All parent member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Parent Written byworriedmom1232 December 28, 2012

LEARNING

NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT

I bought this game for my 12 year old and was worried. I watched him play and the partial nudity and sexual content is mainly the cleavage seen in the game. As for the violence and language it is in a cartoon style so is not much to be worried about, if you have a child 12 and up it is ok because it is nothing like grand theft auto and other crass games like that.
Parent Written bydads advise 101 March 3, 2012

Saints Row The Third a great game

this game has many great and bad qualites.I use to be a gamer until i got married.Then it changed into finding good games for my two kids. this game has alot of violence in it but that isnt really a big deal for me or my kids.there is some nudity in it but your kid choses to do that or not.If your kids are like mine then they just want the good adventure game to play on.I think this game is a good game.
Adult Written bylionman718 January 5, 2012

trolll

I started playing M rated games a long time ago, but some of them were bad for kids but this ones a life that kids can see what happens when they get into gangs and what will happen to them make them think that if they where in this game they where the ppl they were shooting the only real bad thing is the language in some cut seens
Parent Written byamerican dad January 21, 2012

As long as your kids are mature

At first i was skeptical of this game so we rented it. After a week the only problems i discovered were some language and mild sexual references. As long as you talk to your kids and they understand that language is not acceptable(there is also an option to turn off dialogue) and learn to ignore sexual references I think its ok for anybody that can handle this in a mature way. Plus its alot of fun over the top action.
Educator and Parent of a 11 year old Written byGraham R October 11, 2014

Don't worry fellow parents, this game is great for ages 10+

I would hardly rate this game a 12+. I don't normally let my kids have 12+ games until they become 12, but when my son was at his friend's house he was playing it. He really wanted the game, so I played it the whole way through. I was surprised at the lack of any inappropriate content throughout the game; the only problem I saw with it was the mild cartoon violence, which you would expect from any PG rated film. It also helps with learning the value of money, as one must work hard for everything and my son learned to do chores around the house for money soon after I purchased the game.
Educator Written byGammonMan May 22, 2014

Think for minute.

This game has a great battle system, the controls are intuitive, and, the graphics are beautiful, but the characters are unlikable criminals. We really have to ask ourselves, is it ever appropriate to pretend to kill a prostitute? Is it ever appropriate to simulate the killing of local law enforcement?
Parent Written byRater for games November 25, 2013

55% bad language 75% violence 40% sexual nature

A very good and fun game, brilliant for people who love free roaming games. It can be violent but I depends how mature your child is. They is nott a lot of swearing its the odd few when your customizing your character.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written bymadaje July 14, 2013

Fun, but in now way should any child play

My kids love this game. I let them play a lot of games that other parents probably wouldn't let their children play. The problem that I have is that with a download you can play nude, you have the ability to shoot and kill cops and you can runover with your car innocent bystanders. My 8 year old especially loves the part where you can buy different outfits, but the negatives overweigh any positives in my mind.
Parent Written byMr. 12345678910 February 14, 2012

Saints Row: The Third

its fine for anyone mature enough to not go chasing hos down the street. i don't find this to be to offensive if you can take it. there is quite a bit of swearing and violence but it handled very comically. there is no nudity that is not blanked out.