All member reviews for Scribblenauts

Kid, 9 years old March 21, 2010

This is awesome!

I love this game.I own it and I try to get the Peacemaker award all the time.This game is totally safe and educational.But it's super fun!
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2013

Scribblenauts

Scribblenauts is a very fun game to play, especially if you have a good imagination like me; however it is a little bit violent at some points. You can summon a grim reaper/grizzly reaper/death to kill you, you can drown yourself in a wave/flood and you can get hit by a meteorite/meteor/asteroid. You can also use various weapons to kill other animals and people. There isn't any blood so it's not gory or anything. The Scribblenauts franchise includes: Scribblenauts (DS), Super Scribblenauts (DS), Scribblenauts Remix (all Apple and android devices), Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U, PC, 3DS) and Scribblenauts Unmasked (Wii U, PC, 3DS). The latest instalment, Scribblenauts Unmasked is "a DC comics adventure" and takes the violence to a whole new level. Now players can summon weapons to kill villains and maybe even, like the past games, harmless things. There is no multiplayer in the games I've played, so NPC's (non-player characters) communicate with you by showing speech bubbles with pictures in them, e.g. boxing gloves means they want to fight. I do not think you should let anyone under the age of six get their hands on these games. One more thing is: in Scribblenauts Remix (for Apple devices only) you can buy things like avatars and backgrounds using actual money so there is a wee bit of consumerism going on.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2013

LEARNING

Quite a fair bit of violence.

Scribblenauts is one of those EPIC games that exist. It is fun, action-packed and perfect for those wanting to unleash their creativity. However, there is some violence in this game. You can attack objects or characters with a weapon such as a knife, a shotgun, a chainsaw and others. Characters who are defeated by Maxwell (the game character) disappear in a puff of smoke (No gore is shown). Type in ''Death'' and you get a hooded figure with a skull as a face. If a character is near the figure, they get attacked and they explode into a puff of smoke. Again, no blood or gore is shown. You can buy music and character avatars at the shop using ''Ollars'', the point system in the game. No real money is used. Any vulgar or offensive language, or any type of drugs/alcohol/tobacco is not recognized by the system. In conclusion, this game is recommended for those 11 and over.
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2012

the details

well... it is a good game, but be careful : Your child can type in inappropriate things in the notebook.The rest of the game is great. It is EDUCATIONAL!
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2011

I used to LOVE this game! Too bad I can't find it.

There is some violence because you can use guns but they aren't that realistic. Also you can kill people but the animation is, once again not that realistic. Also it is kind of educational because there are puzzles you have to solve in order to get to the next level. I LOVE SCRIBBLENAUTS!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 July 15, 2011

I love this game!

I have this game and it's really fun to play. Even though it can get hard after a couple of levels, it's still fun to play. Great game!
Kid, 9 years old June 22, 2011

great game

this game was thought to be like every author game well it wasn't it must be one of the greatest game i every played love it :) it though me many things sorry for bad spelling
Kid, 9 years old May 10, 2011

awsome first game i get
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

My Favorite Game!

I play it and I completed almost all levels. Right now I am finished with the whole game! I completed almost levels because some I wanted to skip because they were too hard but I finally made it to the last level and completed it! Right now I feel like I am a video gamer because I am really good at alot of games and I can complete about 13 levels each day when playing Scribblenauts.
Kid, 9 years old January 4, 2011

scribblenauts

i love it and many others did to. thats why they came out with a second one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZibbtyzoo January 3, 2011

Great for kids who can handle their DS well and do some good old thinking!

This game is one of my favorite games, only beaten by its sequel. I'd have to say that's it's actually pretty hard at times, and the stylus-controlled movement can cause some unnecessary problems with creating things, but besides that, it is one of the best games I've played and one of the very few I've been driven to fully complete.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2010

You can type words like "a**", "h*ll", "d*m", "moron", "virgin", "noob", "potty" and "blood".
Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2010

iffy for just age 10

I love this game! i did the tutorial and it was so easy i almost completed world 1 and 2 and it has educational value to use Great logical thinking and great hints but sometimes when i type in "rifle" or "sword" it gets to be a weapon so dont type in weapons EVER! this is my first of thousands of reviews so i want to tell you this but i am going to review thousands of cool games for Wii and nintendo DS copyright 2010 beyond the gaming wii and nintendo reviews
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2010

SOOOOOO ADDICTING!

This game is awesome! It's really unique and cool, i would have never even imagined making a game like this! I love it! I guess people wouldn't really like it because it looks too 'educational'. WELL THEY'RE MISSING OUT! Even though this game is educational it has a fun and creative approach, and all the puzzles are unique! this game is one of my favorite ds games ever, and i really think it's worth your money! ^.^ rated it 10 out of 10!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byqriel August 27, 2010

Fun game, not as educational as it sounds

Scribblenauts is a fun time-waster i play whenever i get bored. I don't think you have to come up with creative solutions in most of the levels, though, because most can be solved with wings, jetpacks, guns and bombs. The controls are really finicky,and if Maxwell moves too close to something he jerks around and shoves around the item a lot. You can be totally violent in the sandbox mode and in some of the levels but most kids can discern real violence from pixelated guns. I don't think it's really educational, because if you spell something wrong they have a spellcheck function. But it's still a really fun game.
Kid, 9 years old August 4, 2010

Cool game for my age

Great game! My parents got it for me for Easter, and I LOVE IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byclownarm8 July 8, 2010

educational

Scribblenauts is really good.Most people think that the only way to get rid of a dangerous violent animal is to shoot it.I prefer not to do this so i came up with another solution.My solution is to type in Mind control device.Once you type that in you get this ray gun thing.It may look violent but its not.So shoot the animal with it and instead of dying a happy face will appear above it that means it is friendly now and you can even ride it now!
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

scribblenauts is a game where you can type up anything.

In this game you can type up all most anything including wine, h*ll, bazooka, revolver, sexy lady, and chick. But the game has upsides too. It is very educational.
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2010

I always have liked this game. You can use your imagination for puzzles that are also quite fun. I know there is a little violence with being able to make guns but you just tell the DS what you want and they make it so it is the player's choice. Also when they die no blood goes around, it just makes a big cloud and go poof.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrmistofelees May 7, 2010

Amazing game.

This is a great and quite unique game. It's challenging but in a good way. The only real issue is you can have a lot of different weapons and violent situations, but it isn't gory or anything. They just go poof when something dies/is destroyed. There are some minor issues (like water disenegrates and isn't good for much) that irritate me but that's just me.