A great sequel, but you might want the game only.

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

Cool game, but my mom doesn't like some of the songs.

Love it. This can teach you how to play drums. This game can be a bit challenging. The drums register and there's more songs than Lego Rock Band (if you notice, I wrote a review for that). It's the best non-handheld game I ever had, but I gave it 4 starts instead of 5 because my mom doesn't like metal, and I'm getting tired of getting up to turn down the volume every time there's a metal song in the Mystery Setlists in the world tour. There's an endless set which really is endless, 6 and a half hours, 84 songs. Make sure your kid doesn't start this without asking because they will get very frustrated if they are told they have to turn it off.
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2009
good. but not the best
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

BEST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE!!!!!

this game is a must own on the wii. it has fun songs to play, you even can download some from a selection they give you!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 May 18, 2012

what

rock and roll damages brains this game is to inapropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 28, 2012

Fun Game

Fun Game.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2010

best rock band game ever!!!!!!

best game ever but does has some language so watch for little kids 11 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written byGO CUBS GO August 7, 2009

way better than guitar hero

this game isnt bad at all for kids except maybe the impossible songs which r all metal. u can download like 600 songs total plus 80 some songs on the disc. i might never stop playing this game seroiusly. its a great multiplayer game to do whenever and ya way way better than guitar hero
Kid, 9 years old February 22, 2009

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fun, cool and cooler then cool. You get to make your own charecters. It's so much fun!!!!
Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2009

it is not a bad game

rock bad is not a bad except for one song where they use a swear.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 November 14, 2008

I'm a drummer

and the fake drums are pretty cool. Granted, the green pad broke within five minutes of playing, but it turned out to be a short circuit, and I haven't had any problems with the machinery since. Really fun and cool.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 June 18, 2013

wtf?

rock and roll damages brains, this is too inaproppiate
Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 18, 2011

Be prepared to shell out a lot of dough for this game

I think this is actually probably the best Rock Band and music game in general (take that, Guitar Hero!) Like most music games, how much you like the game really depends on how much you like the soundtrack. With songs from Paramore, The Donnas, Jimmy Eat World and more, how could you go wrong? I wish they gamemakers didn't feel like they had to make the female costumes so skimpy, but so it goes. The language is no more harsh than what you would hear on primetime TV, with more serious words bleeped out. Just be aware that when kids hear the songs, they'll probably want to buy them for themselves and/or buy more songs online for the game, where they can find more explicit language online than what is put in the game. Also, the game costs a lot. Since I didn't have the original before I got this one, I paid about 200 bucks to get this one, which included the game itself, microphone, drums, and one guitar (if you want another one, that's another ninety bucks) and takes up a lot of space, even if you get the racks for guitars, (my parents are contstantly telling me to get my "instruments" out of the way) which costs even more money (I've probably blown about 400 dollars or more on all the stuff that's needed for the complete Rock Band experience). If you like music, but just aren't skilled enough to play a real instrument, this is the game for you.
Parent of a 2 and 11 year old Written byZephyrzInferno March 19, 2011

We love this game.

This is the best family game we've ever owned. With only a small amount of parental screening, the whole family can relax and enjoy this game. In addition, kids can learn the basics of playing an instrument and become familiar with more than just local pop music.
Adult Written byMi3 February 8, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueTurtlezz909 December 14, 2010

Great rythem game for all ages.

Rock band 2 and 3 are both great games. The only concern i have in 2 is the start up screen. my mother found it to be quite violent. I felt the same and I felt like it almost didnt belong in the game. So as long as you skip that and a couple of the bikini's and halter tops in the rock shop and with the exception of some mild lyrics this game is for all ages.
Adult Written byGryphisOne October 28, 2010

A great game for all music lovers.

