Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Red Dead Redemption 2

Outstanding Western adventure has very mature themes.

Adult Written byGoHalosMT April 3, 2019

Yes, it's a well made game, but for Christian families....

....it's not something our teens should be playing. Profanity is flippant and rampant. The F-word, racist name-calling, and every other profanity imaginable. You can murder anyone you wish to. You can steal. You can cause mayhem. Is it well made? Yes. Is it a blast to play? Yes. However, does Jesus call us to higher things? Absolutely.

Adult Written byEmma haugeland March 27, 2019

Great gameplay little to no Sexual or nudity Immersive and sensetive story

This is is pretty much just a masterpeace on my perspective.Little to no sexual content. vVolence and drugs other dangerous substantive, are of course in there its a westeren. Optional to drink or do drugs and swear to other NPC. Tell you a story that good people do bad things my child and i love this game

Adult Written byRickGrimes March 21, 2019

Love It This Game Was So Masterpiece And Esstential Of The The Best Game Ever

Adult Written byfoxfilmsp March 17, 2019

Must be mature

For starters, this game is amazing. The graphics are almost perfect and you have over 60 hours of complete gameplay. I think your child must be around 13 years old to play the game due to a few factors such as language, nudity, and violence. As for language, there are a lot of cuss words, but we are also talking about a WESTERN GAME. Of course there are going to be cuss words. So far the only words I’ve heard are a few f-bombs, s-word and b*tch and b*stard are used more often. In the game there are also a couple of drug references such as tobacco and alcohol, but once again, it is a western game that takes place in the 1800’s that ANY mature child can handle well. Nudity, there IS NOT a lot of. There is one scene where a woman is on top of a man, but that only appears for one second in the game. There is another scene where a woman washes your character in a bathtub for money, but there is no nudity it is all covered by bubbles. In a saloon, women ask if you character “wants to have a good time” but you have the option to decline. Once again, someone who is of a mature age can easily handle situations like this and there is no NUDITY but only sexual references. As for violence, there is a lot and cannot be avoided because it is something you need in order to get the most out of your game. Gore isn’t too bad. When you shoot a character, all there is is a smile blood splash and after they die, there is usually a small puddle of blood. When hunting, there is an option to skin your animal you’ve killed for money, and that’s usually the worst it gets as for violence and gore. Overall, just make sure your child is a mature age and can handle situations that I’ve listed.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTyler19698 March 2, 2019

Mature kids 13 and over

When I say 13+, I am talking about the teens that are very mature. They should act older than they are. With that out of the way, this game is my favorite game of all time. Best graphics ever in a game. Best single player ever in a game. It’s not worth the fight against your kids.

Adult Written byBlackHawk69 March 1, 2019

Seriously, it’s THAT good!

This game gets an undeserving amount of medium ratings, but let me tell you right now... what Rockstar hs created right jere is a masterpiece. I’m drunk rn at 2.30 AM typing this, because someone has to say it. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t buy this game... Okay, maybe one reason; if you don’t got time to enjoy the true experience, don’t buy it, but if you do... oh boy. This game is like something pulled out of a dream of mine. Every attention to detail is so apparent, but yet so hard to see. It’s like they’ve really put their souls into this game, and it shows. It had life, story, contrast, debth.. everything. All in all, 10/10. I’d pay 200 dollars for this game if I had to.. and that should tell you alot. Kudos to my brothers at Rockstar games. You did it again! I’m out

Adult Written bySharkboi69 February 26, 2019

Amazing....

This is not a game, its an experience. I honestly do not know how God of War won Game of The Year over RDR2. This game has some of the best storylines, gameplay, characters, and immersion that I have seen in a long time.

Adult Written byCider1234 February 24, 2019

Amazing

A great story better then most movies and tv shows. You play as Arthur Morgan a outlaw in the dying west with a group of other intriguing characters behind him in Dutch’s gang. The story just doing all the basic missions are over 60 at least hours of gameplay. Anyone who played the first game will likely know the ending but it is a fun ride and well worth the money. The message is also good even if it’s a little corroded with how you choose to play the game.there is about five seconds of total nudity but it can be avoided if you don’t go to any of it the rooms when your drunk with Lenny. Characters also drink and smoke but none of it is anything you can’t walk outside and see cigarettes and beer at a store or gas stations so it’s not a big deal. The game is great and extremely fun.

