All teen and kid member reviews for Spore Galactic Adventures

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2013

LEARNING

An Addictive Creative Outlet Worth Your Time

The original Spore revolutionized the simulation game genre, with its scientific inspiration, comedic personality, and near-limitless options. The expansion pack, Spore: Galactic Adventures, expands on the creative nature of its predecessor with its adventure creator, which allows you to create entire planets populated with anything you or anyone else can imagine. Even if you don't like the Space Stage in Spore, get the expansion for this alone. GA also introduces new clothing parts for your creature, with laser guns and the always-fun jetpack. Unfortunately, if you go into this thinking you can create absolutely anything with little to no effort, you'll be disappointed. Want to create a T-rex in your world that doesn't breathe fire? Too bad. It's minor issues like the annoying Epic system (creatures of a certain size will automatically become Godzilla-sized, fire-breathing monsters) are rare, but still stand out in an otherwise great expansion. If you liked the original Spore, or just the Space Stage, I recommend this expansion. Just don't expect perfection.
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2015

One of my favorite games when I was younger, I still sometimes play it now

OMG. This is what I played alot of during my child hood. I love how it illustrates the aspects of evolution and life in the campaign mode. However, I love making new worlds in the adventure creator. It is very alien and space like.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 20, 2014

Fun expansion pack amps violence, requires less thinking

Spore Galactic Adventures adds a new perspective to your galaxy, although it's less educational and unique as it's base game, Spore. In this expansion pack, you control the space Captain in a number of missions in a 3D world. A majority of these are wars in which you use guns to defeat an enemy, but some challenges include mazes and races. The violence is about the same amount found in the original spore, although battles may seem a little more chaotic with the addition of vehicles. You are able to create your own missions, but due to the limited nature of the game, it is difficult to make something inappropriate. Be careful of the community created missions because they can sneak in something relatively inappropriate, but places can be reported for offensive content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byihatethisgame1210 March 1, 2013

LEARNING

SPORE JUST GOT WAY BETTER! THIS GAME IS LIKE A BAUS!

This game is baus!!!!! dont look at my username, because I LOVE THIS GAME! the only thing is you can make it as violent as you want, (without really any blood/gore) because some user-made levels are scary and violent.(and some have bad words, too) you can make the enviroment rich, the creatures realistic and detailed(if you're skilled and creative) and all in all this game might be the best game i've ever played.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCjbear_10 June 26, 2009

Entertaining, but possibly inappropriate

This is a hard game to rate, considering that it is up to the players to make missions. A player could make an inappropriate mission or creature. Maxis can ban a player for this, but with so many creations, some may slip through. Most missions involve violence, but little other questionable contet. I have encountered one use of a**, but it was by a brazilian, which may be a lighter cuss-word there, but I don't know. A strange deal was made for this; Robot Chicken missions. Why Maxis would have Robot Chicken make missions I don't know, but they are seperately rated (T). The missions are also downloaded optionally.