All parent member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Adult Written bySnakeSnakeSnake October 16, 2015

Umm... guys...

I don't know if the other reviewers haven't unlocked it yet or something but this is the game where you can beat a hooker to death with a giant dildo while wearing nothing but a lead thong and crocs (No I'm not making that up.) It's hilarious and fun to play with dorm buddies, but I certainly wouldn't bring it home.
Adult Written bysolmlame9 June 5, 2015

SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!

I'm ok with my kid playing a game that has aliens in it. I'm not a very big fan of violent games I saw the blood rating BUT... its animated blood looks like playdough. Very cartoony looking game! good for 11 and up.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byToyChiecaLoverFnaf June 2, 2015

Kids should play

I love this game so does my kid we have fun togathor playing it
Parent Written bysmartasain4427 May 17, 2014

Saints Row The Third

This is literally one of the best games ive ever played. If your a parent, like me, and you really want your kid playing grand theft auto or stuff like that, let them play this. Similar to grand theft auto, you can drive on the streets and run people over and stuff, but other than that its all just goofy and stupid fun. The blood isnt to bad, but if your kid has played something like assassins creed or skyrim, this is fine. The sexual stuff is pretty bad, but a good thing about this is that is all can be easily avoided, and even if your kid does do a "sexual" thing, its not any worse that a pg-13 movie. The only area that would possibly concern a parent here would be the language. There is a bit of language in this game. its mostly words like a**, pu**y, sh*t, and d*ck with minimal use of the f word. Going back to the sexual stuff, it is a little worse than a pg-13 movie, but other than that this game it completely weird and goofy. The one thing that I forgot would be the violence. The violence inst bad at all. its like any other third person shooter, with some goofy melee attacks. By goofy I mean like a ball kick or a face slap. 10/10 stars.
Parent Written byamerican dad January 21, 2012

As long as your kids are mature

At first i was skeptical of this game so we rented it. After a week the only problems i discovered were some language and mild sexual references. As long as you talk to your kids and they understand that language is not acceptable(there is also an option to turn off dialogue) and learn to ignore sexual references I think its ok for anybody that can handle this in a mature way. Plus its alot of fun over the top action.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJordan F. November 2, 2016

not good for smaller children

Anyone who says this is fine for a ten year old is warped, ever hear the saying.monkey see monkey do, unless your household has no boundries and you openly curse and swear infront of your children or let them watch whatever they want i understand your reasoning, if your tryong to teach a young child.good morals and values something that bets swept under the rug wayy to much these days then do not let your kids play these kinds of games its just going to have them picking up bad habits, and looking into more adult things, im a step dad to a ten year old and his parents know nothing about games or the dangers of the internet so i am kindnof the go to guy, the kid was never monitered on a computer before i came alone, turns out these games opened up a whole new world to him, his google searches the simulators he downloaded all meant for adults, things a ten year old should not be thinking aboutnor seeing for years so remember your actions and choices carry consequences that might take awhile to surface, he is now restricted to what games he can buy and play, thats why these games have ratings, respect them.
Adult Written bybenderaps1982 May 20, 2016

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that EVERY somewhat decent shooter, shootem up violent game, no matter what the age group its for ....Why do they feel the need to put NUDITY, and the sounds of intercourse...........WHAAATTTTT!!!!! thats what the video games review said on it.......sexual nudity and ....the sounds of moans and groans from sexual intercourse.......PLEASE LISTEN ALL YOU 18,19, 20 somethings......and even 30, and 40 somethings that have nothing better to do than get your rocks off on horrible graphics of 3D game nudity........PLEASE TELL ALL THE GAME COMPANIES THAT YOU ARE ALL GROWN UP NOW AND YOU REALLY CAN DO WITH ...OUT!!!! ALL THE PATHETIC SEX SCENES AND MOANING SOUND'S ....OR WHAT......EVVVER ELSE GROWN MEN ARE TOO OLD FOR......PLEASE GAME MAKERS.....PLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE .......EXPECT MORE FROM YOUR SELVES.......REQUIRE GREATER FROM YOURSELF........MAKE YOUR NUDITY FREE SEX FREE GAMES SO INCREDIBLY GOOD THAT NO ONE WILL EVER MISS OR THINK WELL OF ANY OTHER GAME THAT ALLOWS PATHETIC NUDITY IN THERE GAMES.........CHILDREN PLAY THOSE GAMES FOR GOD SAKE AND AWEFUL PARENTS LET THEM.....REMEMBER THAT YOU ......will be held accountable for everything you say......and everything you do,......and especially ......EVERYTHING that you CREATE!!!! Trust me on this...........if I didn't care about you guys .....I promise ....I wouldn't even bother to comment on the matter.
Adult Written byGTAmania November 19, 2015

