All member reviews for Spore

This exceptional evolution sim is a masterpiece.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byEvolute Creator April 18, 2015

SPORE™ is great!

SPORE™ is definitely NOT a waste of money. The game is following not a single avatar, but an entire species, through its evolution. You control a unicellular organism in the cell stage, where you can kill creatures, and they have a small explosion of fake-looking blood. You can mate in the first two stages, but al that is shown is a dance with creatures swooning. You have a choice to fight or make friends. In the later stages you can burn down buildings. In the tribal stage, if you choose to get violent instead of friendly (my usual choice), you will bloodlessly kill tribe members and destroy their huts. in the civilisation stage, you can attack cities and blow up their buildings. Same in the space stage. I hope I didn't make this sound too violent, I would only give it one out of five violence, and you do not have to fight.
Parent of a 11 year old Written by3Grietsion3 September 26, 2014

LEARNING

Why do 2,603 Amazon Reviewers give this only 1 star??

Out of 3,335 reviews, with 5 being best, there are 2,603 one star reviews. So, why does this website give it high ratings? I have to go with the Amazon reviewers. Visit Amazon for detailed reviews....
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2014

LEARNING

space stage is fun and hard

In Spore you go through many stages and the stages are cell stage, creature stage, tribe stage, civilization stage, and space stage. But, the space stage is so hard because you have to go to different star systems in a whole galaxy and there are a lot of star systems. Do not worry if you get lost because there is a sigh that shows your home planet. You can also get a thing that you can place on a planet to make a city on a planet that is not claimed. You can also make friends in the game to trade with and go on missions. The space stage is cool and hard at the the same time.
Adult Written byZagofar666 July 6, 2014

LEARNING

Why is everyone on this site so paranoid!?!

Every day, my kids go to school, and at least 2-3 times a week, they tell me that someone in their class swore, fought or was generally nasty to some else. Spore is about 60 percent less... "Inappropriate" then school. Just turn on the buddies option and you will be fine
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 20, 2014

Great Albeit Simple

Spore is an extremely fun civilization sim that allows you to create your own species and watch it evolve. Spore is far from realistic (scientists have reviewed the game) and a bit simplistic, but this simplicity allows young players to easily grasp the concepts of the game. There is a considerable amount of violence that is optional depending on how you build your character. If you are a carnivore, you are going to need to kill other animals for food although you might need to defend yourself as a herbivore. You can kill other species by fighting with fists. Each hit sprays a very small amount of green alien blood. When an animal dies, you can eat them, although there is no gore in the animation (you scope the body with your hand and eat an invisible substance). The animal then fades away. In the tribal stage of the game, you can create bows and arrows and spears to fight enemies or wild animals, although the violence is still as middle in creature stage. In the civilization/space stage, you can create and pilot ships, planes, and vehicles that can destroy other cities. At one point late in the game, you can buy a device that can blow up an entire planet. Even though you can use these weapons of mass destruction, you are encouraged to ally with other nations. It is much harder to be a military state in the game. Other than the mild violence, you can also reproduce in the first three stages of the game. The first two stages show two creatures dancing (but never touching each other) with hearts around them. The screen fades and an egg appears. In the tribal stage, you can click an egg button on a hut to add a member of the tribe causing an egg to roll out of the hut. Overall Spore has a tad bit of violence, but the creativity, thinking, and strategizing in the game make up for this. You can play the entire game without hurting anyone and be successful. Older players (around 12+) will notice patterns in the gameplay mechanics quickly making the game seem easy, but I loved this game when I was ten.
Teen, 14 years old Written by1visualFXguy May 15, 2013

A cute, fun, interesting game by Will Wright!

SPORE is an awesome game, because I have always liked made-up creatures. Language : None. Violence : Creatures can kill other creatures. Sex : Creatures mate with each other but nothing is exactly shown. Nudity : None. Drinking, Drugs & Smoking : None. Christian Beliefs : The game is about evolution which is kind of bad and you can become Omnipotent when in space stage, but you are not being worshipped in any way, shape, or form! This is a good game, especially if you like creatures as much as I do!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysilvonadux March 19, 2013

silvonadux

I am sorry if you don't agree with me when I say this but if you are christian, I wouldn't let my kids play this until they know evolution is not true. (not that I WANT kids) But about the game, It is VERY fun. You get to start out as a little cell guy and play up to "Evolve" into a creature on land. Eventually you move to a tribe and then start developing a city. Then go explore space. Don't worry. You can skip some of those steps if you want to speed up the process. This game isn't short. Believe me, it was worth the $20 I spent.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLargoAllegroModerato November 9, 2011

Great family game

I played this with my friend and we used to evolve through each stage until we got to the Tribal stage. Then it gets hard... very hard.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2011

I love the game!

I love the game!You can create anything you want and have fun!Theirs some mating in it,but they wont do it,they just dance around and you see your creature lay an egg.Some violents is in it,nukes,tanks,animal attacks,and lasers.Educational things are the many animal behaviors,how a civilian acts in wars,and exploring the vast lands and space!I havent played the game in a LONG time because Im having trouble installing it to my new computer :(
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2010

mainly for tweens but it's not bad

its a really fun game it's good and easy to play it teaches you how evolution could have happened and at the end of civilization stage all of your species is united (unlike humans) but there is still violence but seriously it says there is animated blood but i think only in the cell stage really i don't think it really needs to be rated E10 i think its on for 7+
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2010

perfect game

the game is any way you like. Don't want you kid to kill that creature tell him or her that. the games all about choices. good ones of bad ones can be made
Kid, 8 years old February 6, 2010

Good

i LOVE the game except it crashed my computer...twice
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2010

Great

I played this game and loved it!!! you can barley see blood very educational no sex and barley any violence but the violence is for kids under 5 to copy the violence
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2009

Great for kids 8 and up

All my friends love Spore and I do too! You can get lots of parts and make your creature your way. There is blood, but you have to zoom in all the way to see.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2009

This is the simply best video game I have ever played! It is very educational, as it is just an animated version of actual evolution! Scientists were on tv, playing spore to show everyone watching! They explained how Spore is so amazingly advanced, that it is literally actually how evolution came! You know, with the mating and the evolving. However, there is some mild violence. Creatures can fight, eat, ore use weapons on other creatures. There is a bit of animated blood, but it is not serious. Anyways, this is an amazing game and should win awards!
Teen, 14 years old Written byInkwell December 2, 2009

Spore 14 Review (Name on Spore is Inkwell too)

I mean, when I say it's too violent, that's just what I think. Another thing to add is there is SOME violence, being a carnivore and all, but it IS comical violence. I thought this game blasted my creativity past the limits that my brain could understand. Then, came highschool. T_T I lost most interest in it because it IS a long game. It is fun though. Thats why I would give it a 10/10
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 13, 2009

Great game!

This is a wonderful game! You just want to make sure your kids are old enough to handle the mating process.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegamer November 13, 2009

Perfect for kids around about 8+

When I first started playing this game it was really fun and addictive but after a few months i got bored of it.
Kid, 8 years old October 17, 2009

It's OK

It's a fun game. I like to play.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2009

Great to play, not so educational

It's a wonderful game that gives an example on how life could have evolved, but the education is very iffy. First off, evolution doesn't happen every time you dance under a circle of hearts, you cant choose what mouth you have, and well, you cant just grow 6 arms in 5 minutes. Of Course, I absolutely love the game. It's fun, cool and it's a fun game. It's a great "God Game"