All parent member reviews for Skylanders Giants

Parent Written byJen121314 February 17, 2013

LEARNING

Very creative, but a "Shoot 'em up" game for kids

My son is absolutely obsessed with this game. The story of the game and the characters are very creative and it is quite enticing how you can scan your characters into the game. However, that doesn't mean it's completely appropriate for young children. My son is currently 9 and I held off buying it for him as he begged for the last year. Yes, it is cartoon violence, but it is violence all the same. The only way to advance in the game is to smash/hit/throw/shoot/blow-up things and other creatures. It is true that there is no blood, and the characters don't "die"- they just need a rest, but does that teach our children anything better than some of the more adult games? In real life you don't "just need a rest" after being attacked. In light of everything going on in our country, I think we just need to be more conscious of desensitizing our children to violence of any kind. I heard Disney was coming out soon with a similar platform of "scanning" characters into the game. Let's hope theirs is not as violent.
Parent Written byPreTeenMom May 20, 2013

Very cute game.

My two younger kids like this, seems to be fun for them. I do like the fact there is no violence of guns . . . some product placement, and you have to buy more characters. Otherwise, good for all ages, even the young girls!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFather of the Year May 20, 2013

Great for kids five and up.

Great for young children five and up. Characters never "die", they just get tired. Never any graphic violence and no guns or anything that resemble guns or bombs. Fosters great conversations between child and parent.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byLots of Common Sense May 20, 2013

Great game, no violence.

Great for any kids 6 and up! Great message and easy to use, no guns make it a great choice!
Parent Written byTheNOLIEREVIEWS February 26, 2013

LEARNING

for most ages ( a nolies review )

i think it is good but yo u really need to limit what you get your kids getting them if you had ones from spyro's keep um they work here too i say the only thing that you might want to buy is a few light core and a few giants if you didn't have spyro's before this buy at most 3 from each element and a few lightcore and giants i say but mostly two thumbs up