All member reviews for Resident Evil 4

Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2011

should be kids first m rated game

this is the best game ever.I think its iffy for ten beacuase it is really violent and the use s-t in every cutseen gets annoying but it is an iffy game
Teen, 16 years old Written byXantos225 March 18, 2013

There is swearing in this game

The violence is over the top, no doubt. However i wanted to clarify the language. There are no ENGLISH F-words in the game, however there is one use of a spanish word that means the same, along with the words for s**t, and B*stard (in english and spanish)
Teen, 15 years old Written byabbylucas February 6, 2010

Best of Resident Evil Series

I love this game, it came out in 2005 and I still love it. It is a great plot and many different options to play. There are some scary images and violent but there are worst. This game is awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

Best game in the series

How in the heck could they say RE4 was 17+? It's about 13 or 14+, but anyone below that age should definitely NOT play. If you speak Spanish, you'll find a lot of swearing (like f-bombs), but the English in the game has only mild swears (like d*mn, h*ll). The violence is explicit but it stays away from the likes of Gears of War and GTA. All of the enemies are Spanish but it doesn't affect the game a lot. I say 13 or 14 and up. But seriously, an evil religious cult? That's pretty darn extreme for a game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byadc81791 April 9, 2008

Incredible

This game is a heart racing mind tingling good time. I will say its incredibly violent and the amazing graphics make it look all the more violent. But for parents, if you ever let your kids watch monster movies this game is fine. Your main charactor is a good guy and your not killing other people really, they can't be considered people anymore, they're monsters. But if you haven't let your kid see any monster movies, I would definitly not get them this. This WILL scare kids and adults.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2014

My Rating: 18

This game has a very, very violent nature. It is extremely bloody and gory, and has some strong horror elements and scenes. Overall description: Contains strong bloody violence, gory horror and strong language.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2014

its a whole new take on the horror genre with zombies, but it is very realistic in terms of graphics. Kids 10 and above should know that zombies aren't real and its just for fun. but there is frequent use of the word s**t.

its a great title for a ten year old and should be his/hers first rated M game
Teen, 13 years old Written byNukes_A_Lot December 24, 2009

Ok for Tweens and up

Now this game is the Bee's Knee's if you ask me. This game isn't really that bad per say... I've played worse, like Dead Space and others. One the best Games of all time.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2009

Only if they're mature, but its really fun!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamala April 9, 2008

Great game, some parental issues

First off, I'll say that age probably depends on the way your kid was raised. If you've let them see this kind of stuff before, they'll love the game. If you haven't . . . then they'll still like it. I'm fourteen. My parents would never buy me this game. But I've played it and I like it. Sorry, parents, but if you don't let your kids play this, they're gonna find ways to play it anyway. And some kids are different from others. I like action, so naturally I liked the game, but I was a little scared for a bit for the first time, since I hadn't played RE before. If you want a general age range, I'd say mid teen.

Good game

A good except expect for the fact that you can only shoot while standing still.
Kid, 8 years old August 17, 2011

not for kids

i'm 8 and i love this game my friends like it too it gives me nightmares though:( me and my dad can't get past a part with two chane saw ladysit is not for little kids im one i watch the movies i watch the walking dead and all zombie stuff scarey zombie stuff cool freaky not for kids i wantch the video game chanel and learned about more resedent evil games in the middle of the night ill scream bad reactons i never need too close my eyes though
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

great for 13+ or mature

great game series but you shoot zombies heads off. but it's okay for 13+. great game but buy it at 13+! beware there are many disturbing scenes and strong violence in this game,even though i have the game cube one and the playstation 2. When I bought the GC one the gamestop guy said this is a good game if you like gore.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2011

Resident Evil 4 Tips!

