All member reviews for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Lack of weapons ups scary ante in survival horror game.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 13 year old Written byabrahm March 12, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bym.logan June 6, 2011

ITS FINE

it is very suitable for ages 7 and above because it had no sexual scenes or bad language so it is fine and i would recommend this for children that do not have nightmares.
Teen, 15 years old Written byuinyad April 3, 2010

Really common sense you guys overate games so badly its so stupid and normally rate films. why? This game is not that violent and whatever game exept for the halo series that is rated M you guys say its no kids. People come to this site too see different ratings than the esrb and not just the same thing. Anyway this game has almost no violence but it is scary for younger kids so I dont recomend it for younger kids. It has a lot of language but no f words. It has sex references. Overall 12 and up in my opinion
Teen, 13 years old Written bygbboone December 22, 2009

Horrid

I'd rater have a kid watch SAW
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybigt12 December 27, 2009

ok
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeleanimal94 December 18, 2009

a good game not for kids
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTheRapDude May 9, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!

This game is awesome, i loved it. Note: This is not a game for kids!
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2010

Dang

id rather have my 4 yrs old brother watch Saw!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBeyondBD January 4, 2010

This is what I'm talking about! This is the new start of the survival horror genre--this is a masterpeice, and is one of my all time favorite silent hill games. The ending made a gawk (not going to spoil it) and it does not follow the story of the original silent hill from 1999 which it was remade, but none the less, this is a great game. I hope more games will continue on the stepping stone that this game made, it is still in the raw stages. The new take on silent hill needs to be played by all fans of this survival horror franchise.
Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2010

Most Likley Innopropiate (75%)

WOW this game is just a freak show. its like saw but WORSE. i think your child should play Call Of Duty: Morden Warfare 2 BEFORE the play this. or let them play teens if yopur strict. Just See If They Are Mature Enough To Act To A little Bit Less Voilent Game Before You Let Your Child Play THIS game. Thanks Again, Mahfit. If You Like My Reviews view more things that are on the edge I reveiw for almost Anything.
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2009

for kidz

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 19, 2011

DON'T OVERRATE THIS!!

This is not even violent or scary at all.the demons look cheesy and this makes everything you've ever played look like Saw.Ive got this for my Wii and PS2 .I play it 5-16 hours a week because it's so boring.It dosent manage to get me with that sense of hopelessness and 'there is no escape' kind of feeling that the other Silent Hill games manage to achieve so greatly.aThis has the least xpsychological horror and violence in an M rated survival horror I've seen so far.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChernovFan100 November 26, 2011

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Wii Review

If you're a fan of mature games on the Wii this is one of the best if not the best. There is no violence in the game as the main protagonist Harry Mason carries no weapons throughout the entire game. Some scenes may scare some players but once you know when are where they happen the game isn't scary at all. There are some references to sex as towards the end of the game you get "hot and heavy" with one of the other characters but nothing explicit is shown. You won''t see the ending coming and the game is very immersive and has excellent graphics for a Wii game. One of the best games I've ever played!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

for Mature Only

thats because this is for 17 years old teens, no good.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypitatron October 8, 2014

MATURE SURVIVAL HORROR TAILORS TO YOUR CHOICES

This game is very creepy, although loses most of its scares as you progress. You are a man you awaken from a car crash to discover your daughter has gone missing and it is up to you to find her in the haunted town of Silent Hill. Choices you make will affect character and area designs (to a small extent), and how the story plays out to get one of multiple endings. The game is creepy for sure, as your character has no weapons and his only option is to run from his inner demons. The demons themselves are creepy, but not overt. they are pinkish faceless humanoid creatures that chase you around. Strangely enough there is actually almost nothing graphic in this game. Violence is extremely minimal. You run from these creatures and if they kill you they will jump onto you and you will fall to the ground. Nothing is shown except you falling down. There is no blood or anything very violent. There is a scene of a car crash into a river. There is minimal swearing, like uses of sh*t, although who can blame a guy hunted by demons who have presumably kidnapped his daughter. There is some sexual themes in the game. A psychiatrist asks questions about your sexuality and cheating, which makes many of the games themes decidedly mature. There are very hard and cryptic puzzles in the game that are very difficult to figure out. they are creative, but on many occasions I had to look up a walkthrough. This amkes the game too mature for kids and too hard for the average gamer. It is an interesting journey full of twists and confusion, but is a journey worth taking for the short game that it is.