All member reviews for Resistance 2

Sequel delivers a mature sci-fi shooter.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written byLinda Freeman April 16, 2009

I was supprised I liked it.

Well... I was iffy at fisrt but after I read the common sense review about how it was ok for kids 12 and older I let my kid get it. He LOVED it! It wasn't very bad at all. Sure you shot at things but hey, it could have been call of duty where you shoot at humans. They cursed sometimes but it wasn't bad. My kid and his friends loved it. Thanks for taking time to read my review, Remember this game is ok for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylarry6870 June 13, 2009

2 is better than 1

this game is better than the original. the graphics are better, the weapons are better, especially the auger haha. the blowing up that common sense says is mostly only with the titans chimera. this site tends to take one bad thing about the game and blow it out of proportion. there is some strong language in the game that parents should be wary with but the main thing is violence. the weapons in this game are even better and show more blood. I suggest that parents shouldn't buy this game for their children unless they are 14
Adult Written byKellen mildra August 11, 2009

I think it is a good game for tweens.

Its a good game. My husband got my 12 year old boy it for christmas, I was mad but I found out I should treat my kids a little older. I let them play it and I found out that it wasn't bad because the aliens or whatever they are is yellow. There is also little swearing. Please take time to read this review.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Informer August 1, 2010

A surprisingly more violent game than the first.

The violence is around the same as the last game, but the gore is much worse. Crawlers burst into tiny gory chunks when killed, and when Titans explode, their limbs and various body parts fly out; you can even see things like their rib cage and internal organs. Also, grenades can cause enemies to explode, and leave various organs (even their brains sometimes), everywhere. Add other things like graphic dismemberment and other various things in cutscenes, and you have a game inappropriate for kids. It's a fun sequel, but make sure you're mature enough for it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGamesrcool March 21, 2009

I LOVED this game!

This first person shooter is a great game!!!!! My kids love it! I hasn't so hot on getting this game at first but my kids convinsed me to get it and now I see that it's not that bad. This game is for kids 12+. PLEASE take time to read my review. THANKS!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2009

7/10 I rate it.

Im 12 and it was alright, I beat it in a few days, onlines not really that great. You can kill people and gore splatters on the wall and slides down(odd). Anyway i give it a 7/10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCowtails December 29, 2010

One word: Horrible

Rented it, hated it. Way to violent, there's an option to turn off the blood after you complete the game. So after you go through and you've scattered alien bacon bits all over the world then you can turn it off. I was dissapointed in the gameplay, all you did was run through objectives and killed aliens. I got sick to my stomach because of how graphic it was. Don't get it, it will be the worst waste of your money forever.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 23, 2010

Resistance 2 is a very gory and scary game.

Resistance is a very gory and over the top game. Stupid amounts of gore can spoil the experience. You blow creatures into bits and there is blood all over the shop. It becomes very graphic at times. Which gets quite irritating. Also its very scary, The creatures are just deformed horrible looking things. The language isn't too bad. I hear a couple of swears but there isn't anything to worry about.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

perfict for tweens

its fun and easy there is a good bit of vilence and is sometimes scary
Adult Written bycallofduty5 December 13, 2009

Pretty bloody game too it basically includes strong bloody violence and lots of swearing making it inappropriate for teens be sure that YOU ARE 16+ to play it!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMafiapoptart April 6, 2011

12 could be fine

This game was good. However, there is a good amount of blood and gore in the gameplay. The language is not terrible, there are only 2 uses of the f word. So if your kid or kids are mature enough and don't get nightmares or anything like that then 12 years old should be fine.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton December 6, 2008

Fun game with lots and lots of action.