12 and older

the game has violence like cod and gta but in my opinion as long as you know it's fake it's fine the language is ok not bad and their is nudity but it's pixeled out and there are sexual jokes but other wise I think 12 years old is when you can play it
Parent Written byckmnscjn June 5, 2015

Good game

very fun. aliens slaughter animated blood not realistic. Playable for 11 and up. don't worry about this game.
Adult Written byasdfdf June 5, 2015

My son had fun!

I'm a christian parent, Flat out this is the reason this is M. Playdough blood, alien killing, super powers blood when you hit the ground. I swear this game has the same amount of violence as the avengers! 11 and up!!!!
Adult Written byjnjnjnjnjnd June 5, 2015

Weird, weird.....

I'v always not liked violence.... But then aliens come and try to destry the human race OMG!!!!! Saints row = unrealistic. Guns = Music gun, ice cream gun, baseball gun, bubble gun. That's not the weird part super powers are. Have FUN jumping out of a jet at 4000ft and not dying. LOL I enjoyed watching my son play this. 11 and up!!!!
Adult Written bymrSan263 June 5, 2015

OK game (fake)

if you want a realistic violent game you won't find it in saints row it has a ton of super powers and alien fights, if you like the halo and alien theme then buy this game has blood when you kill aliens. not too violent at all. Free roam is okay. This is an M game. it has partial nudity because your character (male) has under wear on. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! age appropriate for 11 and up. good luck having a ton of fun. Minor note (fake).
Adult Written byharoograndma212 June 5, 2015

Saints row the THIRD

PLOT : Alien portal opens city needs saving THE SAINTS ARE BACK!!!!. VIOLENCE: 5/10 shooting aliens (animated blood). REALISM: FAKE jumping out of a 10 story building no death. ABILITIES: SUPER POWERS (fake). very fun appropriate for 11 and up!
Parent Written bynoahg1 January 14, 2015

Pretty good game!

Now I am going to be completely honest this game does have some content that is a little bit, "iffy". Your character can be completely nude (though it is blocked out), there is a weapon that is male genitalia on a bat, it has detail and physics. There are missions where you must go into a "club" and you meet a character who is also a pimp. Once you meet him you must do a bunch of missions involving prostitutes and other things along those lines. Honestly even with that, I would give it to a child who is 12, 13 or older. They don't say anything to sexual, though there a lot of curse words, but nothing diffrent from your run of the mill Call of Duty. The sexual themes aren't too bad, while yes there are all those things I just mentioned, the weapon, if your child is mature shouldn't be a big problem. They don't have to use it. The mission inside the club is not to graphic. And the partial nudity... is just women in tight clothing. So nothing really too bad. If you are not to happy with the sexual-ness, I would get this game probably for 15 and older.
Parent Written byJohn Simmons May 11, 2014

not as good as the first or second but still a phenomenal game

As soon as this game came out I was really egar to get my hands on a copie, the first thing I though throughout the gameplay was really just why is this not a 15! Its a real shame that such a good game has been restricted to only a specific age group, obviously they had there reasons but it makes perfect sense to make it a 15 or at least inform gamers about its rather over the top age reviewing system!
Parent Written byRater for games November 25, 2013

55% bad language 75% violence 40% sexual nature

A very good and fun game, brilliant for people who love free roaming games. It can be violent but I depends how mature your child is. They is nott a lot of swearing its the odd few when your customizing your character.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bymadaje July 14, 2013

Fun, but in now way should any child play

My kids love this game. I let them play a lot of games that other parents probably wouldn't let their children play. The problem that I have is that with a download you can play nude, you have the ability to shoot and kill cops and you can runover with your car innocent bystanders. My 8 year old especially loves the part where you can buy different outfits, but the negatives overweigh any positives in my mind.
Parent Written byMr. 12345678910 February 14, 2012

Saints Row: The Third

its fine for anyone mature enough to not go chasing hos down the street. i don't find this to be to offensive if you can take it. there is quite a bit of swearing and violence but it handled very comically. there is no nudity that is not blanked out.