All member reviews for Silent Hill: Homecoming

Ultra-violent; only for adult survival horror fans.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmaterasu13 February 21, 2009

Love creepy games like these

This game would be more for the older teen or adult audience/players. Even though I've played multiple horror/survival games, the Silent Hill series still freaks me out, even when playing in daylight with people around. I think a small child would have nightmares from it. ( This next bit is my own opinion, so it could be true for some and not others.) It's not just the creatures... they're not even half of it. The feeling of terror mostly comes from the atmoshpere. Rusting walls, foggy graveyard, and (known especially to the fans) the screeching of metal being dragged across the floor by the pyramid head. Even the music can make you cringe (though some of the tracks are actually nice to listen to). Not to mention things that pop outta nowhere. Haha even the fear of dying and starting over gets extreme just because you don't want to do it again. Even though I'm stubborn with judging age with games, this one falls in with a matured audience that can handle extreme feelings of tension and fear. Totally in love with the story line and characters, hence why I keep (slowly) advancing in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 April 12, 2014

Great game but better for the older ones

This game features strong disturbing and brutal horror violence that will scare some kids and may be to much for some even older. There are sexual references in discussion that aren't graphic, but in a way rather disturbing in some of its context and implications. Language isn't frequent or graphic. Sit the little ones out for this. Suggested MPAA R: Strong Disturbing Horror Violence and Gore including Torture, Grisly Images, Some Sexual Content and Language
Teen, 16 years old Written byrudy1212 December 22, 2011

SH Homecoming Review

this game contains strong brutal violence and gore,disturbing images of monsters, and some strong language. this game is pretty good. it has a decent story for a horror game, the graphics and soundtrack are great, the atmosphere is very dark and creepy. sometimes the melee combat will get annoying and so will the puzzles believe me. but overall a good horror game that you prabaly will play again, just go on the internet if you get stuck on the puzzles they suck. grade 8.5 out of 10
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 19, 2011

Very violent and bloody,but OK if your kid is OK with gross out horror games and movies.

I'd say for once I quite agree with the M rating .Although it s not deserving of not for kids,maybe just a 15 rating would be fine .Although I can probably stomach anything without getting sick and I don't get any problems playing this game,I actually yelled “Goddamnit!" at one part.I play this game at least 8 hours per day from the time I got it in 2009(two years of non stop playing every day) and that would make unhardened people sick.Do not play with a full stomach because I actually underestimated it and let my lil brother play he got shyt scared and wouldn't sleep for three weeks and he vomitted.I have this for my Xbox 360 and PS3 and from what I've noticed from both versions,I notice the Xbox 360 version is tons more violent and the ps3 is considerably toned down.Anyway,mature kids only.Otherwise,NO.
Adult Written bypwnman123 June 7, 2009

This game is awesome, but it actucually is not too bad if your child is used to PG-13 movies it is OK.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypiramid head December 7, 2008

heres a hint when you see me pull out your best wep and prpare to fight to the death!!!! and trust me youll know when you see me trust me ! ! ! -----