All member reviews for Sins of a Solar Empire

Innovative real-time space-based strategy game.

Adult Written byClaymix February 28, 2012

A good, clean RTS

There's very little questionable about this game. Starships blowing each other up is the extent of the violence. Bodies are never seen, nor is there any death sounds (i.e., screaming). It's very mild. Other than the violence inherent in a space RTS (including bombing planets until they are clear of the enemies colonists), there is nothing else to worry about in this game. No language, sex, drinking, etc. As far as modern games go, this is one of the cleanest. The game itself is very fun, as well. A strategic game that keeps you involved and thinking. The one caveat is that it can take a very long time to play a match. A very, very, VERY long time. Depending on the size of the map and the number of players, this can be an hour to quite a few hours. (It can really drag on near the end of a game, which is definitely a turn off - depending on your patience). Have no fear, though: you can save even multiplayer games!
Teen, 13 years old Written byguest83 February 1, 2011

fun, but long.

the strategy is very in depth, requiring a lot of micromanagement. I really like the story and the graphics. the only problem I have with it is that it takes a loooooong time to play, requiring more than an two hours to make any progress in most levels. So I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone who doesn't have A LOT of time on their hands. But other than that it is an awesome game, requiring significant thought and sound strategies.
Teen, 16 years old Written byChubzter August 17, 2010

Fun for all ages

The game is very fun and not gorrey (srry if spelling is wrong) at all. The only reason i dont put the age rating lower is that it is tough to get the hang of playing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysasquatch42 February 9, 2009

the RTS of 2008

It is n RTS, not too much violence, no sex and lots of strategic thinking. If you have a young kid that is into PC gaming, I would always suggest an RTS since they have little inappropriate material. If you have/are a teen, highly recommended due to the fun aspect of conquering the galaxy. Even if you're an adult, I could recommend this game for the reasons as a the teen. It requires thinking and is probably a better mental workout that doing math problems.