All member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruthAboutGames December 27, 2011

Saints Row: The Third, Remember It's Not Reality

I have recently purchased Saints Row: The Third after reading the rewiews on this website and I have deicied that I like this game. Even though I am not a violent person and I do not approve of "Gang-Banging" I this this game is a great way to releave stress and just have fun alone or with friends. Many parents precive this game as Grand Theft Auto but it is not. I feel this game is realitivly mild and if your child isin't a evil mad man that will do anything that he/she see's on T.V or on a Video Game this game should be fine. At times this game does get violent and a little bloddy you must realize this is only a game and not reality. Also at times the language does get out of hand, but if you tune it out it won't bother you. Also the sexual content said to be in this game is not really there, just some cleaveage from the women in the game. Shooting people, stealing cars, and taking over Steelport are the three main things this game has to offer. This game is fun, easy to play, and a good outlet for anger. Give it a try, you just might like it. I hope my review helped out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahbuddydotcom November 16, 2011

This game is the best ive ever played.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShafr0 December 10, 2011

Kids know what they are doing

Saints Row the Third was ment to be violet if you know you child you think he/she can handle it why not let him play it. If they start taking as a reality the take the game away for a week or something. The game is fine so what if it was partial nudity, drugs and alcohol and violence. Kid are exposed to these things everyday. What i am trying to say is that if you child tell you that he/she want they have probably looked it up on the internet and judged weather or not they like it. Its a great game people like and its almost like a therapist if you have had a bad day.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2012

Common Sense Media brought to you by Jack Thompson.

Okay, parents out there are probably thinking, “Oh my! It’s rated M for mature, so it HAS to be bad.” That’s completely wrong. First of all, you see blood everywhere. When you fall off your bike, you a shot, you get cut, movies, everywhere! The blood is as bad as in a PG-13 movie. The language, I have to admit, it’s bad. F#$%, s#@&, hell, d&%$, a$#, b%$@&, that’s kind of a problem. I’m guessing your kid isn’t going to swear just because some guy in a game does. They’ve heard all of them, right? If they haven’t, then I’m guessing they go to a private school and have no access to a TV. The drugs, well, of course kids won’t do drugs. At least ten times in my life the school has talked about drugs. Just because Mr.Thug does it, doesn’t mean your kid will do it. The nudity is about as bad as when you’re playing The Sims 3, and your Sim gets out of the tub or shower (Or if he has to wash himself with a sponge at the sink.) It’s all blurred out in a cartoony way. Now, if you think because you can steal a car in this game, kill people and cops, will your child do it? No, of course not. It’s a way to release anger. Would you rather have your kid take his/her anger out on a real person, instead of a bunch a pixels? I mean, it’s a screen, everything is pixels! And don’t listen to ESRB, they think everything is bad. Besides the language, if this were a movie, it would be PG-13. Instead of hiding your kid from pixels, let them see it. They aren’t going to go on a rampage (unless they have serious mental issues)
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2013

It could just be a game where your kids can let their anger out!!

This game is very good. Sure, it has partial nudity and sex and strong language and drugs, but nothing children don't hear of on a daily basis. The nudity: children will walk in to a magazine store and would see more nudity in 3 or 4 magazines than 15 hours of playing this game! It may have a lot of violence, but even if you parents still disagree with me then you could still buy it so that your children can set their angers on stupid pixels every now and then and it's also such a fun game that your child would not be angry any more! It is an excellently well made game that is fine for kids 10 years and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCowRug1024 October 27, 2012

Its not a bad game!

Its not that bad. Parents need to stop being over-protective.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySubmarine Bullet June 8, 2012

Saints Row The Third

First off, if you don't want your child to see violence, then stop reading now because the whole game is mainly violence with guns and "bats". And you get a range of different weapons and gadgets throughout the game. There's a lot of language in the game, but are said to be funny. Then there is the sex. You see girls in a bikini most of the time. You also can go naked, but they censor it. And yes, one of your weapons is a gaint purple d**** bat, but then again it's put in there to be funny. So, can you really trust your child playing this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrex4444 June 10, 2012

sants row 3 not bad

it is good for learning map skills but set guide lines and make sure you don't let your kids know it only bad if they start doing it and start thanking it is good to do
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazylol80 May 29, 2012

