All member reviews for Sleeping Dogs

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 15, 2012

Very graphic violence, sex, and drugs and drinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 August 19, 2012

Great game,but extremely mature.

I just got this game yesterday and I have only played an hour of it.And I can already say,theres tons of violence,bashing the nut bags out of people,decapitation and burning alive,theres torture,lots of language and implied rape and heavy sex.This game is only educational in showing the insides of people and showing children how life is in the cold underworld.But if your kid has played GTA or Mafia,then it's quite alright.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWwerobert1995 August 18, 2012

Like gta

Innapropiate but awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV August 15, 2012

Fun, but NOT for kids, to violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II August 15, 2012

This is a great fun game.

This game is fun but there is lots of violence like shooting, beating, and even shoving somones head into a rotating fan with lots of blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJester™ September 12, 2012

Mature, Violent Sandbox Title for Late Teens

Sleeping dogs is an outrageously entertaining sandbox game. It contains intense action, a great story with interesting characters and amazing gameplay. However, the violence is very bloody; the player can shove enemies into spinning fans, stab and shoot them, even slam them into a furnace and watch as the enemy burns to death. The cutscenes also contain graphic violence. Similar to games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, the player meets characters who can be romanced, however these turn out to be just flings as Wei Shen (the protagonist) meets the girl, goes on a date, sex is implied and then you never hear from the girl again. The game also features billboards of scantily clad women. Language is excessive with almost every swear word that could be used being used. There is also occasional drug use. Overall Sleeping Dogs is an intensely violent, mature, but definitely fantastic game appropriate only for those over the age of 16. (*NOTE* The Australian classification of Sleeping Dogs is MA15+ for Strong Violence, Crime Themes, Coarse Language and Sexual References) Jester's Rating 9/10
Teen, 16 years old Written bymr bannana September 4, 2012

fun but.....

i just got the game for me and my little brother ( hes only 12) and the half a hour we played it it was brutal and gory as i dont know what. the game has strong language sex and swearing. my parents know about it so i coudnt let my brother play it. the game is fun but not for kids under 13
Teen, 16 years old Written bydewdizzle October 27, 2012

aidfawd

i think its very good i own it up
Teen, 16 years old Written byTemkple101 September 26, 2012

Not for kids

Alot of violence and my couisn he is 9 he played it for like half a hour and he was scared. My sister played is she is 11 and she is alright great game not for kids:P
Teen, 17 years old Written bythecakeisalie May 12, 2013

sleping dogs

Fun for all ages
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 31, 2012

My Opinion

On= 12+, Pause= 10-11, Off= 9 and Under.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbadke12 September 16, 2012

Amazing game!

I love the game it's truly a work of art! What made it even better is I got it for free at: goo.gl/f3Iw8
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 26, 2013

Adrenaline soaked Hong Kong crime game.

Frequent, strong graphic violence, and swearing. Lots of martial arts combat, and shootouts. Also, being an open-world game, the player has the option to fight who they please, with brutal take downs like shoving someones head into a rotating fan. Language occurs frequently, f--k, c--t, and so much more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

With Sleeping Dogs, ultra violent action gaming comes of age.

Sleeping Dogs is personally one of the most awesome games I have ever played. The violence in this game is extremely bloody and brutal. Most of it is due to the melee fights in the game in which our protagonist kicks, punches and beats the crap out of thugs and gangsters. The fighting is completely martial arts style in which players bash the living hell out of bad guys with awesome punches, kicks, limb ripping and bone breaking finishers. The environmental kills form a large part of the violence, in which players can crush, impale, electrocute, hang etc. various thugs and goons. The game contains frequent use of F**k, Motherf**ker, C**t etc. Some scenes show players in night clubs though there is no actual nudity. Some hoardings and billboards show people in sexual positions. People are often showed smoking, drinking , consuming and smuggling drugs. On the whole Sleeping Dogs is a gripping game that redefines action gaming.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2013

epic video game

i think this is good for 13 cause mostly the violence im ten and i play it but just i think it would be okay for 11 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byrm7137 February 1, 2013

no need to question this game its simply a masterpiece

this is a great game coruption drugs sex violence run lose in the losly based hong kong it's time for you to go undercover. this game is great parents consider this an alternative to grand theft auto 4 as in sleeping dogs you play as a cop not a criminal who is trying to make his way to the top.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 15, 2013

Fun game, but not for all

A great game that will please many Grand Theft Auto Fans. This game does contain however lots of Violence, language, and some mild sexual stuff. The violence in this game is done in violent style of brutal takedowns and finshers that some may find to graphic. There is lots of language, but since this does have the GTA vibe it's no real surprise. Drug and Alcohol are referred to and used. There are some sexual references, but no real sex. Suggested MPAA- R: Strong Bloody Stylized Violence, Pervasive Language, Drug and Alcohol references, and Sexual References.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Epic Game but to Mature for Child Gamers

I'm only 10 and I thought this game was awesome. But this is really gory. Just as bad as Spec Ops: The Line. I assure if your child is mature and has played games like Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Spec Ops: The Line and so on this will be an okay game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykid-teenrater23 May 31, 2013

This game is pretty scary

This game is like GTA and it is pretty fun but although the environmental kills are useful but some are scary and gory. I would buy it for teens to buy this only if you are not scared of gore.
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2013

LEARNING

Good but has a lot of language so must it and turn off subtitles

This game is a high action game. The blood is normal you see blood when you do Kung fu or are in gun fights. The sexuel content. They have this club that you go in but there all dressed with no tight suits. The language is bad but you could just mute the tv. There's also subtitles but you could turn those off too. The drug you all it is is picking up a drug and handing it to someone but you don't Evan see it in your hand. Overall this is really a 11+ game but turn off the volume.