All member reviews for Saints Row: The Third

Violent open-world crime adventure earns its mature rating.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2014

Saints Row The Third

I Think the game is fine I mean Im 10 and I have recently bought it is just fake mature kids should play this game if there not stupid enough to do this stuff in real life.
Parent Written byJohn Simmons May 11, 2014

not as good as the first or second but still a phenomenal game

As soon as this game came out I was really egar to get my hands on a copie, the first thing I though throughout the gameplay was really just why is this not a 15! Its a real shame that such a good game has been restricted to only a specific age group, obviously they had there reasons but it makes perfect sense to make it a 15 or at least inform gamers about its rather over the top age reviewing system!
Kid, 12 years old April 25, 2014

Commonsense needs to understand they are terrible and that this game is a parody of life.

I've not given any "what families should now about this", because they've sorted as in "Too much (sex, violence, etc)". This game doesn't have too much of anything, in my opinion. It has enough. Enough to make it a great tool to poke fun at real life. Commonsense is terrible, in my opinion. They give Half-Life 2 and BioShock a not-for-kids, because of violence, but the 1987 RoboCop a 16? Puh-leez. Dafuq is this website? This game has a great sense of humor. It uses irony (signing autographs for cheering fans whilst robbing banks) and over-the-top wit to support itself. Not entirely unlike GTA V, this game just goes full-retard, especially with the Bollywood movie parody at the beginning. I love this game, and so should everyone. If I'm 12 (almost 13!) and smart enough to understand this game, I don't see why another 12 year old can't. Sexuality isn't really such a notable factor. This isn't what pushes my rating to 12+, when it would've been 10+. I don't understand the sexuality in my game. Sure, the over-the-topness sometimes adds to the humor, but considering there's no nudity, not much should be drawn to it. Really? I mean, if you're like "ermahgerd, bikinis," then never, ever let your kid step out of the house. People wear worse in public. And not that rarely. Chances are being your kid has already seen it. So, I say mature 11+. Otherwise, 13+.
Teen, 14 years old Written by0mgitzsniperbunny April 7, 2014

Ok for mature kids

This game is a sandbox so it's action/adventure. It has blood but it's really fake. Also weapons like guns and that stuff and drugs. There are hookers that walk around at night and a row of clubs in the first mission on the ground. There are a lot of "ratchet" people and bikinis and cleave age but no intercourse. This game is alright for a mentally mature person as long as you tell them these things are not acceptable in the real world and they could be severely punished for any such actions.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlejandro Diehl February 14, 2014

Ehh

The game I guess was good but its really crude and inappropriate and is definitely marked Mature for a reason.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySr1 January 27, 2014

Great game. mature themes.

This game isn't that bad its about the saints taking down rival gangs and a anti gang organization (who end up being the actual bad guys) to help the people you aren't as much of a gang as you are the good guys. The gangs and the anti gang organization (stag) try to harm the citizens and over take the city. In this game the saints fight ti free the city from the gangs and stag they dont fight to take it iver they fight ti free it and get the respect of citizens. The violence is over the top full if fun animations and combat and a ton if explosions. Language isn't to bad turn off the voice volume then its only in cut scenes but still has many f bombs if you skip the cut scenes you wont really understand the game but you can just free roam and have a good time. Sex is only implied nudity is girls in bikinis/bras at two party's that dont last long. Its also in two missions where you have to save girls frim beingsold as sex slaves and put a stop to human trafficking (I find this awesome since I hate the idea of human trafficking) drugs aren't a problem they are just mentioned. All in all I love this game because you free a city from bad people who want to hurt it. There is iver the top action but its in good fun the only thing ti look out fir is language but if you dint want your child introduced to sex drugs and violence yet even if it is for good then dont get it for them or play it first. Sorry this isn't written well but I hope you get the point.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkimmlyLightly December 15, 2013

Excellent game, for the right kids :)

Hey guys, Skimmlylightly here with another great review. This is a great game...... for the right children. If you're child is the type that follows video games and TV shows, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. If you're child is the type that knows these things are BAD, then go ahead, but you might want to keep an eye on them from time to time, to see how their doing. Anyway, into the review! Drugs- I can see some drug references, but not allot. Action- Those of you who have followed the saints row series, you'll probably know that this game involves even more action! Game games storyline will have you flying helicopters, VTOL jets, driving different type of cars, and a whole at more. This game also involves, shooting lots of people, destroying cars, blowing up buildings, and even getting you're own crib. Interaction- Sadly there's no multiplayer, but at least there's coop (co op) mode so you can play with you're friend on different missions and have fun with. Smoking- I see some forms of smoking, but just like drugs, not a whole lot. If your child knows not to smoke, plus side for them. Sex- Well, here we are to the part with the birds and the bees. There are some parts of nudity... but their little area is covered up, can't same the same for the butt though, lol. There are some strippers in some parts for the game..... Language- This game involves much use of the F, A, H, MF, S, D, words. (If you don't know what MF means just look up "MF word" on google, second link :) Drinking- Involves a lot of drinking. And, that really sums up the game, I'm not going into the games storyline, because that would really take up a number of hours of typing (because their are about 4 games in the series) Sorry, if you were expecting it, but we've all got our pressure points. I give this game a grand total of 9/10, on the good-o-meter! A message to parents, go ahead buy this game for your your teen. ESRB, is just worried, lol.
Parent of a 4, 8, 9, and 11 year old Written byedenvan December 3, 2013

great came some parents are too STRICKT!