Well, I'm 9 and I'm allowed to play it. But you might need to think of how your kid reacts to stuff. Like this. Green - Doesn't get messages, no nightmares, doesn't react badly, doesn't cry. (they may need to cover eyes at scary scenes, and sometimes they may need to get somebody to play part of the game for them, because some of this game is really scary.) Yellow - Doesn't get messages, tiny nightmares, reacts OK with the blood and scariness, tears. Red - OFF. Don't let these children watch or play this game if they: have bad nightmares, get messages from games and TV, reacts badly and screams, cries badly. There are to tips for Resident Evil 4. The best RE4 games is for the Wii Console, always try that first. P.S. Here is a list of the enemies that are in the game and may be frightening for children. Villagers = Bit Scary (main enemy) - Men or Women with Axes, Pitchforks, Dynamite, Hatchets, Sickles, and Knives. Del Lago = Bit Scary (Boss) - Big Whale-Like Creature. El Gigante - Scary (Boss) - Big Giant. Zealots = Scary (main enemy) - Different men that wear robes, goat masks, and bullet proof helmets, while carrying scythes, flails, crossbows, and wooden shields while others carry dynamite and rocket launchers. They ALL growl and Mumble words in a deep voice such as "Die,Die,Die" and "To die is to live" all in Spanish. Others wear tattoos on their faces, and have red veins shown. Soldiers = Scary (main enemy) - Men that carry stun rods, flails, wooden shields, RPGs, dynamite, crossbows,big hammers and bullet-proof helmets. Bitores Mendez - Transformed Villagers that have a crab like head and try to shred open Leon. Dr. Salvador = Scary - Men that carry chainsaws Bella Sisters - Very Scary Group of 2 Women that carry chainsaws Novistador - Very Scary - Big Creatures that use their claws to scratch and can turn invisible. Colmillos - Scary / Very Scary - Dogs that use their teeth and claws to rip open your throat when you get near. Some dogs you meet may not have tentacles, acting like a mad guard dog. Others have the tentacles coming from the back and mouth of the dog and make them Very Scary. Armadura - Very Scary - Knights that make loud noises and have big broadswords and usually appear in dark places. Garrador - VERY Scary - Tall blind men that rely on sense and hearing with knife fingers and have deadly attacks such as swinging it's claws, charges and impales target, and swings and connect Leon with its claws and slice his head off. Ouch. Regenerator - Too Scary - are human-like infected creatures that carry many parasites and can stretch their arms and kill Leon when caught. They also breath weirdly, and do five noted breaths. When heard, and they get closer, it gets louder. Iron Maiden - Too Scary - Just like the Regenerator, it's even scarier, faster, and has way more parasites. Bigger claws, and scary actions, makes this a very scary enemy in this game. U3 - Too Scary - Pink creatures that can use thier claws to slice open the player and kill in one slice, sometimes. Verdugo - Too Scary - Tall Creatures that have robes and have sharp blades to rip open Leon, like many of the other creatures. Jack Krauser + Transformed - Too Scary (Boss) - Jack boss, and him transformed with a red glowing arm that can choke and tear through Leon. Salvador (Tranformed) - Scary (Final Boss) - Salvador transfromed into a Crab shaped creature with Salvador hanging and the crab being his head, this is a great Final Boss. So, it is TOO scary for you? You should really try it out. And again, try the Wii Version first. I really hop this was helpful, because this took me a while to do!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmarty2016 March 12, 2011

The only really scary part is when the chainsaw guy comes out. There is a lot of blood, but it is rated M on the case.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9skull May 24, 2010

its awesome just make sure there mature enough to handle it and not get scared like some kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieman251191 March 10, 2009

Nothing Short of Megalomaniacal Brilliance

First of all, let me put it out there that this game is great and fun, with somewhat easy yet satisfying controls. But my review here also comes to its over the top violence. You can get run over, eaten, stabbed, shot, impaled, and you can do the same to your enemies. Oh, and your face gets eaten off. This aside, it is very over the top, and the heat of the action probably will take the player's eyes off the blood. It is at first very satisfying, but grows to be just a background object. There is some sexual stuff, but frankly, it is nothing but some innuendo with some close ups, as well as Ashley's special costume. Also, language such as s--t and d--n is there. In the end, the content is dependant on the maturity of the player. A must play for mature kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymr socko April 9, 2008

This game is amazing!!!!

This game is amazing definately the best game I have ever played. I was just playing it before i came to the computer but anyway the graphics in this game are amazing. I think that the game isnt that violent i mean cmon its just a video game. Anybody who like video games and is looking for a great tthrill should without a doubt play this. The language isnt terrible (i dont speak spanish though). I definetly stand with the five stars i gave this and reccomend it for anyone. Oya and watch out for younger kids playing this because i could freak them out at some parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjakesnake323 April 9, 2008

Great game, but violent

Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games and deserves the good reviews it gets. With fresh graphics, original and entertaining gameplay, tons of weapons and buyable upgrades and items, and completely revised style to the Resident Evil series, I'd say it is something you should own, play, beat, and keep as a collector's item. I think if you're thirteen or older you should be able to handle the violence in this game.