All teen and kid member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants: The Battle for Bikini Bottom

Teen, 15 years old Written byMarioSonicStarFox August 1, 2011

Very enjoyable Spongebob videogame

Spongebob: Battle For Bikini Bottom is a fun, easy game that you can just pick up and play when you're in the mood for some silliness. Spongebob and his pals engage in some fights with robots and occasionally other things like jellyfish, but it's just over the top and not graphic in the least. Spread throughout the game are puzzles and minigames, which probably won't challenge older kids or adults, but might be a little challenging for younger kids. Also of note is the game's open ended design, you can unlock several levels and complete them in whatever order you like, and you can even explore the main hub, which has many secrets and surprises. The graphics faithfully capture the look of the show, though some of the characters look sort of ugly to be blunt. The music in the game is nothing special at all, but it won't grate on your nerves or anything. Some of it is even somewhat pleasant. Most of the voice actors from the show are here, and they do an amazing job. Usually in these video games based off of cartoons the characters are either voice by mediocre replacements or the actors sound dull, as if they're being forced to do this job. But that's not what's going on here, they sound happy and excited, just like in the cartoon. Mr.Krabs and Mermaid Man are voiced by different people, although the people doing their voices are OK. Overall, this is a great game for kids and even older kids will probably have a good time playing it like I did. For those of you who are weary of these videogame adaptions of cartoons, which usually aren't very good, I can assure you this is definitely one of the best ones out there. There isn't anything offensive in this game, except for some mild cartoon violence as mentioned above. With that said, there's nothing particularly educational going on here, either. The best messages you could take of this game are the usuals: good always beats evil, always do your best to fix your mistakes, etc. But overall, this is a very enjoyable videogame.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2010

Wait.. Currency is a problem?

I honestly played for a lot of times , there is a bit of violence when fighting and stuff , but it isnt so bad , i mean , the Sims 2 , heck , that stuff is just ... M.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

Good game

i think it's weird how Common sense media forgot to put that the game is also for xbox ( Not the xbox 360 or Xbox one ) Also this game has Cartoon violent and i recommended this game for people 9 and up. I do like it how it's a LONG game and all of that. I still play it :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byDoritos-6 July 7, 2013

Great Video Game

On 10-17 Pause 8-9 Off 2-7
Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) September 29, 2012

Spongebob The battle for Bikini Bottom

I have that game. Violence: Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy destroy all the robots. Language: They don't curse but thay say dope, stupid, and shut up.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2010

SpongeBob SquarePants: The Battle for Bikini Bottom?

It is a very fun game. There is violence in the game, but only like when you're fighting the robots. Spongebob takes responsibility for the mistake he thinks he made, which I really liked. And it's funny when for the fact you need underwear to stay alive. And the characters' abilities are cool. Very fun game.
Kid, 8 years old March 27, 2010

ALL AGE'S OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is "E" and nobody forget it
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

One of the Best 3D Platformers

Battle for Bikini Bottom is my pick for the best 3D platformer of all time. Heavy Iron has created a fun fast paced game that will appeal to fans of the show. It features great dialogue and the platforming and missions are top notch.The game features the same silly and crude humor of the series. Violence is pretty low and is slapstick and cartoonish with most of it involving smashing up robots. There is hidden adult humor like in the cartoon and it does feature many insults like in the series including idiot, stupid, dumb, moron, and so on. Background characters are sometimes beaten up by robots in a cartoonish fashion but none of this is taken seriously in the game. The game gets pretty difficult as it progresses and this is why I give it a 7+. Overall, this is worth checking out as this is one of the best licensed games I have ever seen.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeter Griffin May 31, 2014

Best Spongebob Game

It is a great game. But it does have violence.
Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2013

best game eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!!!!!!!

I love this game. I alreday beat it.(sorry for the spelling). anyway the game has the 2 F's: funny, fun. (P.S. the last thing you have to do is beat a big spongebob robot. the first thing is to do is hit the buttons ( I beat that all reday. next is to hit the brain.(my bro helped me with that). :) :) :) :) :) (P.S.S. I played this on the game cube.:) :) :) UPDATE 10/14/13: I know another game just like this. I think I got this for my 9th birthday,and it's just the same but, it was the Spongebob movie game for GameCube. i put down the $ because it part of spongebob stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 23, 2013

OMG this is the best PS2 ever

I love this game its just so fun to play. A 2 year old probably wouldn't know how to play it but I just put 2+ because I love the game so much.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2013

E-E10+

Not learn and more like E10+ Due to some more iffy violence then usual.
Teen, 17 years old Written byg1a2b3e4 January 1, 2013

LEARNING

Spongebob battle for bikini bottom

under age 2-15 on age 16 over age 17-18
Teen, 13 years old Written by64 September 29, 2012

Spongebo the battle for Bikini Bottom

Best for 2nd Graders. Good game. My rating: E for Everyone Violence and Mild Language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLinter May 28, 2012

LEARNING

Moderate violent (strong for kids uunder 4)

Harsh a bit
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2011

ladys and gentelmen welcome to the best game ever created

the best game ever created is a spongebob game. that was a twist wasent it. this game fetures amazeing gamplay for all kids of all ages since it is a platformer u have lots of jumping, enemys , and hazards to stop u from beating the game. is it a hard game well not nessicarily some of the levels can be challangeing. its a good game with a good purpose..... to entertain your child :D theres only 1 problem tho weres the sequel to the greatest game ever made ???
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub May 18, 2011

Fun, easy, and appropiate.

It's fun, Spongebob is there to defeat evil robots who are invading the Bikini Bottom, he takes responibility for a action he thinks he has made and trys to fix it, Which teaches kids a lesson, It's also just fun kids will play this game for hours as i did a couple years ago; Altogether it's a fun game.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2010

Spongebob Squarepants: The Capturing of a very good Game!

This was a very fun, easy, and zany game for me! There were so many interesting battles and so many ways that I could win! It was also creative with its variety of abilities! I definitely recommend that you try this game because it will definitely be worth the money.
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2010

Awsome

This game is so fun. I play it for hours every day. I still didn't beat it but my mom did. It is like imposible to find the lost socks and defeat mermadmans time on the slide but it is awsome. It may scare little kids cause the robots sometimes are scary.
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2010

for those who arent too scared

i never played it before except on my windows 98. it didnt work sadly.