Ferocious, foul-mouthed action title filled with gore.

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2012

crap sequel

this game let's down the first more gorier and more exceptionaly more language that is very horrible.So over the top a 12 year old could play this if they have no sound not for people under 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytitchy_penguin June 9, 2012

Brilliant Game

It is a widely underated game that many people don't buy because of the age. The age rating could be lower, as the violence is the only thing making it an 18. The language is nothing kids 12+ won't have heard so it is up to the parents to decide if it is suitable. Overall it is a great game for kids 15+ depending on how harsh the parents are.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 16, 2014

Cool but not for kids

This game contain lots of gore and bad language along with sexually explicit dialogues so it should not be played by anyone aged 17 or under.
Teen, 16 years old Written byadvanced gamer January 15, 2016

Best game ever

I love this game Ita one of those superpower games you never get bored of lots of open world fun the game is highly underrated I don't know why its a awesome game it does have cussing and gore but what game doesn't the main character Heller is a bad*ss though I never played the first game I still feel like I know exactly what happened before this game I highly recommend this game its not really for kids but still tons of fun
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 October 24, 2013

Really gory sequel, but still fun!

Fun game, but contains very strong violence and gore. You can slash, dismember, decapitate, comsume, slice people and enemys and it contains blood and gore. The violence may disturb some people as well as scare young kids. There is strong language with many uses of the word "F---" and "S---" throughout the game. There is no sex or nudity, as well as no alcohol or drug use. Only strong violence and language in which this may be to much for young kids. Suggested MPAA R: Strong Graphic Violence and Gore, Pervasive Language, and Disturbing Images.
Teen, 13 years old Written byD00M5_D8Y May 23, 2016

A sequel better than the Original? That's rare!

Personally, I feel the first game was pretty mediocre making this review a bit biased. However, I believe it is extremely better. Movement, combat, powers and the story has a higher bar to its original making it more fun in general. I wouldn't focus too much on the potty language because if you're worried about your child playing this, reseaech the gore factor. Limbs are torn, people can be eaten, zombies roam the streets and even a bit of combat enhancing drugs slide in there too. Overall, if your kid can stomach it, I don't see why not.
Parent Written byMustacheman August 29, 2015

let your kid play

very mild and fun video game. great 4 11 and up!
Parent Written byAcdcwe August 29, 2015

Great game

let your kids play this my son loved it. violence 3/10 10 and up!!
Adult Written bygoogle23gamer August 29, 2015

Video game

decent game fun not too violent. Final rating 7/10
Parent Written bysappydad23 August 29, 2015

Violence 3/10 Fakeness 6/10 Fun 8/10 language 2/10

Parent Written byTweeter2423 August 29, 2015

Truth

bought this game for my son on christmas he had been wanting it for a long time. he said it was like a super hero movie u could jump all around on the building fight aliens. appropriate for 11 years old
Parent Written byPS4Laover2 August 29, 2015

good alternitave

to other games you dont want your kids playing. my son loved and forgot all about the other games. good for 10 and up
Parent Written byTBagels August 29, 2015

OK game (fake)

good sequel to first game. great for 11 and up!
Parent Written byXboxHalogamer2 August 29, 2015

Good game

good for 11 and up. super powers make a fun game. killing aliens
Parent Written byHappyBurgers23 August 29, 2015

Great game for 11 and up!

I bought this game for my 11 year old son, he said it was fun and not too violent. in this games you progress in the story mode and unlock super powers. u jump all around the city using them and completing missions and other quests. no bad charecter models
Teen, 13 years old Written byThisismyusername47 June 18, 2015

Not the best for kids

If there wasn't a solution for the swearing I would have marked this not for kids. You can skip the cut scenes but what contains the most swearing is the people in free roam and your character swearing during game play. The solution for that is to turn off the dialogue in the game so you can hear the sound effects and music but nobody talks, so you still have sound but you don't hear ah f*** every time someone walks by you. I honestly think the violence can get out of hand but most of the blood is confused from the biomass (the power that makes your claws and etc.). There are literally 2 lines that have sexual references in the whole game that you can see at ESRB and you wont even have to worry about if you turn off the dialogue and skip the cut scenes. In conclusion prototype 2 is ok for your twelve year old and older as long as you trust them to turn off the dialogue and skip the cut scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymuaz mahmood September 11, 2014

Muaz age rating review for Pakistan

I think this game age rating is 17 because this game contains lots of violence,blood and gore.Our player cuts of opponents neck by blade and tendrils which produce a frightening scene.Abusing and sexual language is also used in game.I will refer you not to play this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byy0ung_mu11a September 7, 2013

fun but not ok for some kids

violent with a lot of curse words
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier December 18, 2012

16+

Open world cussing gory filled violent game Blood/gore 10/10 Cussing 10/10 Sex 0/10 Substances 2/10 With all the extreme gore and cussing along with some scary scenes and being open world and anti law it's for 16 and up
Parent Written bygooglebot November 2, 2012