first one! There is language and a lot of talk about killing, But the puzzles are hard and Wheatley (A core) Is verry funny. I woud reccomend this game to puzzle lovers out there. Another thing is the co-op part of the game, Players can talk freely and have to solve hard puzzles.