All member reviews for Rock Band 2

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2011

Cool game, but my mom doesn't like some of the songs.

Love it. This can teach you how to play drums. This game can be a bit challenging. The drums register and there's more songs than Lego Rock Band (if you notice, I wrote a review for that). It's the best non-handheld game I ever had, but I gave it 4 starts instead of 5 because my mom doesn't like metal, and I'm getting tired of getting up to turn down the volume every time there's a metal song in the Mystery Setlists in the world tour. There's an endless set which really is endless, 6 and a half hours, 84 songs. Make sure your kid doesn't start this without asking because they will get very frustrated if they are told they have to turn it off.
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2009

good. but not the best
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

BEST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE!!!!!

this game is a must own on the wii. it has fun songs to play, you even can download some from a selection they give you!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 May 18, 2012

what

rock and roll damages brains this game is to inapropriate
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 28, 2012

Fun Game

Fun Game.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2010

best rock band game ever!!!!!!

best game ever but does has some language so watch for little kids 11 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvan182 February 20, 2010

Rock Band 2

This is probably my favorite game ever made. As long as your kids can hear mild swearing than it should be okay. If you want a more kid friendly music game play Lego Rock Band instead. The songs aren't as good. But both games are very fun.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGO CUBS GO August 7, 2009

way better than guitar hero

this game isnt bad at all for kids except maybe the impossible songs which r all metal. u can download like 600 songs total plus 80 some songs on the disc. i might never stop playing this game seroiusly. its a great multiplayer game to do whenever and ya way way better than guitar hero
Teen, 13 years old Written byDCFC133 November 14, 2008

I'm a drummer

and the fake drums are pretty cool. Granted, the green pad broke within five minutes of playing, but it turned out to be a short circuit, and I haven't had any problems with the machinery since. Really fun and cool.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 June 18, 2013

wtf?

rock and roll damages brains, this is too inaproppiate
Teen, 15 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx September 18, 2011

Be prepared to shell out a lot of dough for this game

I think this is actually probably the best Rock Band and music game in general (take that, Guitar Hero!) Like most music games, how much you like the game really depends on how much you like the soundtrack. With songs from Paramore, The Donnas, Jimmy Eat World and more, how could you go wrong? I wish they gamemakers didn't feel like they had to make the female costumes so skimpy, but so it goes. The language is no more harsh than what you would hear on primetime TV, with more serious words bleeped out. Just be aware that when kids hear the songs, they'll probably want to buy them for themselves and/or buy more songs online for the game, where they can find more explicit language online than what is put in the game. Also, the game costs a lot. Since I didn't have the original before I got this one, I paid about 200 bucks to get this one, which included the game itself, microphone, drums, and one guitar (if you want another one, that's another ninety bucks) and takes up a lot of space, even if you get the racks for guitars, (my parents are contstantly telling me to get my "instruments" out of the way) which costs even more money (I've probably blown about 400 dollars or more on all the stuff that's needed for the complete Rock Band experience). If you like music, but just aren't skilled enough to play a real instrument, this is the game for you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueTurtlezz909 December 14, 2010

Great rythem game for all ages.

Rock band 2 and 3 are both great games. The only concern i have in 2 is the start up screen. my mother found it to be quite violent. I felt the same and I felt like it almost didnt belong in the game. So as long as you skip that and a couple of the bikini's and halter tops in the rock shop and with the exception of some mild lyrics this game is for all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTNAfan121 December 26, 2009

This is why the E10 Rating should be used more

Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2009

it depends on the parent.

Some parents don't think it's ok for their kids to play it. Others, however, do. I personaly think that you should listen to a song before you let your kid play it.
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Kid June 20, 2009

This site is a joke

5+ All the profanity is replaced with similar sounding words anyways.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKage491 March 15, 2009

Rock Band is semi - clean

And if its only one song, who gives a crap if its even explicit? They take out the "real bad" cuss words anyway. Now, rockband 2 gives you the feel of a real guitar, of real singing, and almost the feel of the drums. I know some kids who are 5 yrs old and play it. They love it.
Kid, 9 years old February 22, 2009

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fun, cool and cooler then cool. You get to make your own charecters. It's so much fun!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byExtremeNJB January 21, 2009

Great Music Game

Kid, 8 years old January 2, 2009

it is not a bad game

rock bad is not a bad except for one song where they use a swear.