All member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Violent open-world crime adventure earns its mature rating.

Adult Written bySnakeSnakeSnake October 16, 2015

Umm... guys...

I don't know if the other reviewers haven't unlocked it yet or something but this is the game where you can beat a hooker to death with a giant dildo while wearing nothing but a lead thong and crocs (No I'm not making that up.) It's hilarious and fun to play with dorm buddies, but I certainly wouldn't bring it home.
Adult Written bysolmlame9 June 5, 2015

SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!

I'm ok with my kid playing a game that has aliens in it. I'm not a very big fan of violent games I saw the blood rating BUT... its animated blood looks like playdough. Very cartoony looking game! good for 11 and up.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byToyChiecaLoverFnaf June 2, 2015

Kids should play

I love this game so does my kid we have fun togathor playing it
Parent Written bysmartasain4427 May 17, 2014

Saints Row The Third

This is literally one of the best games ive ever played. If your a parent, like me, and you really want your kid playing grand theft auto or stuff like that, let them play this. Similar to grand theft auto, you can drive on the streets and run people over and stuff, but other than that its all just goofy and stupid fun. The blood isnt to bad, but if your kid has played something like assassins creed or skyrim, this is fine. The sexual stuff is pretty bad, but a good thing about this is that is all can be easily avoided, and even if your kid does do a "sexual" thing, its not any worse that a pg-13 movie. The only area that would possibly concern a parent here would be the language. There is a bit of language in this game. its mostly words like a**, pu**y, sh*t, and d*ck with minimal use of the f word. Going back to the sexual stuff, it is a little worse than a pg-13 movie, but other than that this game it completely weird and goofy. The one thing that I forgot would be the violence. The violence inst bad at all. its like any other third person shooter, with some goofy melee attacks. By goofy I mean like a ball kick or a face slap. 10/10 stars.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2012

fun

i havent played but i have watched my brother play and its funny but kinda inappropriate like swinging a gaint d*ldo around but except that its a fine game for 12-13 years of age and above but a mature 12 year old
Parent Written byamerican dad January 21, 2012

As long as your kids are mature

At first i was skeptical of this game so we rented it. After a week the only problems i discovered were some language and mild sexual references. As long as you talk to your kids and they understand that language is not acceptable(there is also an option to turn off dialogue) and learn to ignore sexual references I think its ok for anybody that can handle this in a mature way. Plus its alot of fun over the top action.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJordan F. November 2, 2016

not good for smaller children

Anyone who says this is fine for a ten year old is warped, ever hear the saying.monkey see monkey do, unless your household has no boundries and you openly curse and swear infront of your children or let them watch whatever they want i understand your reasoning, if your tryong to teach a young child.good morals and values something that bets swept under the rug wayy to much these days then do not let your kids play these kinds of games its just going to have them picking up bad habits, and looking into more adult things, im a step dad to a ten year old and his parents know nothing about games or the dangers of the internet so i am kindnof the go to guy, the kid was never monitered on a computer before i came alone, turns out these games opened up a whole new world to him, his google searches the simulators he downloaded all meant for adults, things a ten year old should not be thinking aboutnor seeing for years so remember your actions and choices carry consequences that might take awhile to surface, he is now restricted to what games he can buy and play, thats why these games have ratings, respect them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJellyls August 23, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bythebestt June 24, 2016

good for kids who no its not real

This game us great there is a bit of blood and it is very unrealistic there is no nudity what so ever and the drug taking is usually just smoking Hope this helps and get it its really good
Adult Written bybenderaps1982 May 20, 2016

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that EVERY somewhat decent shooter, shootem up violent game, no matter what the age group its for ....Why do they feel the need to put NUDITY, and the sounds of intercourse...........WHAAATTTTT!!!!! thats what the video games review said on it.......sexual nudity and ....the sounds of moans and groans from sexual intercourse.......PLEASE LISTEN ALL YOU 18,19, 20 somethings......and even 30, and 40 somethings that have nothing better to do than get your rocks off on horrible graphics of 3D game nudity........PLEASE TELL ALL THE GAME COMPANIES THAT YOU ARE ALL GROWN UP NOW AND YOU REALLY CAN DO WITH ...OUT!!!! ALL THE PATHETIC SEX SCENES AND MOANING SOUND'S ....OR WHAT......EVVVER ELSE GROWN MEN ARE TOO OLD FOR......PLEASE GAME MAKERS.....PLEEEEAAASSSSEEEEE .......EXPECT MORE FROM YOUR SELVES.......REQUIRE GREATER FROM YOURSELF........MAKE YOUR NUDITY FREE SEX FREE GAMES SO INCREDIBLY GOOD THAT NO ONE WILL EVER MISS OR THINK WELL OF ANY OTHER GAME THAT ALLOWS PATHETIC NUDITY IN THERE GAMES.........CHILDREN PLAY THOSE GAMES FOR GOD SAKE AND AWEFUL PARENTS LET THEM.....REMEMBER THAT YOU ......will be held accountable for everything you say......and everything you do,......and especially ......EVERYTHING that you CREATE!!!! Trust me on this...........if I didn't care about you guys .....I promise ....I wouldn't even bother to comment on the matter.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGenericGamertag March 9, 2016