Resistance 2 was a very fun game. The story was rather weak, but that's ok, because this game is all about the action. Parents should keep in mind that this game is rated M for a reason, but it's not as graphic or mature as other M rated games. The language really wasn't that bad, I've actually heard worse language in a T game. The F word was said only twice in the campaign, (keep in mind that if you child plays online there may be people with headsets using bad language) and the rest of the language was rather mild (sh*t and Da*n). The game is very violent, but still not as bad as others. The blood and gore is definitely there, but it is usually only gross-out gory when you defeat a titan. (When you do, it will explode into large pools of blood, and different body parts will fly everywhere, so there will be a titan head on the ground with the bone and brain completely visible.) But normal enemies don't die so graphically. Headshots can be sort of graphic too... blood will fly out. There is also a gun called a splicer (not seen very often) that will shoot sawblades at enemies. These saw blades will cut off limbs, similar to Dead Space. If your saw blade hits an arm, then the arm is going to fly off. But there is only one or two times in the game when the splicer is neccesary to use, and only around two more than that in which it is available. If your kid is mature enough to handle the violence, then this is one of the less explicit M rated games out there. It's a definite 15 and up. It's a lot of fun to play, and it shouldn't be passed up if you're an fps fan.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 February 8, 2010

M for a reason.

This game is very violent. Blowing creatures into chunks is not good for kids. But mature people like me can handle this. Shooting people is normal in shooters though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysitir11 December 22, 2009

perfect game

i'm only 12 but this game rocks anyone who has a ps3 should get it
Teen, 15 years old Written byinfamous45 June 21, 2010

AWSOME

The Game Just Rocks Who cares about the blood and do you think your little 8 year old doesnt hear the F word being shouted at school. If you do your completely oblivious. So go ahead shelter your kids but as soon as they go to school that goes right out the window
Teen, 15 years old Written bylayzerboy4 February 13, 2010

too much gore! but still a great game!

i love this game! but there is simply too much gore! it really took out all the fun for me. every thing you shoot massive amounts of and gibs fly every where landing on walls and creating y strips and splotches. the language is virtually nonexistent, its not very often and mainly only "hell" is used. all in all a great game! online is awesome! co-op is awesome! i would say its ok for 14+ though it will shock you exactly how much and gore is actually in it. i recommend resistance fall of man for a less gory experience.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhiih August 23, 2010

grat game

very fun not a gory but very few enemys explode can be intense during some part but is very sutable for someone about 14 year old has exelent gameplay
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2010

well i havent played it but it looks freaking awesome i think that 10 and up bcuz 10 year olds have at herd 1000 swear word so they should be able to handle it violance might give some nightmares from the limbs getting blown off and such... so anyways i say iffy for 10 bcuz of violance.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBubbajean January 15, 2009

This game is amazing!

Best exclusive game for the PS3. Quiet possibly the best game I have ever played. I'm not sure whether this has updated my age so I'll say it to be safe. I turned 14 August 28 so there ya go. I'M 14 COMMON SENSE AND MY BIRTHDAY IS ON AUGUST 28TH! Great game. It's rated M for intense violence, blood and gore, and strong language. All of that is bountiful in this addition to the PS3 family. The most violent/gore inducing weapons you can acquire are the Splicer and Rocket Launcher. The first is a weapon that can either shoot saw blades that will stick into the victim and after a series of blades, will kill your enemy. As with every other weapon in the game, it has a secondary fire which charges the blade (Spining it around in the chamber that it's being held in as the inside of the blade turns a warm yellow and orange). This can be used in two different fashions. It can be charged and launched or it can be used as a melee weapon that, as charging, rips your enemy apart causing them, in the end, to pretty much blow up. If you decide to charge and release it, it will be launched and then, still spinning, be launched into anything unfortunate enough to be in its way which will, after launched, continue to dig into the enemy, and eventually tear them apart, resulting in bloody and graphic results. The rocket launcher, (which has another name in the game that I can't think of right now) launches, you guessed it, rockets. On impact with the target, it will blow up. It will take about 3 rockets to obliterate and enemy, blowing their organs all over the place with them sliding off walls with sound effects. The secondary fire is essentially a bigger and more powerful rocket. As far as language goes, you'll hear sh*t very often and f*ck makes its appearances. But, as with every game, the worst language is online which is the highlight of this game.