All member reviews for Skate 3

Grow a company with friends in this realistic skating sim.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byerickson660 May 31, 2014

Perfectly suitable for kids.

I let my child play this and it was possibly one of the best games he's played. There was nothing wrong with it!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjvc20037 May 14, 2010

awesome

i though it was perfect for anyone 11 and up
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bySupaRamen June 18, 2010

Good for anyone!

This game is really good. I've been dying to get it for my PS3. Now, you can hit people, and crash into them. you can "ollie" or flip trick into them and make them fall. Sometimes the pedestrians will get mad and curse at you and put you down or make fun of you, because you antagonized them to do so. They will push you and harm your Skater. If they're mad there will be a red marker above their head. Sooo that means to stay away from them. It teaches kids what real-life tricks look like. For example, What a tradeflip is or kickflip, or heelflip or the most basic trick: an Ollie. The motions of the game when you set up to go into a trick and land it are really accurate. The game play offline is basically getting to be famous and getting money to buy more clothing and skateboards for your Skater. Online mode you can go and talk to other people and create your own brand. And make your own team. If you're gonna buy it, make sure you're patient, because the controls can be a little tricky at first. I highly recommend this game. AND if you're new to this game MAKE SURE YOU GO TO SKATE SCHOOL. Trust me, you need to learn the basics.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaniel Kolos September 16, 2010

Best Skateboarding Game

This is the best skateboard game. Very fun to play. Controls are easy to learn. You can play online with friends, or download different places to skate for little money. Deffinatly suggest this game!
Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2010

If your 12+ years old, your good.

Let's start with the cons, shall we? In this game you create a skateboarding company and to advertize for your company you get photographed doing certain tricks at certain places. Since there are people filming you, if you fall sometimes they'll say things like, "D-mn dude! Are you OK?". It is very frequent use of the "d-word" but there is no other language, so it isn't all that bad. There are no drugs or alchohol but about 20% of the pros, photographers, other skaters, announcers for contest, etc. are smoking a cigarette. Don't worry about this too much, though. It's more for effect, I guess. I noticed they don't even take draws FROM the cigarettes, so it's not that big of a deal. On the positive side, you make your OWN company, and you really do have to work at it. I really do think that it is a good influence to see that kind of work ethic in a video game. Also, the game is very easy to play, and VERY fun too. Also, the game has a tendency to not be all that great to people who don't skateboard in real life, so take that into consideration.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2014

Skate 3 Pummels All Other Skateboarding Games

To start off, I just want to say what a phenomenal game this is. The graphics are amazing, the game-play gets easy and fun as you go along in the game, and the jokes are hilarious. For any parent reading this, I advise you wait a while to get this for you 9-10 year old kid. This may be a skateboarding game, but it definitely is rated "T" for a reason. The game isn't overly violent, but mild violence is frequent; players can kill (and be killed) by pedestrians on the street. Players can jump off building and cliffs, and you hear sounds of bones cracking when you land. There is a game mode, "Hall of Meat," in which you attempt to break as many bones as you can. On impact, you see an x-ray of all the broken and sprained bones. I would say 3/5 for this category. Now, the language is a bit more frequent, and stronger, than the violence. Throughout the game, you hear words such as h---, a--, d---, b---, and infrequent uses of p---- and s---. Players refer to sexual things such as saying things like "getting laid last night," or talk about male and female body parts. A 4/5 for this. The sex category is definitely not as strong as language, but it's still there. You customize your avatars, and characters can be stripped down to their underwear; males can be stripped down to boxers, females to a bra and panties. There are scenes of cleavage, some a lot, some not much at all. There are multiple scenes where the camera zooms in on female's buttocks in jeans, and there are a few strip clubs located in the open world area. This category too gets a 3/5. The ease of play can be tricky; at the start of the game, players can choose to go through tutorials and learn things, or go freelance and figure it out themselves. Players can drop their board and run around the city, doing parkour and other fun stunts. The controls are pretty simple, which gives easy game-play. Another 4/5 for this. There isn't much drugs/alcohol, just a few scenes of people drinking beer; thus receiving a 2/5. I think that this is an exceptional game, but hold off on it until you hit your tween years.
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2010

good.

i like skate 2 better but this? nice.
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