This is by far one of the best games I've ever played. In the game, you get to pick from four rolls in a band (lead guitar, bass, drums or singer) and jam to tons of your favorite songs. While many will say that Rock Band ripped off the Guitar Hero franchise, I say that Rock Band took the concepts of GH and made them better. The only issue I have with this game is all the plastic crap that comes with it. All the stuff (guitars, drum kits, mike stands ect) take a ton of space and will suck every battery in your house dry. A major plus is it's a great game for playing with friends. I've played with my grandparents, my friends and even some small children I used to babysit. Don't have any friends or family cause you're too uptight with your kids? No prob, just take the party on Xbox Live. There, you can quickplay songs and go on tours with other Rock Band players around the globe and even audition to be part of an Xbox Live or PSN band. And if you really have an issue with lyrics, you may as well ban your child from hearing. Most swear words are muted, save for a few in some select songs, but it's nothing major. Recap: From the Stones to Metallica, Rise Against to Pat Benatar, The Who to Disturbed, if you like music, this game is for you. While there is some skill involved, it's a game that most will be able to pick up in the first half hour of play. Word of warning, don't get the Wii version. The graphics card and processor can't handle the scrolling note chart, resulting in massive lag when you play on Hard or Expert.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bypfhjvb0 September 13, 2010

Good for 16 and up

I actually really like this game in many ways, as it is a game that multiple kids can play at once. Also, at least the drumming is educational (it's a bit like real drumming). However, some of the song choices are quite dubious (Alanis Morrisette "You Outta Know" (sexual references), and various songs with suicide and destructive references. I don't have issues with these topics in small quantities, but don't really think it's entirely appropriate until 16+. Would be perfect if there were filtering capabilities, where songs with certain themes could be excluded by a parent.
Adult Written byeatmorebread July 13, 2010
If Rock Band 2 doesn't make your kids love music, I don't know if anything can. The game's Special Edition comes with not only the game disc, but with all the different instrument controllers for the game (though you'll need to buy one more guitar controller to have a full band). Kids can play drums, lead guitar, bass, or sing along to the songs and the better they do, the higher their score goes. The game is compatible with all Rock Band 1 instruments and most Guitar Hero instruments. Just make sure you get the version for your console (PS3 instruments for PS3, Xbox instruments for Xbox). Players can download new songs on the Playstation Network or Xbox Live. Prices are typically $1.99/song or $5.49/3-song-pack. There are some packs that are larger and cost more. There are some larger packs you can buy on disc and import into your console to play. If you have Rock Band 1, you can pay $5 to import all but 3 of the songs onto your console for play in any Rock Band game. One fault the game has is promoting inappropriate sexuality of women. A player may customize their character, and it is possible to outfit female characters with some more revealing clothing, which I would probably consider inappropriate (iffy at best) for those under 15, maybe under 14). All songs (both on-disc and downloadable) have their swear words deleted (not "bleeped"), so unless you already have heard the song and know the swear, your kids may not notice the song is even censored. That being said, there are some songs with drug and sex references. If your kids are younger and want to play Rock Band, they should try Lego Rock Band, which is nearly the same game, but much more kid-centric game. Only specially-marked "family-friendly" downloadable songs may be played on Lego Rock Band. The game is very addictive and incredibly popular. This is the same developer who invented Guitar Hero 1 and 2 before handing over the reins and creating Rock Band 1 and later, Rock Band 2. If your kids love this game, check out Rock Band 3, due to come out in holiday 2010, which will feature a "Pro" mode which will let your kids actually learn (mostly) how to play the guitar, drums, or keyboard (yes, the keyboard/piano will be added as a playable instrument). New instrument controllers for the game will be released, including those that are Pro-mode compatible, meaning they are real instruments that can be played without the game.
Adult Written byAnnoyedteenguy May 22, 2010

Great music simmulator.

I love this game. Im going to get the drum set pretty soon, while I use a GHWT guitar to play gutar and bass. It is educational, but some songs might be offensive. I like it for the downloadable content.
Adult Written byMr. Kitsune May 9, 2010
Great game for all ages.