All member reviews for South Park: The Stick of Truth

Audacious, satirical RPG with mature themes to the extreme.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byKhuzy December 25, 2014

Not a kid's game

Hi I am 14 and I love this game and I think it is wonderful. But it isn't age appropriate. I mean if i had children I'd let them play Call Of duty or Halo or even Dead Rising but not this game. Especially if they haven't had the "talk" I mean the day your kid comes running to you and asks what a condom is you can blame this game. It has plenty of nudity and the violence can be mildy bloody at times. But for a immature 10 - 12 year old it can freak them out. And even when you do have the option to skip the sex scenes,whilst your playing the character are going to constantly be saying iffy stuff. I remember one part where cartman is fighting and said "go choke on condoms you faggot" and that kind of language is going to be constant. So no this is more then your average fighting game, sorry to all the kids reading this but no you shouldn't play this, there are plenty of other games you can play which are more fun than this.
Adult Written byripredrum November 28, 2014

Good, but inappropriate!

It's a great game, funny, relatable, somewhat easy, with just enough challenge! However, with alien rape scenes, abortion scenes, sex toys,climbing inside a man's anus to find a variety of things, and general things I wouldn't want to see, it is extremely inappropriate!
Teen, 17 years old Written byWolfteam1256 November 22, 2014

ok for a 12 yr old think agian parents

In this game there is lots of swearing and not a lot of violence and there is nudity and references but there is a setting were you can block the swearing and skip the missions with sex. The violence is wizard and made up style it's about a stick that controls a kingdom. It's not a bad game it's half of the show its like the family guy game but that's worse
Parent Written byEziotheAssassin November 18, 2014

Fun RPG game combined with extremely mature content from the controversial show.

All right, first things first - this is in NO WAY a kids game. This game is made by the creators of South Park, and they did not hold back on the humor and censorship, or lack thereof. Where to start? In terms of violence, it's brief but when it's there it is extremely brutal or graphic (or both). In terms of sexual/crude content or offensive content - it's all over the place. Alien anal probing, seeing your parents have sex and battling on their bed, with personal areas in view and playing a role in the battle, going into a man's anus, filled with sex toys and other phallic objects, to give an a abortion on a sentient bomb, giving an abortion to a man pretending to be a woman, extremely crude dialog and jokes. The abortion jokes will be offensive to some, and the game pokes many extreme jokes at religion, a little racism and even nazis. Language is everywhere, with the main character's name being Douchebag. This is South Park we're talking about so that shouldn't be a surprise. Sing it together now - fans of the show will like it. In that case, the only fans of the show should be kids well over 16, or even over 18. This is a game that really pushes the M for Mature rating, and should not be taken lightly unless you think your child is extremely mature and can really handle it.
Parent Written byrh3J9hBOIU November 12, 2014

Inappropriate

This game is inappropriate to ANY age of child.
Educator and Parent Written byHary Bern October 12, 2014

okay

ages 8+
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2014

roll models

I think its ok for kids 12+ because i mean these guys arent roll models everyone knows that, so if you start acting like them then take it away but if you don't repeat anything then its ok. yes it is a very graphic game with some gross stuff but its ok if you don't start acting like them.
Parent of a 3, 10, and 15 year old Written byagentmom June 28, 2014

Why are things that are so bad so good?

This might make me worst or best mom ever but I loved this game. I've never been a big fan of South Park but I picked this up after watching my stepson play the first part and laughing my head off with him. If you allow your kids to watch the TV show, it's only bit worse than that (the TV show at least has to abide by some TV restrictions). They certainly don't pull any punches and aren't afraid to go the extra steps for the "OMG did they just do that??" factor. Now, I don't want to be a downer or get to serious about South Park, but the issues they make fun of are real and people are sadly over sensitive, and while I'm sitting on the couch with my son busting up with him, I'm also turning to him and saying "Don't you dare go to school and repeat this!" I also made sure I called his friend's parents and get their okay to let them play it. Here are the worst things parents should know that are in the game: Full nudity, sex scenes, scenes of abortion and of dead fetuses, forced sodomy fully shown, depictions of gay/lesbian couples, drug/alcohol use, satanic cults (and finding Jesus), lots of violence (hilarious, brutal cartoon violence with horrible weaponry), and exposure to Al Gore. Other than that, it was a great bonding experience with my son, and maybe.. just maybe it may have taught him something about social issues. Just kidding.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeter Griffin June 21, 2014

One of the BEST GAMES EVER!!!