Give the game a chance

I think saints row is a really fun entertaining game! I'm 12 years old and what i thought was that this games to for kids who are REALLY mature (not physically but mentally) i mean there is going to be moments where they are going to curse (they curse throughout most of the game) and they say sexual phrases, but if ur going to laugh at that then this is not the game for u! This games is meant for 17 and up but if ur a mature 12 year old and up u can play this game. Parents, please be ready to see/hear any obscure things this games can get a little raunchy. But the "sexual content" isn't bad just a little women cleveage and some sayings but that's it also they do curse a lot throughout the game so if ur uncomfortable with bad words just press the mute button. Overall the game is really fun and it is one of my favorites! Let ur kid try it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 25, 2012

Not for ALL kids.

Not as bad as it seems,but it's still violence.This review is for both the PS3 and Xbox versions of the game because I only have this game for my ps3 and Xbox.Some of the content here might not be available in the PC version. Although the game is misunderstood and not as bad as it seems,remember its still violence.It is not for all kids.You can use chainsaws and guns to kill innocent people in the game,although the blood looks like red paint.Still,this game is not something for children under 13 and are EXTREMELY mature.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTroll Derp July 23, 2012

its okay for kids

whoever sayes this is bad for kids and never seen gameplay is stupid. its okay for kids. your kid isnt going to go "oh killing people looks fun" and try it its okay for any age
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 27, 2012

GREAT for Teens

This is The BEST Game i have ever played in my entire life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKank July 2, 2013

Dont bother looking at the age limit!

I don't get this age limits in games... At least half of the kids on the planet that have videogames have at least 1 game they isnt old enough to play... So why do some people just look at the age limit and put it away, Thats insane... just sayin. Believe me its ok for 10 and above... Just check so the kids dont take it too seriosly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDannyboy99 October 14, 2012

Listen Up, Parents

Listen Parents. I'm 13 and I got my copy yesterday. It is a horribly innapropriate game for kids. HOWEVER, all the bad stuff is optional. That's right, optional. Besides that its just blood and gore, violence, and strong language. I have it but I choose not to do the bad stuff. So I would say buy it for them, and watch them play it a bit. If you don't like what you see, save the receipt, and bing it back. Other than that, it's a very fun game. You can customize your character to the max. You can also customize your crib and vehicles to the max. It's a great game and I LOVE it.
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS

there is a lot of curses such as the f-bomb and s--t they drink alcohol smoke and do drugs they visit stripper bars and you can hear sounds of intercourse
Teen, 15 years old Written byMW3Master June 18, 2012

GREAT GAME

The game is pretty good. The language is kinda bad but the language in the game I've heard before in movies and TV shows. The sexual content is not bad just some women in bikini which women wear at pools and beach. The drugs and drinking in the game are not shown.Violence is fake and cartoonish. Blood looks like red paint. its not as graphic as saints row 2, and its nothing GTA its more fun and doesnt have as much blood and sexual content as GTA. Its not real and parents if u think its bad, and it has filter on all the Rated M Games so u can turn off any thing u like language, blood, sexual content, and drugs. so it makes Rated M better for kids to play. J
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire November 24, 2012

AWESOME GAME !!

The Best Saints Row I ever Played!! Off= 2-9 Pause= 10-12 On= 13+
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2012

Perfect for all ages!

Perfect in every single way!Over the course of the 8 hour game your child will learn everything ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDefBun May 26, 2012

ESRB does not know your OWN children

c'mon people if you really want to know how inappropriate a game is read a parent review. and when i say this i mean not the crazy "o my BABY this kills the minds of kids" but one that gives the reasons on both sides and then use your own instinct. I repeat own because only you know your own child. Know my personal belief (I am 13). Ok so saints has a very mild amount of non-humorous sexual theme. And drug refrence, drinking, e.t.c kids already know what all these things and a kid who can realize there are consequences for these activities should be able to play it. To summarize depending on there natural maturity i believe the push would be 11. P.S ESRB have became an unreliable source thats why there are many sites like this.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2012

fun

i havent played but i have watched my brother play and its funny but kinda inappropriate like swinging a gaint d*ldo around but except that its a fine game for 12-13 years of age and above but a mature 12 year old