All teen and kid member reviews for Spec Ops: The Line

Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2012

great game

teaches kid the true horror of war and it's moral and civillan casulties
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2013

What a Journy!

Ok, three parts for this review. First, the game. This game is one of the greatest games of the year. The way the story develops is amazing and you are always on edge. Take notes, Gears of War. Next, why your kid should play this game. This is amazing for learning. This is what war is. People die. It's not the joyful awesome feel you get when you get a killstreak in Black Ops. This is the "Oh No!" feeling you get when your comerade dies in the Palace mission of Modern Combat 2, only every time someone dies. This game makes you learn morals and how to see what war is really like. Fnally, why your kid shouldn't play this game. No matter what your kid is used to, the violence will surprise them. There are large amounts of gore like in Darksiders II, only it's very realistic. There is also alot of cursing. To wrap this up, I say this is an amazing experience that is necessary for growing up, but only to teens and older tweens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelton W August 31, 2012

LEARNING

Too Much?,Too Realistic For Young Teens?

The one thing about Spec Ops:The Line is that it is a very gory game,and the blood and battle environment makes this one of the most realistic war games i have ever played.It is a fun game,no doubt,but there is alot of language in this game,i wish they had in the settings where you could turn the language off(like MW2,MW3,Black Ops).If you want to find a decent,pretty clean war game,go look into Modern Warfare 2,that game actually has the option of turning the language off,and blood.But i think Spec Ops:The Line would be ok for a mature teen 16 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 24, 2015

Spec Ops: The Line

THIS IS THE MOST VIOLENT GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED (ALSO THE MOST DISTURBING. No sex. No drinking. LOTS of language maybe 100 uses of f*ck, 2 of c*nt, 20 goddamns, 300 shits. An army uses prosperos gas which burns its victims alive, what they dont realize is the people were good that they killed, you can shoot heads of enemies, a man burns alive, 1000s of enemies die, the soldiers are CONSTANTLY getting hurt... If it were a movie it would be rated R for strong nonstop violence and for strong pervaisve language. Ok for 15+
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2014

Not for little kids.

Sorry kids but no Spec Ops for you I'm afraid. I'm not the bad guy here, but the Gore is strong in this game and will give you nightmares. People shown dead on the ground and hanged by their neck in the sky. People's heads blown off. No, not for little kiddies. I played this when I was 11 and if my Mom saw that Gore and blood. She would have grounded me with no violent games for two weeks.....probably. Anyway, I beat this game in two days and I liked it. Except for the Gore and all. But, not for 12 year olds, maybe when there mature enough.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEziotheAssassin May 13, 2013

Violent, gory game with dark and depressing themes. *SPOILERS*

This game, while it may be a great, dark story, is incredibly violent and gory. Moral choices that always lead to bad endings will leave you hating himself. Some of the cutscenes and disturbing violence will make A Clockwork Orange look tame. One sequence (spoilers) has the choice to take on an army in a huge, frustrating gunfight to get to the civilians, but the other choice is to launch mortars filled with white phosphorus, later having you walk through the wreckage and burning bodies begging for mercy. As you go to save the civilians, you realize that the phosphorus hit the civilians and has burned about 50 innocent people, two people, mother and daughter, holding each other with frozen screams on their faces. The dialog eventually leads to stressful swearing and shouting, leaving a feeling of unease. Tons of blood spills out when you shoot one shot in someone, while shooting the head will end in a bloody explosion with a neck stump with a bone sticking out ever so slightly. Lots of bloody aftermaths seen on-screen frequently. This game is still great, as dark as it was.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2012

not for kids

saw my dad play it and the first word i heard was fu-k. next thing i saw was an intensly bloody and disfigured soldier fall out of a banged up truck, causing the bad-mouthed reaction. i hear its good, but definately not for kids my age.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPart IV August 7, 2012

Dark, violent, and very mature shooter that is not for anyone under 17.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II August 7, 2012

Very mature shooter.

Theres alot of horrific violence in this, its not for anyone under 17.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III August 7, 2012

Why!

This game is incredabley violent, people are shot in the head, burned bodies, hanging coarpes, and lots of profanity to.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 1, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS!

This is not a game for kids, people are shown hanging from ropes, heads explode when shot, and blood and gore coats the floors and walls, its not for kids at all theres some pretty messed up stuff in here.