It isn't for kids but it is an awesome game. Everything in this game is fun. If this game is rated M for Mature then why should some scenes be censored in Europe and Australia.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2014

Good Game but very inapproparitate.

its very gross when circum scythe and these f__ck words BUT very nice game and good story aswell but that sex when gnomes did it was very very very gross but it has real world situancions.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAnoymous Child June 4, 2014

For responsible kids

Probably not for most kids but surely for the most mature
Teen, 13 years old Written byno_such_thing May 30, 2014

Depending On Your Maturity and What You Already Know

I've known for a long time what some 'bad' things were because of my older brothers and I've watched South Park with them since I was little but I never expected it to be this nasty. I like how you can be a part of the game but it was disappointing you couldn't be a girl in the game you could just dress up as one , but going on it had very inappropriate scenes that little kids should not know about I recommend this game for at least 13+ , It's just not good to have a younger child play this became they made start telling other people inappropriate things, unlike teens knowing right from wrong some just choose to make the bad decision. Overall it's a fun game, even for a girl, I just recommend it to more of teens and adult gamers' instead of younger kids
Kid, 9 years old May 30, 2014

South Park: The Stick of Truth

This video game is one of the best ever. It allows you to be transferred into the world of South Park and even lets you meet the characters. There is a bit of sex, of course, but not a lot. It's not very violent; the severity is cartoonish. There's quite a bit of swearing. Of course, it's ok for kids. THINK AGAIN, PARENTS!
Parent Written byCovertgamer May 27, 2014

Definately not for kids

This game is halerious and clever but should never be let played by under 17 year olds
Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2014

tween thing

I realy think 2 play the game you first have 2 watch the tv show and then understand what well u know thingy is
Educator and Parent Written byUseCMUseMe April 21, 2014

Great for exploring

I have a son who is 12(March 23 2002) and he came to me and my husband Mark and he asked Mom could I get this game with my birthday money?!? Because it is a "M" rated game we needed to look into it. After looking into it we decided that ok son you can get this game if you are not always like they do in this game. So we drove down do the store and he bought the game I was wondering if this would as bad as the tv show, we let him watch the show it's not actually that bad, so then he played the game and there was only one or two bad scenes in this (no privates are shown are anything like that). So in the end my son has stopped talking about the wildest thing and is having a lot of fun. This game is probably 12 and up. The rating M is for the "Fantasy Violence" and the blood that shows in a "battle". I hope this helped you.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byTheHelpfulParent36 April 21, 2014

Good for a tween

This game is base on the show South park, so I think that since I let my kids watch the Simpsons it's not that bad actually. There is some swearing, but swearing isn't bad if you don't repeat it towards someone. This game has only really one bad scene and it's not even graphic (it's still only a cartoon). At the start I was a little worried but I watched my son play the first "mission" and it was not really bad at all. You get to pick what your character looks like and even I though that was pretty cool. Thank you
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrennan.howse April 8, 2014

The Good And The Bad

im 13 years old and just beat south park the stick of truth and i found it a really fun game BUT........... there are somethings in the game i thought wow i did not need to see that for example you need to do a mission were you get taken to a space ship and see a penis shape probe going in to peoples butts then you are put on a table and a white one go's in you butt then you need to mash certain buttons then it brakes and a larger black one comes and that just wrong and mean to black people. then the next night you shrink and need to fight elves and in the backround you see your parents haveing sex then you get closer to them and you see boobs going around the screen and get hit by your dads balls.And later in the game there are zombies not just any zombies nazi zomebies and at this point i thought ok this is pushing it then the zombies start to say parts of things hitler has said and there a lot more bad stuff. But the good part of the game was some of the jokes some were bad and some just mad me laugh really hard .
Teen, 13 years old Written byMalachiT March 27, 2014

Too much innapropriate content

THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN EDITED ON 8/4/14. Reason: No Message There are many scenes which is inappropriate. There are scenes of naked people, family sex, and a man on horse sex. There is strong language. You also do abortions. The reason Christmas music was on there was because it was released after Christmas, and was being made on Christmas. Please for 18+!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylenicemaymayman March 21, 2014

SOUTH PARK SEASON 18!

Funny. Genius. Gross. Unnecessary dumb gnome scene. Easy. Fun. Great piece of satire. It's super cereal!