All member reviews for Skylanders Giants

Exciting action adventure with toys scanned into game.

Learning

Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2013

Very fun

Great game for kids and family.Not much violence,But may be intense for weak kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 9, 2013

Don't even BOTHER!

This game is TERRIBLE!
Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2013

preety good :D

its fun cool easy but somtimes if you think about it it wasteds your money on skylanders but i love this game 4 stars
Teen, 13 years old Written byJediKnight5955 December 19, 2012

LEARNING

One of the best kids games out there

This game is really addicting and fun, and I highly recommend you should buy this for your kid(s). The only problem about this game is the fact that your kid(s) WILL, trust me, WILL want to buy more characters for the game. The characters range from about $10 to $20, and some of the more rarer characters can range to over $30 on Amazon/Ebay.
Parent Written byJen121314 February 17, 2013

Very creative, but a "Shoot 'em up" game for kids

My son is absolutely obsessed with this game. The story of the game and the characters are very creative and it is quite enticing how you can scan your characters into the game. However, that doesn't mean it's completely appropriate for young children. My son is currently 9 and I held off buying it for him as he begged for the last year. Yes, it is cartoon violence, but it is violence all the same. The only way to advance in the game is to smash/hit/throw/shoot/blow-up things and other creatures. It is true that there is no blood, and the characters don't "die"- they just need a rest, but does that teach our children anything better than some of the more adult games? In real life you don't "just need a rest" after being attacked. In light of everything going on in our country, I think we just need to be more conscious of desensitizing our children to violence of any kind. I heard Disney was coming out soon with a similar platform of "scanning" characters into the game. Let's hope theirs is not as violent.
Kid, 9 years old September 2, 2013

Not good for little kids

It is too violent for under 10's because they act the violence they see. I have seen a direct link in 3 children. But it is fun to play - but only until you've beat the game, then you lose interest.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

Little violent good for adventurers for justice

This game is epic. Several characters of the worlds elements have grew and smashed. Some settings may be upsetting including a crypt and battlefeild. Also skylanders release flashes of light when they take damage and have a health bar. They need a rest when run out of health and can't be used for the rest of the level. But it's easy to play and his really fun.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2012

here comes the giants

Skylander giants is a really fun game! There is only one thing that parents should be aware about...the consumerism, to get new character you need to buy the action figure which could cost about $10-$15.If your child wants to play this game let him play!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaang 123 November 14, 2012

the name

this is stratigy and learnig with fun
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2014

LEARNING

Probaly the best Skylanders game, but pushy for some.

The developers have done a good job with Skylanders:Giants. But parents, be warned... this game is one of those beat-em'-up RPG games with plenty of violence that includes spears, fire, gunfire, swords, knuckles, bazookas, but at the same time, violent humor. The result? Well, this makes it more violent than the first game. But it is a great game, it really is. But yet again parents, you've been warned...
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonzer December 1, 2013

Great game with some mild cartoon violence.

Even though the game is suitable for a 6 year old and up, the game is still fun for all ages. You will want to buy more skylanders along with the game witch could cost much money. Also, one character has a power where he drinks a potion, ans then enters "Beast mode." This probably won't matter much because the game didn't mean for it to be a drug reference and.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Extremely Expensive and Childish

The game itself is extremely expensive to buy and then your children will be pestering you to buy the Skylanders figures for the 'Portal of Power' which will also cost you a great deal. The game is quite childish and not very violent at all. I would say the game is definitely too comical for kids over the age of 10. Kids that are growing up into teens will not like this game and will possibly get bored of it. Perfect for children 6-9 years old but extremely expensive.
Kid, 8 years old July 7, 2013

Fun game

Really good fun. Me and my friends play with it all the time.
Parent Written byPreTeenMom May 20, 2013

Very cute game.

My two younger kids like this, seems to be fun for them. I do like the fact there is no violence of guns . . . some product placement, and you have to buy more characters. Otherwise, good for all ages, even the young girls!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFather of the Year May 20, 2013

Great for kids five and up.

Great for young children five and up. Characters never "die", they just get tired. Never any graphic violence and no guns or anything that resemble guns or bombs. Fosters great conversations between child and parent.
Kid, 9 years old February 27, 2013

skylanders

good gameplay but the controls are not very good.(for instince,you can't jump.)
Parent Written byTheNOLIEREVIEWS February 26, 2013

LEARNING

for most ages ( a nolies review )

i think it is good but yo u really need to limit what you get your kids getting them if you had ones from spyro's keep um they work here too i say the only thing that you might want to buy is a few light core and a few giants if you didn't have spyro's before this buy at most 3 from each element and a few lightcore and giants i say but mostly two thumbs up
Teen, 17 years old Written byqwerty keyboard December 28, 2012

Great game folks!!!

I love to play this game with my little brother. This game is fun, clever, and well-written. I hated the spyro's adventure thingy, but I love giants, because giants is much more fun and clever, while spyro's adventure was just kinda boring.
Kid, 10 years old June 20, 2015

Nice game.

This game is nice. The game is easy to play or use, since you can choose your difficulty level, easy, normal, hard, or nightmare, which you unlock at the end of the game. A good game, but not really educational.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2015

LEARNING

You collect different toys to put on your ''Portal of Power'' so you could use them!

Its typically a game for younger kids!