All member reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog

Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan November 3, 2010

BAD.

The glitches make the game difficult to play, and the story isn't that great either. The only thing good is the music, in my opinion.
Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

Sonic the Hedgehog? More like Sonic the Disaster

Thank you Spax3 for that title. Anyway, this game was way too flawed for me to enjoy. Okay, yes, I'll admit, the plot wasn't bad. I don't like Sonic getting involved with a human, though. (That and Sarah's a useless character anyway) Graphics are good, but some characters were altered such as Eggman. Silver is about the only cool thing about his game and his controls are awkward and all he can do is levitate objects. Worst thing of all is the loading screen. No matter what you do to get to another scene, there's going to be a minute and a half long loading screen that really takes the fun out of it because once the screen is gone, you'll feel less enthusiastic about getting to the next part. There are many other glitches but I just don't wanna get into them all.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Bad Game

Kids will blow this up!
Teen, 15 years old Written by#1friezafangirl January 20, 2012

Don't Say NO to Sonic '06!

This game is one word. AWESOME. I have it for the 360, have beat it probably 5 times, and it is awesome. It doesn't glitch at all on MY Xbox. Silver the Hedgehog is the best hedgehog EVER, and the game's story is fantastic. Violence: Mild but there's kind of some scary images. Sexual Content: Princess Elise hugs and makes out with Sonic. Educational: I learned what 'psychokinesis' meant! Positive messages:Sonic saving Elise, Silver doing everything to change his future even if it meant killing Sonic. Positive Role Models:Sonic comforting Elise. This game is great, so if you picked it up on the shelf and put it back, you don't know what you're missing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshockninja October 9, 2011

Sonic gets even MORE super!

This game was very good, but there are also many different problems with the game. One of the problems is that the dialoge is SO CHEAP! I laughed out lound in some parts because of it. There are some scary parts, such as firey and dark monsters. That may scare younger fans, gamers, and/or, players. Another stupid part is the human-hedgehog relationship thing. Other than that, nothing is really wrong with this game. You can get this game for under $20 at GameStop, so if you don't like it, you didn't really blow much money.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Stupid game!

This game is so wrong done this game shouldon't have camed out in 1990 not 2006 I only play it for 10 minutes with my little sister and (you need to keep saving Elise?) This game an't done right I hope it gets killed by Shadow the hedgehog.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2015

Worst game ever

I hate this game it is the worst. Also common sense an implied romance? She freakin kisses him!
Teen, 14 years old Written byVeggieTalesFanGirl00 March 2, 2015

Frightening Stuff

The main villain, Mephiles the Dark is basically too frightening for younger viewers because it is said that he is a demon hedgehog who took Shadow the Hedgehog's form through his shadow. It does show a bit of Silver's likeness towards Amy Rose. The scene where Shadow argues with Mephiles before the Phase 1 bossfight could get a bit tense.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

Not that bad

This game can be a little fun for some people, but others wouldn't enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPrequelHater878 September 10, 2014

THE WORST GAME OF ALL TIME

I am sure we have all heard why this game is bad, the horrible story, horrible controls etc. but that is all true. This is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, do not even think about getting it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRevampedstone0 March 16, 2014

Hide your wife and children.......

The "game" is a black hole waiting to suck your entire family in. The "game" has so many bugs it isn't even funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Messenger November 3, 2013

Terrible gameplay, Not too bad a plot

The gameplay is glitchy and the levels are hard. The game does, however, have an interesting plot that slowly unfolds over time. The game is pretty violent and mildly disturbing, though. Sonic actually dies at one point when he gets blasted by Mephiles, who, by the way, is creepy on his own. If you're just looking for a fun game to play, don't bother.
Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2013

this game has betiality

terrible with game with glitches and a sex scine
Teen, 13 years old Written bysonicdudeturbo35 August 2, 2013

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Review

Good Stuff: Somewhat Easy, Good Graphics, Good Gameplay, Fun Co-op Bad Stuff: Frustrating, Controls (For Others), Overwrought Story, Characters
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux says HAI!

Ok I get that you think this game sucks. Mostly because of the controls, how confusing the story is, and how ironic it is when you look away for one second and back to see princess Elise getting captured for the millionth time. But you have to admit (ignoring everything else) that the music was "enjoyable" and the courses were creative. I do admit that it's hard not to rage quit when the controls start to glitch and you have to wait for the loading screen to show up a thousand times before they let you continue from your last checkpoint. But I say: "No judging until you actually try it." unless it's really gross looking food.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLukepi May 20, 2011

Not exactly the Sonic I grew up with...

This game had great potential, but when it comes right down to gameplay, where it really counts, it fails to deliver. This game may be a bit poor, but it's not Terrible. there will probably be a few people who enjoy its bland story, glitchy gameplay and lengthy loading screens. at least the graphics, cutscenes and music are good...
Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2010

this is a good game nt educational but very fun

i like it because i like it and it makes my dad happy to see me happy my dad plays it with me a lot i mean the monsers are violent yes but look at the people they pick if the person looks evil tell them not to pick it dont be harsh kids are very sensetive are feelings get hurt easily im in the sixth grade and some kids are 10 who play halo now thats a bad game but in sonic there isnt any blood when the player dies he/she loses rings then the fall down or black out and start over they dont explode or get there bodies torn to pieces come on now be resonable get a piece of paper and watch your kids play write down how long they play and thewhats happening in the scene if he or she plays mor than one hour then youve got an addicted child me i dontlays games that much i only play them once every two mnths please reply abou what i just wrote you ight get some feelings at least.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2010

Not worth playing, but okay for kids

It is simply not fun, but there is no online connection that i know of. violent, but okay for 8 year olds. sonic is a good role model, he is mischievious, yet caring and good of heart. its simply a damsel in distress sort of thing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshadkittyforever March 3, 2010

this is one good game, although the camera are bad but its still a good game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySonic the Hedgehog August 20, 2009

Violence: Tons of violence in the storyline. Not a lot of violence in the levels. Disaster and Death Scenes. Sexy Stuff: There is a romantic relationship between Princess Elise and Sonic. There is also an implied romantic relationship between Silver and Blaze. Consumerism: It is Sonic the Hedgehog series. Bad Messages: Mephiles, Eggman, and Iblis are selfish and don't care who they harm to get their objectives. Mephiles deceives Silver to try to get Silver to kill Sonic. Good Messages: The friends of the three playable characters are loyal to them and always want to help. Role Models: Sonic and his friends fight to save time itself. Overall: Get the game that says "Platinum Hits." Some glitches are fixed in this version. This game is not bad at all. Reviews make this game sound terrible. It is not that bad. I bought it a year ago and STILL play it.