All member reviews for Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Fresh and frantic arcade shooter combines many genres.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZero65 August 25, 2010

First off, if you lack video game experience, then don't even think about buying or trying it. It WILL cream you. Now that that's out of the way, I should tell you this one of the best games on the Wii console. Sin and Punishment is sort of an on-rails shooter, with enemies and bullets coming from all directions. If you've ever played Star Fox, (exception being Command) then you will feel right at home. The game is intense, challenging, replayable, and a whole lot of fun, which many games lack nowadays, sadly. Anyways, on to the controls. There are 4 ways to play, but only 2 ways are logical. You can use the Wiimote + Nunchuk, the Classic controller, the Gamecube controller, or the Wii Zapper. See, with the Classic and Gamecube, you have to do a duel stick combination, but with the Wii Remote controls, you just have to point and shoot. I just stuck with the Wiimote and Nunchuk controls, 'cause they worked so well. If you a hardcore gamer, what are you waiting for? Give it a whirl. I think you're going to love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 23, 2012

Great action game has nice plotting and controls

The freakishly cool image on the front of the case was the main thing that made me buy this. I haven't completed it yet, but so far it's VERY engaging. The graphics are awesome, with some really cool enemies, like giant eels. The voices are nicely selected, and the dystopian plot is very epic. Four stars!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHedgieguy11 January 7, 2011

If your kid is 8+, buy this game RIGHT NOW!!!

It is nonstop gunplay, including slicing enemies with a sword, and melee attacks, but overall, the violence is minimal, although some scenes are scary. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe online sign... August 9, 2010

Hard, but not inappropriate.

A challenging shooter with fast paced, bloodless action and bizarre and random enemies.
Adult Written byWarri August 7, 2010

OK for 12+

This game violence is not intence or disturbing this game violence is mild but the gun sounds are non-stopping
Teen, 13 years old Written bydodongmanayan_1... August 3, 2010

i think its nice
Teen, 13 years old Written byloljustin July 17, 2010

Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

great game with amazing controls

i think this game is great i cant take my hands of the controller because its so fun. the controls are perfect for a game like this. it has good role models because isa and kachi are portecting there beloved planet from evil forces. from boss battle to boss battle its nonstop fun.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 July 5, 2010

Excellent

One of the best games I've played for the Wii. However, this game is extremely hard. Two or three boss battles in a row. Granted, there are many checkpoints, but that still doesn't make it any easier. Younger kids might get very frusterated; but, people of any age will be frusterated more than five times at least before the half-way point of the game. Easy was hard, I can't image what the hard setting was like. Violence is bright, hectic, and nothing ever stops. EVER. There might be some blood, or liquids similiar to blood, but it isn't literally "bloody". You basically just shoot thousands of random enemies, with the occasional boss that's important to the story. You're fingers will hurt, and you will be tired. So, if you have fifty to spend, get it. You'll have fun even if you die twenty times to defeat one boss. Or, you might. This is really for the shooter fanatics who are good at arcade games.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity July 1, 2010

HOLY CR*P. A Wii title that everyone should experience

Treasure and Nintendo have done it again, folks. The results have taken quite a while (a month and a half, to be exact, compared to the EU) to get here, but if you own a Wii and are a hardcore gamer, this IS a must-play. This game isn't for the Wii Fit crowd, as games like S&P2 are called bullet heck shooters for a reason (I'd use the slightly dirtier term, but I simply can't here). Dozens and dozens of bullets appear on the screen, but there's a bit of a narrow window where you can dodge an incoming bullet. Anywho, Treasure is known for these types of games. The original S&P (available on the Virtual Console) was excellent, but this sequel improves on a game that isn't lackluster to begin with. For one, the graphics and sounds are quite good for the Wii. It looks great on an HDTV, something most other Wii games can't accomplish. Like Smash Bros. Brawl and Tatsunoko vs Capcom before it, S&P2 can be controlled just the way you like it: with the Wiimote and Nunchuk combo, the Classic Controller (or the Pro), the Gamecube controller, or the Wii Zapper gun shell (which I prefer). You can even let the game optimize your control method, a nice feature. And, finally, proof that Nintendo really wanted to capitalize on the hardcore audience with this game: Japanese and English voice acting are both included. AWESOME. There are three levels of difficulty, but all offer a level of challenge unseen in games these days. Even the Easy mode can kick your butt if you ain't paying attention. I die A LOT in Normal, and I've beaten the original S&P on Hard! But don't let the difficulty scare you, as you really should get this gem. In terms of content, this is barely a Teen. There is a lot of frenetic action and some colored liquid that kind of resembles blood, but nothing you wouldn't find in other Teen-rated shooters. CSM missed the fact that there's a smattering of mild language. D*mn and h*ll are as bad as it gets, though. Overall, if you want a shooter that breaks the mold, S&P2 certainly will deliver.