All member reviews for Shadow of the Colossus

Dark, brooding masterpiece is best for teens.

Adult Written byvoiceofreason April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bybragoandcheri April 9, 2008

Much violence, But behavior makes up for it...

This game, first off, is a great masterpiece from the creators of ICO. But the violence level in this game maybe be a bit too much for some gamers... But the behavior of the main character makes up for it... I mean, destroying these behemoths for the love of his life? Nuff said... Great game, with an ending to leave you reeling!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLink101 April 9, 2008

For Any RPG Fan

Shadow of the Colossus is a must have. It submerges you into a quiet and spectacular world. Playing as a character named Wander you go around this beautiful land destroying gigantic and magestic creatures to reincarnate a women. When you win you feel good but bad because this giant Colussi didn't do anything to you but you killed them. Not very much violence. The ending does leave you hanging a bit.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bySam_Fisher April 9, 2008

Given the major critical popularity given to this game, I feel like I'm missing something. I hear of how engaging this story is, how wondrous this land is, how you feel conflicting emotions when you strike down your foe. I hear of how wonderfully unique this game. And after playing the game for myself, I can see validity in all of these statements, but none of them are completely accurate. The story is engaging at the beginning and at the start of the end, but it dissapears for the entire game in between. By the end, I'd practically forgotten what I was there for. While the end is well-done, a few moments of poorly-done interactivity kill the intensity of the moment, and I felt a little dissapointed. The colossi battles felt a little repetitive half the time (though wonderfuly cinematic the other half), the control is a bit clunky at times, and the camera is plain junk. Artistically wonderful, but if you aren't that hardcore of a gamer, this probably isn't for you.
Adult Written byLocke April 9, 2008

The Best Game I've Ever Played!

This game can be summed up with one word: fantastic! No other game for the PS2 comes close. The graphics are about as good as it gets on the PS2 and the story is very intriguing. The fights are excellent. Even if you only have 16 of them, it's great. The soundtrack is also very well done. I would recommend this game to anyone anywhere who enjoys a good video game.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrunofish April 9, 2008

so awesome

i wanted this game so bad and when i got it i realized i was right to want to play it.in this game, you fight collosi, these huge rock creatures in a sacred,forgotten land. to kill these creatures you climb up them and stab there weak points. this game is possibly the best game ever on the PS2. blood- well when you hit a collosus a big cloud of black sprays out. it looks really cool and i dont really no if youd consider that blood or not. and if it is than its not really that bad that a rock bleeds. no swear words. the games story is kinda wierd, especially the ending, but besides the story this game is unbeliebable. BUY IT!
Adult Written byCoolDude123 April 9, 2008

A must have for puzzle-solvers and inventive minds

This game is probobly the best game ever created, while there are only 16 fights, the puzzle-solving to take them down gradually gets much harder.
Adult Written byGamerman2 April 9, 2008

This Game Rocks!

This game is a must have!!!!! It is addicting you start to think to your self "One more colossi then I'll quit. Although it is addicting it is very challenging, so if your kids have a short attention span, I would'nt advise this game.

A Must Have For Serious Gamers

This game is amazing, while there are only 16 monsters to defeat finding and defeating them is quite an issue. A great game for children who like a challenge.