Adult Written byPlexwriter12 February 4, 2019

Hidden Pentagram!!! Beware

My son LOVED this game until he watched a you tube video on how to get to other spots on the map. We found out that there is a Pentagram that the game calls an Easter Egg that is hidden in Butchers Creek. It comes alive and lights up so you can sacrifice things to it between the hours of 4:00 and 5:00 am. I also found that this game is endorsed by Wiccans. I found a Wiccan blog that gave specific instructions on how to activate the Pentagram. This is NOT ok!!! After finding thisbout, we are throwing the game away. It’s so sad that this was in there, it really was a fun game
Parent of a 8 year old Written byBobby G. January 27, 2019

Amazing Western Shooter Game

I have no idea what CSM meant by a 5 for language. I haven't heard one f--k in my 30 hour play through. Violence is definitely the main concern here. While most of the normal shootout are pretty tame, with small red clouds for each shot, when slo-mo cinematic kills happen, it gets more violent. Blood spurts out from wounds in bigger amounts. This isn't too bad- until you use a shotgun. The shotgun can cause giant wounds and excessive blood, and if its aimed at limbs, it'll blow them right off. Aside from that, knife kills can be brutal, but there is less blood and no gore. Drinking can be done as well as smoking- you can get drunk and high. Sexuality is very mild- women can wash you, and there is a brief moment in a mission where a women is seen riding on top of a man naked, with partial nudity. The only other instance sexuality is seen is when you stumble upon a two men watching a women spank a man through a window.

Adult Written byAlan B. January 26, 2019

Adult Written byGerry The Gamer Guy January 24, 2019

I depends

I feel that in comparison to other game created by Rockstar games it’s peace though it has a long plot and beautiful storyline that many children would overlook. Children now especially teenagers have already seen things like this even worse from television can be more sexually explicit than most video games. But in the end it truly depends on how your child is take this information. If you think that your child isn’t mature enough to handle this I wouldn’t suggest you buy it.

Adult Written byTrusty Reviews January 10, 2019

Nothing a mature 13 year old can’t handle

Violence is portrayed throughout this story, however you can have different approaches to the way you act. You can help your gang fight the other gang and occasional the police, or you can help the police fight off criminals. A lot of the gang fights are longer distance so you don’t see blood, however in close distance you can. You can beat and kill people at your own will but you don’t have to, but sometimes you have to beat or kill to move on with the story. There is a lot of drinking and smoking and there is one part where you get really drunk and you wander around like an idiot. You have to find your drunk friend in the hotel, however if you walk into a room there are people having sex, however it is not bad and is with cloths on. No matter was path you choose (Violent or not as violent) you will always come across violence. If you are 13 and younger you should not play it but if you are a mature 13 year old you are fine.
Adult Written byjumzmop January 9, 2019

Educational!!!!

This game is a great way for kids to learn their colors!!!! It also helps them get a jump start on anatomy. My children became tougher and smarter because of this. Would recommend !!!!!

Adult Written bySquashedGrape January 8, 2019

Great Game

I think this game is amazing! Me and my kids love it, but there is violence, no sex and a really positive message! You can fight and kill people but the death is not that bad. Don't say no to your kids yet, let them get it.

Adult Written bysasha lapin January 7, 2019

This game is so fun!

This game is the best! if your child can handle f bombs and some violence they can get this game but you can beat people and and rob them otherwise this game is good.
Adult Written byGabe Larsen January 7, 2019

Red dead redemption 2 is good for all ages

I have 9 year old son and he loves this game there is nothing that is extremely bad about this game and it is very good game. I would let any kid have this game.

Adult Written byJohny123 January 6, 2019

Should not be mature

Red dead redemtion 2 is hardly violent with very little blood and as for swearing a ten year old should probably know the words in here and they can be switched of in settings and the drinking is that really a problem

Parent of a 14 year old Written byaHollowKnight January 2, 2019

Age 9 and up? Really, parents?

Red Dead Redemption 2 is an accurate depiction of what life was like in Western America in 1899. As someone who’s played through about two hours, I can tell you that it’s violent, with some sexual themes and drugs. So far, Arthur Morgan has prevented at least one rape, and there have been multiple violent shoot outs. But, despite its mature themes, Red Dead Redemption 2 presents an amazingly complex plot. Arthur Morgan faces many moral dilemmas, such as having to decide whether or not to spares band of thieves and murders. From my point of view, most mature thirteen and fourteen year olds will be able to recognize and deal with most mature themes in the game, but parents should be a little bit cautious letting kids 15 or under play.

Adult Written byWhy wouldYou January 1, 2019

Adult content NOT suitable for kids

KKK, Violence towards women , slavery and not subjects for children