The game start out with a trap strapped to your neck that has two halves of a metal sphere with spikes on both half's. You have to get a key and unlock the trap before it squishes your face to nothing. Sadly, the key is surgically inserted inside your face under your eye. You'll have to use a scalpel to cut your face open to get the key in time. The controller rumbles as you cut open your face, and a waterfall of blood seeps from your face and it looks as if your crying blood. Lots of intense cries of pain and lots of death traps such as spike in the floor, swinging axes behind closed doors, getting attacked by mentally unstable humans, and having to walk through a hallway full of broken glass barefoot. One scene also forces you to put a mace's spikes into an opponents head, and then rip it down. Letting out disturbing screams, blood, and pieces of a brain. About 25% of the game is actual experiencing death traps and fighting, and the other 75% is solving puzzles, finding codes, and playing mini-game, which is violence free. Which is the only reason why I put Iffy for 13+. But not solving the puzzles in time result in explosions, decapitation, or being impaled by weapons or spikes. The blood shed is relatively low for how brutally some deaths are. Overall, you defiantly should notice that this game and the movies are not intended for children, and is full of adult content (Violence and Language, No Sex or Sexual References; besides one quick reference of rape). Overall I can handle this much violence and gore and don't really notice an effect on me after playing this. I am a very peaceful person and a vegetarian because of my love for animals and personally think this is OK for teens 13 and up.