All member reviews for Sleeping Dogs

High-adrenaline adventure packed with blood, sex, and drugs.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 15, 2012

Very graphic violence, sex, and drugs and drinking.

Adult Written bythe wise one August 15, 2012

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

People should know that this game is a work of art. From the brightly lit neon signs of Hong Kong, to the gritty storytelling of the life of an undercover officer trying to infiltrate the Chinese Triads. Parents should know that this game is NOT appropriate for children whatsoever. The game contains frequent, graphic violence (hand to hand combat and gunplay), constant strong language (around 100+ F words), sexual dialogue, and references to drug use. The story is thrilling and engaging for mature audiences. Racketeering, violence, prostitution, gambling, and street racing are all explored in this game.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byAstro_nom_ickle January 1, 2014

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

While this is an awesome game for my partner, it's one of the few games that isn't played until my 10 year old is in bed. We swear in the house, and this game shocked even us. VERY strong language, as well as misogynistic, and violent interactions between characters. A very graphic game, perhaps not in terms of blood and gore, but definitely in terms of how much physical violence there is, and sexual dialogue.
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2013

Not as bad as grand theft auto WAY toned down

yes there are a lot of bad words but there is little drinking (its optional) and little adult content PLUS its really cool you get to do karaoke,kung fu,and awesome missions
Parent Written bydadoftheworld2 November 16, 2012

SLEEPING WRONG

Ok this is high up there where its really bad for kids.The reason why? because they use language like c*cksucker as$ b*tch son of a b*tch fck sh*t etc.Its also really violent because you can use the envorment around you like in one mission you can hang someone on a harpoon.There also was a scene were you are at a weeding and almost everyone gets murdered.Bad for kids!
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Epic Game but to Mature for Child Gamers

I'm only 10 and I thought this game was awesome. But this is really gory. Just as bad as Spec Ops: The Line. I assure if your child is mature and has played games like Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Spec Ops: The Line and so on this will be an okay game.
Adult Written byBuck Wheat December 6, 2012

More content info

There are also many billboards with girls in sex positions (bending over with a man behind them) and many billboards with girls scantily clad (girls in the process of taking off their few clothes).
Teen, 16 years old Written bymr bannana September 4, 2012

fun but.....

i just got the game for me and my little brother ( hes only 12) and the half a hour we played it it was brutal and gory as i dont know what. the game has strong language sex and swearing. my parents know about it so i coudnt let my brother play it. the game is fun but not for kids under 13
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 August 19, 2012

Great game,but extremely mature.

I just got this game yesterday and I have only played an hour of it.And I can already say,theres tons of violence,bashing the nut bags out of people,decapitation and burning alive,theres torture,lots of language and implied rape and heavy sex.This game is only educational in showing the insides of people and showing children how life is in the cold underworld.But if your kid has played GTA or Mafia,then it's quite alright.
Parent Written byRun boy run. August 15, 2012

Great but to much sex, swaering, and drugs

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 September 15, 2013

Fun game, but not for all

A great game that will please many Grand Theft Auto Fans. This game does contain however lots of Violence, language, and some mild sexual stuff. The violence in this game is done in violent style of brutal takedowns and finshers that some may find to graphic. There is lots of language, but since this does have the GTA vibe it's no real surprise. Drug and Alcohol are referred to and used. There are some sexual references, but no real sex. Suggested MPAA- R: Strong Bloody Stylized Violence, Pervasive Language, Drug and Alcohol references, and Sexual References.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

With Sleeping Dogs, ultra violent action gaming comes of age.

Sleeping Dogs is personally one of the most awesome games I have ever played. The violence in this game is extremely bloody and brutal. Most of it is due to the melee fights in the game in which our protagonist kicks, punches and beats the crap out of thugs and gangsters. The fighting is completely martial arts style in which players bash the living hell out of bad guys with awesome punches, kicks, limb ripping and bone breaking finishers. The environmental kills form a large part of the violence, in which players can crush, impale, electrocute, hang etc. various thugs and goons. The game contains frequent use of F**k, Motherf**ker, C**t etc. Some scenes show players in night clubs though there is no actual nudity. Some hoardings and billboards show people in sexual positions. People are often showed smoking, drinking , consuming and smuggling drugs. On the whole Sleeping Dogs is a gripping game that redefines action gaming.
Parent Written bycurlyfries May 13, 2013

sleeping dogs is cool

Best game ever made. So much fun.
Parent Written byyunosun May 12, 2013

best open world game out there

If your kids are mature enough to handle this game, or if they have other M games, it's fine to buy sleeping dogs for your kids. They will be happy if you do.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybuddistfriends May 12, 2013

Sleeping dogs review

My son plays this all the time, it really isnt that bad. There are some swears but there is an option to turn them off on the pc. Isn't graphic, all bodies/etc stay in one piece. This game is just like just cause 2. I highly recommend you buy this game. No sex/drugs.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2013

epic video game

i think this is good for 13 cause mostly the violence im ten and i play it but just i think it would be okay for 11 and up
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 31, 2012

My Opinion

On= 12+, Pause= 10-11, Off= 9 and Under.
Parent Written byjtrrocks5 December 30, 2012

Violence and language

I let my 13 year old son play this game. I've seen him play it. If he plays it in front of me, then it's not that bad. The main problem is the violence and language. You hear words such as f--k, s--t, and other curse words. A lot of the curse words are in Chinese but they put the subtitles if they are speaking Chinese. The violence is pretty bad. You punch, kick, and shoot people. There are also some attacks where you shove someone's head in a fan and blood squirts everywhere. Overall, maybe a mature 14 year old can play this.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydewdizzle October 27, 2012

aidfawd

i think its very good i own it up
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigbadke12 September 16, 2012

Amazing game!

I love the game it's truly a work of art! What made it even better is I got it for free at: goo.gl/f3Iw8