All member reviews for Saw

Atmospheric horror game with gory, sadistic gameplay.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byKevin Quire November 27, 2009

Extremely Graphic Content

The extremely violent Saw franchise is back with a video game, all to make a few more bucks. Through various traps heads can be blown off people are stabbed and various swear words are used. The game is very graphic and poorly written. DO NOT buy this for anyone 15 and under.
Parent Written byMary Kingser April 18, 2012

This game teaches authority

In this game you play the role of a detective who tracks a criminal and brings him to justice while avoiding clever traps. Great fun to play over a weekend.
Teen, 14 years old Written byComickang45 November 27, 2011

Ok for Teens

It actually does give a positive message because it shows what smoking drugs alcohol and addictions can destroy your life im 13years old and it has not made me want to cut myself or kill someone the only thing this game has done is made me realize how good my life is i say its ok for 13+ if your mature enough to handle the bloody gory trap parts it also challenged me and made me use my brain instead of just sitting there shooting stuff so parents would you rather your kids play a game like call of duty where they just sit there and blow peoples limbs off or would you rather have a game that shows how bad drugs alcohol addictions can be and why you should never start and will challenge them to use there brain?
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwd333 August 9, 2011

A very violent, gory, bloody, and scary sadistic killer game.

I love horror films and games. I watch Saw the movie and many others like Friday the 13th and Halloween. I don't get scared easily. But while I was playing this game, my heart was racing and I was afraid Jigsaw was going to jump out of the dark at anytime. This game is not for kids, very scary and gory.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShelton W July 30, 2011

Read This Advice Parents!

Have You Ever Withstanded Watching Saw In Theaters?,And You Think What Kind Of Sick Mind Made This Up,He Should Rot In Jail!.It's True,All Saw Is Doing Is Encouraging People To Do The Following:Kidnap,Kill,Put Them In Traps.Saw Is A Very Dissapointing Game,A Waste Of Money,And So Much Language,It's Not Even Funny.But The Main Part Is The Gore,The Main Thing Of The Game Is You're A Guy Trying To Escape A Death Trap To Help Find Your Son,Who Has Been Kidnapped,And Captured By Jigsaw.A Bloody Psychopathic Man Who Made This Saw Thing Up Should Rot,And Stop Rotting Kid's Brains,And Adults.There Is Already Bad Enough People Out There,So Parents Don't Buy This Game,You Don't Want Your Kid's Turning Out Like Those Bad People Today.So Be Smart And Don't Waste Your Money On Brainwashing Your Kid With Violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLady-Lithium November 22, 2010

Why Saw? Why?

I love, love, love love, love, Saw but this game made me hate it just a little. The camera is bad and the fighting system needs a LOT of work. 13+ for blood, gore, etc
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 16, 2010

Is exactly what it says on the tin.

Bloomin well violent. Gory disgusting game. Violence is Dismemberment, Decapitation, Bloodbaths,Impaling, Trapping Language is not too bad. This should have a 21 rating brought out now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 10, 2009

Very, very violent game

I don't play video games, period, but I was over at a friend's and played for a good while, but that was enough. The language was very colorful, and the violence extremely graphic. Okay for 17+. It's fairly easy to play, most of it is common sense stuff, and I have to say it was pretty entertaining.
Adult Written bythediamondd February 21, 2015

Great game!

Good game bad violence. Blood looks like ketch up
Teen, 14 years old Written byme84756 April 10, 2014

the first saw

the game saw is not as bad as the movie but it has it's bad bits here and there but also if you are into the horrors and thrills you should play this game. it is about you going into traps and finding the truth about jigsaw. i think this game is aproppriate for teens 14 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 March 23, 2014

Stick with the movies

Of course what comes with successful movies are there not so good video games, and this one is no exception. The graphics are fine, and the audio is fine, but what makes this game so bad is the fact the physics and the way it is all around just seems lazy. I mean sure it's violent and gory, but in no way is it realistic and to me it really isn't all that disturbing. I don't know that is just my opinion, but personally I would say skip the game and just watch the first couple of movies. Now to the content review... This game features strong violence that features some gore, but like I said above it's physics are off and weird. Some language, but nothing awful. Honestly it's mainly just the violence so I would say 12 and up. Suggested MPPA rating R: Strong Bloody Horror Violence and Language
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2013

