All member reviews for Silent Hill Origins

Game places you inside a scary horror movie.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Adult Written byphynex April 9, 2008

This site should not exist

Since the release of the playstation console, crime in ALL major cities dropped phenomenally, over 40% in most areas and has dropped ever since. The more violent these games get, the more stress they oppress. Its time bad parents start taking responsibility for their negligence and stop blaming third parties. Even if in one case the kid goes violent because of a video game, that doesn't nearly outweigh all the violence the game absorbs. Do a little research before you freak out and start condemning something you know nothing about.
Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2015

Awesome

Guys I speak for myself and every one else who uses this website the csm is a load of bullcrap they just hire parents to say bad things about video games. Yes I get some games are bad and some are tame but come on trying to make fun of one of the most popular horror games of all time, that is just pathetic. Ok there is some gore in the games like homecoming where you can use a cement saw to saw a monster in half but I could name a thousand more games more violent then this. But the thing parents don't understand is yes there is a lot of blood no doubt but that's pretty much it. Sure blood splatters when you hit or shoot anything and you'll find it on the walls this game still scares many people to this day. Yes you still need a ps2 to truly get the exprience but the PS3 still managed to get silent hill 2 and 3 remastered but with more bugs. So go get yourself a ps2 and get a silent hill game and you won't regret it.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2015

Creepy sounds + disturbing imagery = a Silent Hill game for older teens.

Parents need to know that this game is scary, incolving disturbing violence, horrifying scenes and sounds and some strong horror. Jump shocks, bad language and some other things add to the game, making it not suitable for teens 15 and under (or at least is not recommended for that teenage group). 16 and over!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 23, 2013

Fun game for mature 11

Great game, but does have some bad content, such as frequent horror violence, mild language, and some sexuality. Main reason for the M rating is because this game does have strong violence that some may not enjoy. There is language, but it is pretty mild. You see some pictures of some sexual things, but not very graphic, and is more implied. Suggested MPAA- R: Strong Horror Violence, Disturbing Images, Sexuality, and Language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 19, 2011

Remember that Csm is a site heavily populated by adult reviewers who may not know what they are talking about,let alone play the game.

Common Sense Media is a senseless,rubbish filled site.Just because parents see something,they believe it's real because it says it's a San Francisco site dedicated to improving the lives of children and families.But then remember there are hundreds ,possibly thousands of adult reviewers out there who are just hired by Csm to write reviews.They made not even have played the game.And above all of that,know your kid,Are they mature or not?It depends on maturity not age.Believe me,I play this game on my PSP 2-4 hours a day and I dont become a video game freak nor do I get violent .Its violent,yes I agree but most of it is psychological violence with very little and minimal blood if you sent think about it,you won't be affected This is not as violent as Silent Hill Homecoming or Shattered Memories.Its not.Or even as violent as other survival horror games.Do a little research before you choose not to let your kid into such content.Is it really THAT bad?
Teen, 13 years old Written byselzar January 28, 2010
this game is fine for all kids and if they are scarred, whatever its there fault they played it! but again it is not that bad
Teen, 16 years old Written byvannila_sandwich December 6, 2009

A Freudian nightmare for the modern age

People here seem to not be realising that Silent Hill is a fantastic psychological experience - but, of course, not for children. The whole point of the game is that Silent Hill is a physical representation of Travis' demented mind. All of his fears and repressed sexuality are represented in the forms of monsters and it is very interesting trying to uncover which part of the protagonist's mind the following monster represents. For example, the monster that looks like it was made out of roadkill is made out of roadkill - it shows Travis feeling regret over running over animals in his truck. Also, a scene later on in the game which shows what actually happened to Travis as a child is very intense, but helps to show and explain his failed family relations and other failures in life. As a student studying psychology, this is highly recommended!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykeelo April 9, 2008

narly

crazy and violant this game is ok but its kind of violant. i personaly belive kids deserve to know about the world around them so they should be able play what they want i dont know what parents think but belive but this is my opinion. THIS GAME IS GORY.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIronman_0828 April 9, 2008

Best Game ever!!!!

This game has zombie killing so I personaly don't think it's that bad!!!