It's.......ummm.....Saints Row.

You can shoot people with Dubstep guns and smack people with a giant purple....ummmmmmmmm.........d**** This is the kind of stuff that you can expect throughout the Saints Row franchise. It's not to be taken seriously, but it is most definitely not safe for children.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheRebornPixel December 26, 2015

Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row: The Third is an Action-Adventure game where the Saints take on the Syndicate. Players can fight and destroy people while in game. Saints Row: The Third has a lot of profanity, sexual content, partial nudity, and a lot of violence. Players can decapitate, blow up others, and shoot people in a violent matter, which can show depictions of blood. Some customizations allow your player to wear clothing which exposes a lot of skin. For example, you can wear a bikini while in game. An example of sexual content is that it has a melee weapon that forms the shape of a dildo (sex toy). A lot of profanity can be heard in game, like "f*ck", "sh*t", and a lot more. Overall, this game is rated for people 13 and up for Violence, Partial Nudity, Blood and Gore, and Strong Profanity.
Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2015

Saints Row: The Third

Well, SS:TT has taught us a valuable lesson, this lesson being ESRB rates as if your child is stupid and if they see anything in a game they are going to copy, well, ESRB are wrong, as children only do this if they have mental issues. If your child is mental, then don't let them play, if your child is normal, then let them play, it's a game, it's not like he/she is going to say "Hey, I think it would be fun to rob a bank" and if he/she does, well, then your child is mental.
Adult Written byGTAmania November 19, 2015

12 and older

the game has violence like cod and gta but in my opinion as long as you know it's fake it's fine the language is ok not bad and their is nudity but it's pixeled out and there are sexual jokes but other wise I think 12 years old is when you can play it
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2015

Not exactly a good babysitter...

This game is quite obviously isn't made for younger kids, but my 16 year old sister got me to play it on my computer... there are a few gross sex things, where you escort people in cars... and you could hear them saying... uhh... very strange things... but I've completed the entire game, and enjoyed it, for the same reason everyone else does, if your kid knows it's not real and this isn't something they should do, then it's fine. It's quite humorous with missions such as driving a tiger around town, insurance fraud by throwing yourself into traffic, and other things. I was comfortable playing the game, and that was my review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 3, 2015

Saints Row: The Third

This game has sex and violence! SEX, LOTS of references to B.D.S.M, Tons of sexual references, you can pimp... VIOLENCE, you can shoot anyone you want like in games such as grand theft auto, a lot of blood and gore. LANGUAGE, F#ck is used about 6 times, ass is used countless, bitch is used 20 times... Barely any drugs or alcohol. If saints row 3 was a movie it would be rated R for language, bloody violence and sex
Parent Written byckmnscjn June 5, 2015

Good game

very fun. aliens slaughter animated blood not realistic. Playable for 11 and up. don't worry about this game.
Adult Written byasdfdf June 5, 2015

My son had fun!

I'm a christian parent, Flat out this is the reason this is M. Playdough blood, alien killing, super powers blood when you hit the ground. I swear this game has the same amount of violence as the avengers! 11 and up!!!!
Adult Written byjnjnjnjnjnd June 5, 2015

Weird, weird.....

I'v always not liked violence.... But then aliens come and try to destry the human race OMG!!!!! Saints row = unrealistic. Guns = Music gun, ice cream gun, baseball gun, bubble gun. That's not the weird part super powers are. Have FUN jumping out of a jet at 4000ft and not dying. LOL I enjoyed watching my son play this. 11 and up!!!!
Adult Written bymrSan263 June 5, 2015

OK game (fake)

if you want a realistic violent game you won't find it in saints row it has a ton of super powers and alien fights, if you like the halo and alien theme then buy this game has blood when you kill aliens. not too violent at all. Free roam is okay. This is an M game. it has partial nudity because your character (male) has under wear on. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! age appropriate for 11 and up. good luck having a ton of fun. Minor note (fake).