SAW is great for problem solveing

I really think this is a creppy good games you can really pump up your solveing skills in this game>
Teen, 17 years old Written byjman236 January 26, 2013

kinda touching

suprisingly jigsaw is kinda a postive roll model the reason these people are in there is because he wants them to care for others insted of them selfs
Teen, 14 years old Written by1DLOVE13 December 25, 2012

Saw movie! :)

It positive message and role model because the characters are showing that life is important and role model because they are brave,like Amanda in saw I doing the reverse bear trap! I am only 12 and a Saw fan! :) 1000000000000/5 from me!
Teen, 13 years old Written byVA64 March 22, 2012

Violent and Gruesome Video Game Has Iffy Content For Young Teens

The game start out with a trap strapped to your neck that has two halves of a metal sphere with spikes on both half's. You have to get a key and unlock the trap before it squishes your face to nothing. Sadly, the key is surgically inserted inside your face under your eye. You'll have to use a scalpel to cut your face open to get the key in time. The controller rumbles as you cut open your face, and a waterfall of blood seeps from your face and it looks as if your crying blood. Lots of intense cries of pain and lots of death traps such as spike in the floor, swinging axes behind closed doors, getting attacked by mentally unstable humans, and having to walk through a hallway full of broken glass barefoot. One scene also forces you to put a mace's spikes into an opponents head, and then rip it down. Letting out disturbing screams, blood, and pieces of a brain. About 25% of the game is actual experiencing death traps and fighting, and the other 75% is solving puzzles, finding codes, and playing mini-game, which is violence free. Which is the only reason why I put Iffy for 13+. But not solving the puzzles in time result in explosions, decapitation, or being impaled by weapons or spikes. The blood shed is relatively low for how brutally some deaths are. Overall, you defiantly should notice that this game and the movies are not intended for children, and is full of adult content (Violence and Language, No Sex or Sexual References; besides one quick reference of rape). Overall I can handle this much violence and gore and don't really notice an effect on me after playing this. I am a very peaceful person and a vegetarian because of my love for animals and personally think this is OK for teens 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 13, 2011

AND 8 YEAR OLDS PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO?

Csm,are you rating this seriously???This isn't bad as the reviews state This is very mild compared to other games This is an extremely fun game and I play this 9-12 hours a day from the time I got this in 2009 That's roughly 6000+ hours and it's soooo fun If you call this violent,go play Prototype then you can tell me this is violent I've already completed the whole game hundreds of time(about 200+ times,yes,call me crazy if I tell you that,but it's true you can come and watch me play if you want) got this for my Xbox 360,Playstation 3 and Microsoft that's about US 200 + but it's totally worth the money i always use one when I'm not using the other By the way,this deserves 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 stars.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2011

Stuff to be concerned about.

I've seen someone play it and i almost past out! Just by hearing jigsaw the puppet talk it could make you throw-up. The word f**k you hear allot and the violence is just so disturbing you could never forget it. The worst torture is when your hands are attached to the ceiling and when your feet are attached to the elevator and the elevator goes down and you get ripped in half you just watch blood squirt and the characters gut's spill out.
Parent Written byAmy Low June 13, 2011

boring, just blood and drugs

it is definetly too gory for under 14 it's very very bloody (no, like the most gory game you'l ever play). Yes that gory
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom August 23, 2010

Oh god, The most violent Film franchise is on Consoles.

The SAW franchise is now on consoles, Oh dear. This is obviously going to be violent. Probably the most violent game you can get on PS3 and Xbox 360 right now. This game is pretty bad too. You wear like a mask type thing that rips your face apart. Lovely. You will just get an endless amount of sadistic blood and gore. Shotgun traps that blow your head off. Its horribly and disturbingly violent I'm afraid. The language isn't too bad but It still appears.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystuff July 26, 2010

i have see 5 year olds play M games there not bad about 10 years old is good for u to play any M game the game is more for people who can do a hard challenge u have to think