All member reviews for Silent Hill Origins

Teen, 13 years old Written bykeelo April 9, 2008

narly

crazy and violant this game is ok but its kind of violant. i personaly belive kids deserve to know about the world around them so they should be able play what they want i dont know what parents think but belive but this is my opinion. THIS GAME IS GORY.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIronman_0828 April 9, 2008

Best Game ever!!!!

This game has zombie killing so I personaly don't think it's that bad!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byvannila_sandwich December 6, 2009

A Freudian nightmare for the modern age

People here seem to not be realising that Silent Hill is a fantastic psychological experience - but, of course, not for children. The whole point of the game is that Silent Hill is a physical representation of Travis' demented mind. All of his fears and repressed sexuality are represented in the forms of monsters and it is very interesting trying to uncover which part of the protagonist's mind the following monster represents. For example, the monster that looks like it was made out of roadkill is made out of roadkill - it shows Travis feeling regret over running over animals in his truck. Also, a scene later on in the game which shows what actually happened to Travis as a child is very intense, but helps to show and explain his failed family relations and other failures in life. As a student studying psychology, this is highly recommended!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 19, 2011

Remember that Csm is a site heavily populated by adult reviewers who may not know what they are talking about,let alone play the game.

Common Sense Media is a senseless,rubbish filled site.Just because parents see something,they believe it's real because it says it's a San Francisco site dedicated to improving the lives of children and families.But then remember there are hundreds ,possibly thousands of adult reviewers out there who are just hired by Csm to write reviews.They made not even have played the game.And above all of that,know your kid,Are they mature or not?It depends on maturity not age.Believe me,I play this game on my PSP 2-4 hours a day and I dont become a video game freak nor do I get violent .Its violent,yes I agree but most of it is psychological violence with very little and minimal blood if you sent think about it,you won't be affected This is not as violent as Silent Hill Homecoming or Shattered Memories.Its not.Or even as violent as other survival horror games.Do a little research before you choose not to let your kid into such content.Is it really THAT bad?
Teen, 13 years old Written byselzar January 28, 2010

this game is fine for all kids and if they are scarred, whatever its there fault they played it! but again it is not that bad
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 23, 2013

Fun game for mature 11

Great game, but does have some bad content, such as frequent horror violence, mild language, and some sexuality. Main reason for the M rating is because this game does have strong violence that some may not enjoy. There is language, but it is pretty mild. You see some pictures of some sexual things, but not very graphic, and is more implied. Suggested MPAA- R: Strong Horror Violence, Disturbing Images, Sexuality, and Language.