saints row 3 is an amazing game. Let my 11 year old son have it for have it for christmas and he loved it i whatched him play it there is aliitle bit of sexual content such as as strip club but my child promised that he would stay away and so far he has. There is places such as weed house which you can buy for extra income. there are big party which there can be strippers and achohol but most of all this came is great. you can fly around in jets blow up buildings or just walk around causing mayhem. i loved this came and my elevn year old son did aswell.
Kid, 10 years old October 20, 2013

its fine just abit of violence

ive never played the game before but I want to and what I heard from staff at the game store its fine my friends staff everyone helped me think that its not that bad my parents wont let me play it but when they do im gonna prove to those stupid common sense idiots who only tell half the story who make fun of a game if they don't like it and the members at a game store should make the dicison sure it has sexuality and swearing but its nothing worse than dora the explorer its stuff we face in life so when I get this game im gonna prove to all u tightened up people out there wrong then we'll see who the winner is
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2013

you can turn things off

its a great game for kids 10 and up.you can turn off all the coarse language,blood and sexual stuff
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 27, 2013

Funny, and Great Game...... I think a mature 12 year old can handle it.

Funny,and Violent game that will tickle the fancy of many gamer's, but may contain to much sexual content and violence for the younger-ones. There is violence that is rather comical and not horribly gory, but there are some weapons that you can use that create some gore. There is sexual content such as a bondage costume and a big sex toy used as a weapon which is played for laughs. There are some scenes where you are at a BDSM club, and you see people dressed and acting weird. Some implications to sex in which there is rocking of cars. Characters can get a sex change, not shown. Some of the prostitutes and strippers wear suggestive and revealing clothing. You have the ability to streak, but is censored and is comical. There are references to drugs, and some people drink alcohol. There is strong frequent language typical for a game like this, but there scene of nudity in which the genitals are blurred on a big man, but his but is visible, but this is non-sexual and made to be humours. Really Mature 12. Suggested MPAA- R: Scenes Of Strong Comical Gang Related Violence, Reckless Behavior, Pervasive Language, Crude and Sexual Content, Drug References, and Some Nudity.
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2013

epic but volinte

It is not bad but it has blood in it but I is not bad no drugs no nothing exept blood and Gore but every thing else you don't worry about because it is not bad
Teen, 17 years old Written byProfesserCrouch August 24, 2013

Saints Row The Third: Your Decision

I myself played Saint's Row The Third for over 10 hours and I can say, wow. This is a very fun game with activities like skydiving, racing ( Not really. ) And flying helicopters. This game is very fun due to: Falling off bridges, Jumping, Funny glitches, and of course, THE GUNS. The guns usually have names and the characters are usually funny. One warning though parents, the language is foul and is used a lot. The best way to solve this problem is to turn down Voice in audio menu to 0 and skip cutscenes. Partial nudity is something you don't have to worry about. All it is is blurred out naked parts and signs around the city. Don't worry, it is not going to have sex and strippers. If you are concerned, please keep a close eye on your child. If not, let him roam free in the world of SR.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMichael F. August 5, 2013

SR3 review

BLOOD AND GORE: lots of cartoony blood and the occasional gibbing of a body, but again, very cartoony. INTENSE VIOLENCE: shooting, punching, and more shooting. STRONG LANGUAGE: frequent use of f-bomb, s*it, a*s, etc. (should note, though, not nearly as bad as saints row 2) SEXUAL CONTENT & PARTIAL NUDITY: lots of innuendo, some revealing outfits, and a male backside. USE OF DRUGS, ALCOHOL, ETC.: blunt smoking and beer drinking galore. (your player can NOT do it, though)
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

The best!

This is an awesome game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe guy who knows May 28, 2013

It was ok but not for kids

There is 1 weapon in the game that is very mess up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIAMGAMERANDAWESOME May 25, 2013

Not that bad

Look, I'm a kid and I'll tell you the truth. Good if you allow your kids to see violence, bad if punching police officers in the jewels concerns you. My mom really doesn't approve of this game, but since my cousin has it they finally said ok. This game does not have any sex. There are prostitutes, but they DO NOT have ... you know what I mean. There is a heavy violence factor though. You can mug, steal, kill, and assassinate people. But if you are like my mom, your main concerns are drugs, breaking the law, and sexual themes. I have not played that much into story mode. I say stick to free roam and jack cars! But, you should have a discussion with your parents about the violence mainly.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2013

Saint row the third

Great game not bad just crazy fun
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2012

Epic

Epic BUT NOT FOR KIDS
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2012

LEARNING

Perfect for all ages!

Perfect in every single way!Over the course of the 8 hour game your child will learn everything ever!