Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Red Dead Redemption 2

Outstanding Western adventure has very mature themes.

Adult Written byjefferey November 2, 2018

way to much language for a christian.

left and right g*d D*** its kinda like gta 5 when it comes to language but overall good game. barely any nudity except a rape scene if you choose to help. Man genitals and butt in a scene. and lots of drinking. i would say this game is only for 18+.

Adult Written byRDR2fan1899 November 2, 2018

One of the best games of the year with strong language and powerful themes

I have beaten the game and there is hardly any nudity only two scenes briefly show any nudity. the only nudity you child or you are likely to experience is the horse testicles. The game is violent but there is an honor system and if you kill a lot of people you won't have a good honor bar and the ending will be affected in a negative way also you will not be able to go to certain parts of the game, because you are wanted. This game is phenomenal and the world is the best have ever seen, and while there is strong language I'm sure that its nothing your child hasn't heard before. and if they haven't make sure they know that these words are offensive to some people. There are almost no racial slurs the only one being a derogatory term for a male Mexican and a black man/woman. The game also touches on the importance of loyalty and helping others. Overall this is the best game of the year for me anyways and it is appropriate for like 14 to 15-year-old and above.

Parent of a 12 year old Written by3v1np00le November 2, 2018

It is a great game for mature kids

This game is a masterpiece. If your child plays gta v or any first person shooters they can most definitely play this. There is one sex scene where you are drunk and you walk in on someone. This only lasts 10 seconds and if you do not go into any of the rooms upstairs you won't see it. While you could go and kill a whole town, the game rewards players who make good decisions by giving them cheaper shop prices and other things. There is alcohol and cigarettes but as long as you tell your kid these are bad, they will be fine and there is no more than in your 12 rated films.
Adult Written byTheRyanKing November 1, 2018

Would translate into a 16 movie

I feel like there is certainly mature Content here but if it was a movie it would be a 16. Apart from violence and gore, which is subjective to your child, you walk in on a couple having sex. You see other genetalia but it's all very tame. Some people saying 8 years old need to get their act together but I believe children are mature enough at 14
Adult Written byMarTube October 29, 2018

Not that bad at all

This game is a complete masterpiece, there is some cowboy swear like shit. I am actually impressed as how very little sex there is compared to other rockstar games. You can also use drugs and alcohol. There is violence, but it's nothing a normal 13 year old can't handle. Then the main character, Arthur Morgan, often feels bad after commiting dishonorable actions, which is a good role model. Great Game, not that bad.

Adult Written byRachelamber24 October 29, 2018

18+ not for kids

You parents are bad parents if you think this game is alright for kids kids this game has nudity sexual content lots of sexual talk drugs and alcohol strong language blood and gore no kid under 18 should be playing this I played all the way through and have seen all of what it has not for kids

Adult Written byJerrymandible October 28, 2018
Monitor them. Mistake that’s supposed to be 11 up
Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byTheUknown October 28, 2018

Adult Written byJamison72 October 27, 2018

Hear me out

I know 6 may seem extremely young for an m rated game but anything can be fine if they are supervised enough wall playing
Adult Written byMatstick65 October 27, 2018

There is a lot of language in the game but the kid has probably heard a lot of it anyway so it’s probaly fine unless you don’t want your kid hearing that stuff

Adult Written bykitty XD October 27, 2018

is it OK for a pre teen

In my option I say yes a mature preteen should be able to play this game by then they should be mature enough to handle this title there is only a few f bombs and there isn't much sexual content I can only think of two times and it didn't show any nudity it is also very fun and you child will be on it for a while considering it has a 60 hour campaign not including anything else i say let your kids play this if they are mature enough

Adult Written byGermlambet45 October 27, 2018

Fine

If your kid can handle violence and language your fine
Adult Written by76ers ru October 27, 2018
Adult Written byHyder25 October 27, 2018

Adult Written byCaliman1994 October 27, 2018

OK for mature Teens

this is one of the types of games were you make your own choices You can just Rome around the west on a horse or murder people. The campaign has some swearing but middle schoolers have heard all that at school before. There is also like a second of non sexual male nudity but overall it is fine for mature tweens
Adult Written byBillF360 October 27, 2018

Great game

Super good. Language, Violence is the same as any rockstar game. The one thing that shocked me is how little sexual stuff is in the game. Nothing a mature 12 could not handle.
Adult Written byDevinS39 October 27, 2018

Great game

Great game. Language is pretty bad along with violence. Nothing to terrible compared to some games/movies. Very little sex compared to Rockstars other games. Mature 12 year old can handle it if he or she knows what wrong vs right.
Adult Written byKyleR800 October 27, 2018

Great game, little sexual activity!

The only thing I am worried about for my kid is the nudity. I know that he can handle the language, violence, gore. The nudity is what worried me a bit. After researching quite a bit I have learned that there is partial nudity shown and a man and a woman engaging in a sexual act. This is only seen for a few seconds. When playing the game you can not ever have sex with anyone. Male genitals are shown but in a non-sexual way. I think a mature 12-13 yo should be able to handle this game.
Adult Written byDavidw34 October 27, 2018

Great game. Definitely another masterpiece of Rockstars

Violence and language is the usual in any M rated game. Partial nudity for about 3 seconds in the game. Male genital shown once though in a non-sexual way. A mature twelve to thirteen year old can handle this.
Adult Written byAbde October 25, 2018