All member reviews for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

High-flying action that grows repetitive quickly.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpartan B12 April 13, 2012

Great game

I loved Web of Shadows as a kid and I think it is great fun for any Spider-Man fan. However it does involve mature content. E.G. (SPOILER ALERT) when the city is over run with alien parasites, which infect or kill civillians. The infected's apperance does not really differ from Venom, Carnage or Anti-Venom. I think it is a excellent game, but not for under 10s.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysaakar January 13, 2010

perfect for all ages

well i think this is the best spiderman game so far, and i have played all of them, the highlights of this game are that they actualy added a couple more bridges other than just that one into this game, i bought this game a few months before we actually went to nyc for the first time and i found out how inaccurate the city is in all the games except spiderman 2, the violence isnt to bad niether is the language, but black cat is kinda flirtacious in this game, its a pretty good game overall so i would reccomend it to people of all ages
Adult Written byStarZero December 5, 2009

Not bad

The gameplay is nice, there are multiple ways to tell the story. Some of the 'black suit' attacks are rather brutal, but not so much so as to detract from Spidey's usual vein. As to the 'consumerism', most billboards are just reverences to companies that feature in Marvel comics.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpidey November 6, 2008

Best Spidey game ever!

The swinging is fun, fighting is the best I've seen in any superhero game and the story is long and good. 4 different endings gives you 4 times replay value and if your like me you'll replay it like 805415460525405010 times just to play the game again. The boss fights are great and the but the last boss was to easy so yeah. all in all I say if your a Spidey fan then buy this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMike2223 July 29, 2013

Only for Big Kids and teens.

Now this Is the Best spider-man Game So Far Now yes it's Violent and It's T For Teen. But it's Fun and Awesome and It's For Teenagers and Big Kids To Play. & that Church Looks Neat with the Bell & Angel Statue.
Adult Written byBroncoDude10001 December 31, 2012

Decent game, but overwhelming sex content ruins it.

CSM's review of this game is not accurate. That is the first thing I would like to point out. The area where it fails to give correct information is in the "Sex" category. They don't even give it one dot, saying the only thing to worry about is "mild flirting between Spiderman and Black Cat". That is sorely wrong. I bought this game because I thought it would be okay based on the review from Common Sense. It is not. First, the flirting between Spidey and Black Cat is much more than mild, it is highly suggestive. Secondly, Black Cat's outfit is extremely revealing, similar to the outfit of Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City. I wanted to be able to play as Spiderman, not be exposed to the stuff of promiscuous "gentlemen's clubs". It is rather disturbing to me that 1) the game developers would even put this in a game, and 2) that Common Sense Media would seemingly overlook it. Otherwise, this game is fun enough, though as other have said it gets repetitive. Ultimately though, the bad outweighs the good, and I'll be looking for other options.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCraig Hazelmann May 26, 2012

Fine By Me

This is an OK game for kids over the age of 11 because of the violence, but other than that it is fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLegend736 March 6, 2012

you mean Nintendo DS,not Nintendo 64

nintendo 64 came out in 1996!!!!! it surprises me that CSM hasnt corrected that yet.
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2012

One of Spider-Man's best games!

This game is awesome but still has a lot of violence in it, which makes it nice.There's Black Cat, she wears a suit that most people can see her,"You-Know-What". It's notfully shown, though. Spider-Man tries to save his City which is nice.The only language used is "Hell", "Dam-", and"A--",but they are used briefly.You can also create rampage throughout the city which is funny and sweet, you can change your outfit to Red Spidey costume (Good), or Black Spidey costume (Evil).That's actually why it got a T rating, for all the violence.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2011

REVIEW 1. freedom 5/5 In this game you can do almost anything to anybody which is cool you can go from throwing mailboxes at enemys to making cars explode it has no time limit to have fun and the craziest thing is your getting rewarded for being a jerk and blowing up cars and letting hurt civilians die! Basicly you get red suit points for doing good and you get black suit points for doing bad which is totaly messed up Spidy's sposed to be controling his black suit not going crazy with it in the movie; no wonder MJ hated his black suit 2. Story 4/5 MJ hates you because he wears his black suit because she's worried he'd go crazy and he pritty much does it without her later in the game humans start turning symbiotic and climbing walls and buildings trying to kill you and police appear out of nowhere and see you fighting with them so they shoot you don't you thing the police would understand if these people start climbing walls and you don't have to have a backwards football jersy to be evil. I think New York should hire some new cops. 3 controls 4/5 The controls worked pretty well in this game with one bad exeption of the dragon's lair cutscene which means moving with the story in cutscene form. 4.Cool nes 5/5 Coolest looking game I've ever seen you can even get cool upgrades to your attacks the webstrike or cannonball attacks were the best but the coolest attack was the tendril or as I like to call it tenticle attack Replibility 5/5 After you defeat the game it will instantly go to the credits which stunk there was about a million sidequests to explore during the game! If I were those creators I'd just let spidy run around causing mischief to the town and destroying people's cars. But it still deserves 5/5
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011

This is a good game but is violent. venom is turning good,bad, and plain people is turning people into symbiotes. Spiderman can make a choice beetween good and bad. If your fighting symbiote wolerine you can let him get it off or litterly rip him into 2 parts. You have to fight venom,black cat,vulture,electro and others. Overall good game but most violent spiderman game ever. p.s. wolverine being ripped apart dosnt show anything that looks like it came out of Gears of War.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoss67 February 12, 2011

Perfect for teens.

Though the messages are relatively positive, as Spider-Man attempts to save New York from a Symbiote invasion, there instances of violence, such as a scene where Spider-Man rips Wolverine in half, can get a little intense for smaller children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonicSpeed360 October 21, 2010

Pretty fun and no major violence.

Review: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows-Amazing Allies Edition for Playstation 2 Spider-Man WOS for the PS2 is a 2.5D beat-em-up. Spider-man goes around New-York beating up thugs and other people who have been infected by the Symbiote(A parasitic lifeform that attaches itself to Spider-Man) invasion, which is the main object of the game's plot. Spider-Man has dozens of attacks that he can use to take out those who stand in his way. When hit, Spider-Man and his enemies will let out some yelps or moans, and also a small, unrealistic cloud of red or black appears. When talking to people, you can choose a Red or Black answer(the Black Answer is more menacing). At one point you encounter Black Cat who wears a suit that reveals small cleavage, but nothing that you wouldn't see on a movie or TV show. Depending on the player's choices throughout the game, you can choose to either save the city and do wht's right, or take over the city and mainly act upon the will of the Symbiote. The game really isn't that bad in terms of safety, and it can get enjoyable. However, if you have any Next Gen consoles, go for those versions, but be aware that that version boasts the T rating, unlike the E10 rating of the title I just reviewed.
Adult Written byiatecheese May 6, 2010

awesome

Even though I easily beat it fluently in four days, I thought that this was a totally different Spider-Man experience (it's T, but what kind of teenager would play Spider-Man? Settle down, ESRB!) I give it an E rating because the violence was a little strong and they said the word "hell" sometimes. Nothing wrong, a great game.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2010

awsome

people say this games sucks but i rented this game and i loved it ps: im a huge spiderman fan no kidding but i think this is for ages 10 and up
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 13, 2009

Good for tweens!

Great game, I strongly recommend this game for tweens and teens!
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2009

awsome

a great game for spidey fans 10 or above a villent game but spidey helps by doing it. the game shows spiderman second sturgle with the black suit you pick the choices he makes thourout the game the constent desicion is red or black evil or good