All member reviews for Portal 2

Kid, 2 years old December 28, 2011

Great kids game.

Awesome game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona December 21, 2011

Brilliant game. Just be wary of it for more sensitive kids.

This game is incredible, with a deep storyline that will interest kids and keep adults hooked. You don't need to play the original Portal to understand it (although many players recommend it), and the humor is A-plus. It will stump even the best of players, who will need to use logic and basic physics to get through the game. Parents with younger or more sensitive kids should do their homework first, though: there is a remark about how, "You [the player character] ARE adopted, and that's terrible," some jokes about the player character's weight, and a man (who is never seen, but is heard on recorded messages) who is dying of a poisoning caused by moon rocks. Digging deeper into the game files will turn up some more disturbing unused lines. So definitely be wary of the game, but know it contains a great mental workout and storyline.
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2011

There you are. Let's get started.

We're going to have fun with science. I liked Portal 1 better, but this is still a masterpiece.
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

What is this? They did not say He*l or Da-n

Ages 0-5 Off Ages 6-8 Iffy Ages 9+ On Common Sense you lied they did not say He*l or Da-n the only bad word in this game was Cr@p.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddyporter4639 November 28, 2011

Portal

Although portal may make your mind explode in frustration, and they lie about giving you cake, this game is educational and challenging. It teaches your kid to think hard, how to make potato batteries, and teaches you that while your enemy may hate you, you may end up helping them against a bigger enemy and become friends. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byFozzieTheChamp October 21, 2011

Dark Humor

Glados hates you with a burning passion, and she makes it clear throughout the whole game. you hear hell a few times and possibly d-mn, but that is it. It has some value because of the puzzle-solving.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshockninja October 9, 2011

This sequel is better than the original!

Sequel to the VALVe game, Portal, Portal 2 is much more complex than the first game. The plot line is MUCH more impressive than the first game, and the puzzles are not as difficult. However the language is not needed at parts. So not for everyone, but good.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

Portal 2 is a fun yet educational game. It allows the player to solve puzzles using portals (or as some people call it, wormholes) The game contains a lot of the characters trying to kill each other but in the end no one dies. There is some language but it does not last long. There is a lot of violence starting right after chapter 1, not for small children. The best part of the game is the story it is very funny and will let you have fun as well as making you smart! P.S. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalleo September 6, 2011

Its a good game none the less...

This game really does promote teamwork with a friend and heavy thinking including funny dialogue to keep kids laughing!
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2011

a family game

a must have for puzzle fans. should be fine for a 7 year old however there are some really hard puzzles and i heard a swear every now and then
Teen, 16 years old Written byNeil17 August 26, 2011

Greatest game in the "e" category.

I'm shocked at what other people are saying. This is almost defiantly the best game for in the "e" category of ratings. The only remotely inappropriate aspect to this game might be the turrets. They shoot you. Thats about it. This game is also hysterical, most defiantly the funniest game ever. It even encourages teamwork! What more could you want? Although you robot tester makes some remarks that humans cant work together. Its funny cause its true. Just you try to play it online.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfair reviewer August 22, 2011

Great storyline and little voilence

first off, I do not own this game, but I have played through the campaign. This game is a great puzzle game and parents should let their kids play it. As soon as most parents find out it is a fps, they say no ( mine said maybe ). I understand because first person can be a little voilent but this game isnt violent. This game is more educational than its violence. You dont shoot people, and you may shoot robots one or twice in the game. mainly, the gun shoots a portal whitch is used to get to another portal that you previosly shot. It also includes a co-op mode, but I dont really care about in game chatting. Also its split screen for two player fun. This game isnt bad and you should let them get it.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2011

Educational and entertaining

The game does require some critical thinking, so it may require a more developed brain or older child. It is mostly appropriate, there is some talk of killing, an words like hell, crap, and d*mn are used, but it is educational and gives a positive message to kids of all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byItsHorseSense August 13, 2011

ummm WINNING!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!! I love the how you have to really think to get each test done!! Some things might be too scary for some younger kids though, which is why I rated it pause.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

BEST VIDEO GAME EVER!

This game is terrific.The story board is wonderful and is better then the first one! There is language and a lot of talk about killing, But the puzzles are hard and Wheatley (A core) Is verry funny. I woud reccomend this game to puzzle lovers out there. Another thing is the co-op part of the game, Players can talk freely and have to solve hard puzzles.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2011

Break the space law: go to space jail.

Portal: Great game, great song. Portal 2: Better game, better song. I don't see why younger kids can't play this. My 7 year old neighbor has beaten Portal on his own with no help. I play Portal 2 with him alot, as it is a bit harder, but it's a hell of a great game. The way we play is I move around with the WSAD keys and he controls the mouse. I have beaten the game but he has played up until the first "boss battle" (I'm not giving spoilers) His brother who just turned 5 plays the first Portal game, but not the second. When I know they're going to swear in portal 2, I just turn the volume off or have him not listen to that specific part. Yeah, I know the game that well. Usually people say good sequel is an oxymoron. Not in this case. One thing I complain about is the ratings on Portal and Portal 2. Oh come on, swap the flipping ratings on Portal and Portal 2. All they say that is questionable is "hell" in Portal. Portal 2 has a bit more language, and a bit of a darker storyline. So what if you have to kill the cube and get around turrets in Portal? Usually people hate people that quote portal/portal2 I say that we can't talk about it without saying many of the awesome quotes. That's right. It's not a quote. It's a need. They sell those too. I specifically loved the last battle and the ending sequence. Who would of thought that you would see the cube again? I also loved GLaDOS at the end. That was honestly and truly a touching ending. I nearly cried. And after the song? Hilarious. I say GLaDOS is a good role model because even if you're usually mean, you can always team up to fight for what's right, and that's what she did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmK4_7_ August 6, 2011

Companion Cube

With games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, and Halo out, this is a great alternative for kids. Fun, addictive, and has just memorable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySBFBCCPOM July 13, 2011

An Amazing Installment From Valve

Portal 2 is a terrific game. It requires you to THINK to solve the puzzles. And that doesn't stop it from entertaining. The dialogue is hilarious and the plot is genius. My 8 year old sister doesn't quite understand how to "Think With Portals", but she enjoys watching me play it, for merely the dialogue alone. The violence is not a problem, unless you count a robotic AI being forced off of it's base. Very very slight use of the words "hell" and "d*mn", and the character Wheatley uses the word "bloody" a bit. All in all, it's terrific. You MUST buy this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDr.Gamer July 11, 2011

When Wheatley turns GLaDOS -SPOILER- into a potato, GLaDOS said "Moron" for some time. And a "bad language war" happens between GLaDOS and Wheatley for 1 minute or more -SPOILER ENDS-. But simply I recommend this for people 9 years old and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEbanski July 8, 2011

Pretty cool.

My Mum brought it one day and I found a bit boring. But it is a must buy for puzzle fans and who liked the first portal.