Pretty nice

A pretty nice skating simulator, easy to learn tricks and grind your way to victory, though the "Thrasher Hall Of Meat" where you get points for injuring and breaking the bones of your character, the ability for you to pick up your skateboard and hit other people, and the imagery of a gun that tases you was a bit questionable for younger people, but as long as kids don't think "Oh I better go beat up a person with my skateboard now" I think this game is fine.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2014

Its amazing

its easy to get a hand of the controls and the cursing issue is solved because you can turn dialoge sound all the way down
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2013

skate 3

my older brother gave me this game to borrow I am 12 my brother is 8 and my sister is 5. when I got it I have to admit it is fun, but when I looked at it some more here is what I found.... when you hit someone down they usually say things like this.... aw d-m, get a life what the h--l dude.That is not the only thing if you fall they laugh at you and call you names like looser or something like that. And plus they let you beat on elderly women by tackling them or punching them or running into them or letting you beating them with your skate board. What happened to respect your elders, and even though it is just a game that puts wrong ideas into kids like my sister's head. God be with you :)
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2010

online

You cant play the game online if your under 16. Other than that I would put it at 12-13+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKingturnip26 April 11, 2014

Great game, but once again, CSM has overrated when it comes to video games

What a game! I really enjoy building up my skate company and doing crazy tricks at monster skateparks. There is minor violence, but that is just when you whack someone with your skateboard or punch someone, and they tazor you. I have had this game for 3 years, and I have never heard any words other than "stupid", "idoit", and "dummy". Nothing bad. Online, there may be people who could say offensive, racist, or inappropriate words, but you could always mute them. Overall, a great game, and no reason to rate it 13+
Teen, 17 years old Written byWREN345 July 1, 2012

Best skating game ever

Great realistic racing game. some people smoke or drink liquor (You never do) Some violence you can get in fist fights some people taze you after fights And you hear multiple people cuss (one f-bomb) but over all is a fun must buy for fans of skating or gaming
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2010

Love it!

Love, love, love this game!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrPian0Man October 12, 2013

Really Common Sense Media?

Nothing Wrong With This Game. I Started Play Skate Series When I Was 7! This Game Is Not Inappropriate AT ALL. There Is MILD violence. Like falling off your skateboard and hurting yourself or the "hall of meat" challenges. I beat the whole game and haven't heard ANY swearing at all! maybe in the songs that play in the background but nobody really pays attention to them. I you seriously won't let your 10 year old get this than you are an outrageous parent.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2011

PLAY IT

Ok i am a 10 year old who loves playing skateboarding games. This is probably the best sports game ever made. I skateboard myself so the game was probably targeted towards people like me. The good sides are, that the game modivates you to keep going and never give up, also when teaching you real skateboard tricks. There are plenty of pro skaters you learn from in the game like Rob Dyrdek, Andrew Reynolds, Terry Kennedy and more. This game is spot on in my opinion so why not give it a try ?
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010

Fun, exciting game for 12 and up

I love this game. I think it is really fun and I've secretly always wanted to build a skate company. Although you can pick up your board and hit pedestrians over the head and then they say they're "Going to kick your a--".
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010

when does this come out

yes more skate wen is going to come out
Teen, 14 years old Written byandybravec July 20, 2014

glitches are cool but not realistic

well it meant to be a realistic skate game, but its not. well if you fall on your head from 100 meters the person in real life wouldnt look like a person anymore but like a pile of blood and broken bones. there should be blood in the game and when breaking a bone, the position of the broken part should be turned away and when falling from bigger heights the bone should broke open. also with that sounds of broken bones and screaming of the victim may be added and reaction to other pedestrians and skaters which would help him and call the ambulance. when being hit by the car, the driver should step out of the vehicle and ask if hes alright and if not he would also call ambulance. if you would drive over or hit the pedestrian he should scream of pain or revenge on you, but you should defend and rather help him and excuse for hitting him. those are my suggestions for more realistic gameplay and if you arent easily offended of some features, play it. its your choice to play or not play the game. dont listen to your parents. ALSO: age doesnt matter and violence as well. its you and your personality. Most 7 year olds that I heard were swearing so well language doesnt matter too. you might swear too when you fall on the asphalt and so people in this game do. althrough gameplay is cool