All member reviews for Skylanders Giants

Exciting action adventure with toys scanned into game.

Learning(i)

Parent Written byJen121314 February 17, 2013

Very creative, but a "Shoot 'em up" game for kids

My son is absolutely obsessed with this game. The story of the game and the characters are very creative and it is quite enticing how you can scan your characters into the game. However, that doesn't mean it's completely appropriate for young children. My son is currently 9 and I held off buying it for him as he begged for the last year. Yes, it is cartoon violence, but it is violence all the same. The only way to advance in the game is to smash/hit/throw/shoot/blow-up things and other creatures. It is true that there is no blood, and the characters don't "die"- they just need a rest, but does that teach our children anything better than some of the more adult games? In real life you don't "just need a rest" after being attacked. In light of everything going on in our country, I think we just need to be more conscious of desensitizing our children to violence of any kind. I heard Disney was coming out soon with a similar platform of "scanning" characters into the game. Let's hope theirs is not as violent.
Teen, 17 years old Written byqwerty keyboard December 28, 2012

Great game folks!!!

I love to play this game with my little brother. This game is fun, clever, and well-written. I hated the spyro's adventure thingy, but I love giants, because giants is much more fun and clever, while spyro's adventure was just kinda boring.
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2013

preety good :D

its fun cool easy but somtimes if you think about it it wasteds your money on skylanders but i love this game 4 stars
Teen, 13 years old Written byJediKnight5955 December 19, 2012

LEARNING

One of the best kids games out there

This game is really addicting and fun, and I highly recommend you should buy this for your kid(s). The only problem about this game is the fact that your kid(s) WILL, trust me, WILL want to buy more characters for the game. The characters range from about $10 to $20, and some of the more rarer characters can range to over $30 on Amazon/Ebay.
Kid, 9 years old December 14, 2012

Amazing but edgy

This game is amazing. However while cartoonish, the violence is to the max. You kill almost everyone in sight and Kaos is destined to kill all skylanders. The updates girl wears VERY revealing clothes. You have to buy more skylanders.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2012

here comes the giants

Skylander giants is a really fun game! There is only one thing that parents should be aware about...the consumerism, to get new character you need to buy the action figure which could cost about $10-$15.If your child wants to play this game let him play!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaang 123 November 14, 2012

the name

this is stratigy and learnig with fun
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil November 19, 2012

LEARNING

Awesome game, but can get expensive

First thing to say about this game is that it is awesome and that it is a truly great game for families to play with each other. There is only really one down side to the game and that is that it is not very long and it only ttakes a few days to complete. That said if you complete it once you unlock a new mode so then i suggest playing it through again. Also if you have not played through the first game of skylanders than it would be good to get that as well as then you can get a true sense of the story mode. Hope this info helped.
Kid, 8 years old February 18, 2013

Skylanders giants

Great monster masher game!
Kid, 9 years old February 27, 2013

skylanders

good gameplay but the controls are not very good.(for instince,you can't jump.)
Parent of a 8 year old Written byLots of Common Sense May 20, 2013

Great game, no violence.

Great for any kids 6 and up! Great message and easy to use, no guns make it a great choice!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFather of the Year May 20, 2013

Great for kids five and up.

Great for young children five and up. Characters never "die", they just get tired. Never any graphic violence and no guns or anything that resemble guns or bombs. Fosters great conversations between child and parent.
Parent Written byPreTeenMom May 20, 2013

Very cute game.

My two younger kids like this, seems to be fun for them. I do like the fact there is no violence of guns . . . some product placement, and you have to buy more characters. Otherwise, good for all ages, even the young girls!
Kid, 8 years old July 7, 2013

Fun game

Really good fun. Me and my friends play with it all the time.
Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2013

Not good for little kids

It is too violent for under 10's because they act the violence they see. I have seen a direct link in 3 children. But it is fun to play - but only until you've beat the game, then you lose interest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 9, 2013

Don't even BOTHER!

This game is TERRIBLE!
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

Little violent good for adventurers for justice

This game is epic. Several characters of the worlds elements have grew and smashed. Some settings may be upsetting including a crypt and battlefeild. Also skylanders release flashes of light when they take damage and have a health bar. They need a rest when run out of health and can't be used for the rest of the level. But it's easy to play and his really fun.
Parent Written byTheNOLIEREVIEWS February 26, 2013

LEARNING

for most ages ( a nolies review )

i think it is good but yo u really need to limit what you get your kids getting them if you had ones from spyro's keep um they work here too i say the only thing that you might want to buy is a few light core and a few giants if you didn't have spyro's before this buy at most 3 from each element and a few lightcore and giants i say but mostly two thumbs up
Teen, 15 years old Written bydantownr February 9, 2015

NOPE
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2014

LEARNING

Probaly the best Skylanders game, but pushy for some.

The developers have done a good job with Skylanders:Giants. But parents, be warned... this game is one of those beat-em'-up RPG games with plenty of violence that includes spears, fire, gunfire, swords, knuckles, bazookas, but at the same time, violent humor. The result? Well, this makes it more violent than the first game. But it is a great game, it really is. But yet again parents, you've been warned...