All member reviews for Saints Row

Violent, Grand Theft Auto-type game.

Adult Written byDIRTYCURTIE April 9, 2008

WAYOVER THE TOP

THIS GAME DEMOSTRATES "HOW MANY WAYS CAN WE KILL A PERSON". NOT JUST THE EVERYDAY JOE BUT GANG MEMBERS PASSERBYS, INNOCENT PEOPLE DRIVING DOWN THE STREET. IT'S ALL ABOUT TEACHING GANG BANGING 101. IF THATS NOT ENOUGH THE GAME ALSO DEMOS HOW TO COMMIT INSURANCE FRAUD. I CAN'T SEE HOW THIS GAME CAN BE SOLD TO A 17 YEAR OLD. SEX VIOLENCE KILLING 100WAYS THE LIST GOES ON. I NOTICE IT IS COMPARE TO GTA. NICE TRY, THIS GAME IS WAY OVER THE TOP GTA HAS SOME OF THE FEATURES BUT SAINTS ROW IS JUST PURE GANG BANGING 3RD DEGREE...NICE GRAPHICS, NICE MOVEMENT ASHAME IT WAS NOT POLISHED BEFORE RELEASING. PARENTS BETTER TAKE A LOOK AT THE CONSTANT FOUR LETTER WORDS AND WATCH YOUR KID LEARN INSURANCE FRAUD AS HE STARTS WEARING HIS COLORS.
Adult Written bytheMEGAPOPE April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bynoc59 April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2011

not violent just shooting

i think this game is intresing for ages 5 to 10 but not good for ages 18 and over
Adult Written byGregN12 April 9, 2008

Wait just a second

When my son asked me for this game i said No... but then he kept asking an i finally said, ok lets rent it. We got the game home and i played it (really jsut pushed buttons) and yes, there is shooting, and there is SOME language (couple F's and S's) and there is some smoking of tobacco. Other than that, no other problems with this game. I think anyone who has played The Godfather or any of the Grand Theft Auto games should get this. PARENTS IT ISNT THAT BAD!!!!
Adult Written byrumycoldfrys April 9, 2008

not all that bad

for parents out there, such as myself, id just like to announce this game isnt all that bad. i watched my 14 year old play it for hours, and played some of it myself as well. the game contains a few four letter words, and the occasional n word (usually just gangster talk, and not insulting someone else). there is minor drug content and even prostitutes on the street (dont worry, you cant get them in your car or anything, just there for decoration)the only real problem is violence. id say for teens 14+ its ok. as long as your kid has a grip on whats real and what isnt, then its not all that bad to buy. unless your child has access to illegal drugs, prostitutes, big guns, and is in a hardcore gang, then i almost feel like saying this is a must have...but its your choice i guess
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2012

i liked it

very very very good game for 12 year old being on myself the people who do the review over did it with sex yes the prostiutes but thats it it dosent show anything and overall its a good game
Parent of a 16 year old Written bysaint row is fun May 26, 2010

I love saint row 2 because my 18 sonlike and i played it and it was fun.
Kid, 11 years old September 19, 2009

Just say no!

Ok, first off, there's so much cussing! Bloody murders, prostitutes, and frequent use of the f-bomb! You shoot people down to gain respect? This game was made toward older kids to adults, not for ANY kids 15-! The only fun part (if there was any) was driving, but its hard to control and you always end up crashing. Sadly your grand theft auto fans and maybe some youngers kids will scream for this game.

ok

Kids are mature
Adult Written byjaimee_1984 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypawar April 9, 2008
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byKatie Markinson May 11, 2014

A good enough game that can keep my kids preoccupied long enough

From what I've seen of my kids playing this game it looks perfectly fine. But before I got it for them I did have to check out this website for advice and to be perfectly honest I think even ‘common sense' media got it wrong this time.
Parent Written byJohn Simmons May 11, 2014

Great for mature kids

My 12 year old son and I both love this tycoon like game but think that some parents might want to be cautioned about the sex references used throughout the game, but with the modern day society developing as it is there's really nothing that most of them are not used to. Other than that its only really the violence and the swearing that some parents might consider to be at most a mild problem
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

Disappointing

Dumb game for Teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire March 2, 2013

Not for Younger Adolescents (12-14), Tweens (11), and Children (4-10)

This is a Violent, GTA-like game
Teen, 13 years old Written byCovertOps99 October 13, 2012

Saints Row vs. GTA IV

I think that Saints Row 1 is ok, but is nothing compared to GTA IV. There are pros and cons to Saints Row when comparing it to GTA IV. Pros- You can save many vechicles at a time, more sidemissions, and more customization. Cons- the graphics are not as good as GTA IV, Not as many vechicles ( there aren't motorcycles, helicpoters, or boats in Saints Row 1), and the map is not as big. My favorite thing about Saints Row is that you can fully customize your character, with many different articles of clothing, as in GTA you are the same character as everyone else. In Saints Row 1 there is a lot of violence including: killing cops, killing civilians, and killing members of different gangs. I would reccomend this game to anyone that likes the GTA series and the Just Cause series.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II August 19, 2012

Violent and profane

Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 27, 2012

Just fine

Great Game.
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2011

no nudity no blood

its beast and awsome this things a lie it does not have nudity and its no blood and gore