All member reviews for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

A creepy, mature, first-person sci-fi shooter.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybladeserpent April 9, 2008

fools

Once again commonsense, you are brain dead fools. this game isn't even over-the-top violent. and the blood level of this game isn't high either. it's almost as if you people just look at the back of the box and write crap about what you think the game is like. This game has moments where it'll scare you, but does that make it mature? The graphics aren't that great so the violence is not even as realistic as you think. Common sense, get some real reviewers...
Teen, 17 years old Written byburnside001 April 9, 2008

DID YOU ACTUALLY PLAY IT!!!

HAVING COMPLETED THE GAME, I CAN TELL THAT COMMON SENSE HASN'T. HONESTLY, CALLING THE ARTIFACTS MAGICAL, ANYBODY WHO HAS REALLY PLAYED THE GAME WOULD TELL YOU OTHER WISE. a REALLY BIG MISTAKE IN THE COMMON SINCE REVIEW IS SAYING THAT THE GAME TAKES PLACE AROUND THE TINE OF THE ORIGINAL DISASTER, RIGHT OFF THE BAT CHARACTERS STATE THE THE DATE IS NEARLY 30 YEARS LATER ALSO, THE BODIES AREN'T DESTRUCTIBLE, IN OTHER WORDS THEY DON'T BLOW INTO CHUNKS, YOU CAN LAY 1000 ROUNDS INTO A CORPS ALONG WITH A GRENADE OR 2 AND THEY WON'T FLY APART. FURTHERMORE, THE GAME HAS HUGE AMOUNTS OF FACTS ABOUT THE ORIGINAL DISASTER AND THE GAME MAP IS BASED OFF THE REAL EXCLUSION ZONE, DOES THAT NOT QUALIFY IT AS AT LEAST MODERATELY EDUCATIONAL, YOU GUY'S REALLY NEED TO BE MORE ACCURATE.
Adult Written byTheInsaneDude June 25, 2015

I think parents and the like should start using their brains and play this magnificent game.

You guys should actually read what's on the box, and play the game yourself before making judgements based on what you think goes on, based on what actually happens. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is a semi-open worlded survival horror first person shooter based in the Exclusion Zone/Zone of Alienation (Ingame, simply known as The Zone) of Pripyat, Kiev, Ukraine. The game's lore is based around a second, fictional explosion at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, adjacent to the city of Pripyat in 2006. You play as an amnesiac Stalker known as Marked One, and you must navigate your way to the center of the Zone, exploring, robbing, etc, to get to the end goal. But it's much more than that, the atmosphere and overall feeling of the Zone depicted in STALKER SoC is just so unnerving, terrifying, and overall just amazing. This is a game, that is more for those that are looking for a challenge, and just something different than the average FPS game. It's like as if, the Fallout series and Metro series had a baby, set it in an alternate reality in a real place, filled it with anomalies, artifacts, mutants, and Stalkers from all walks of life, and giving it an absolute grueling experience, and called it S.T.A.L.K.E.R. My only real gripe with this game, is the fact at launch, it was almost completely broken, bugs and X-Ray Engine Bug Trap crashes all around, the most recent patches fix this issue, and installing bugfixing/improvement mods like OGSE (Old Good S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Evolution), Zone Reclamation Project, Oblivion Lost, and so on, will fix this issue for the most part. Personally, I enjoyed the hell out of this game, completed it on Master difficulty, patched to 1.0005 and Zone Reclamation Project 1.07 R4, it took 60+ hours, but my god, was it ever worth it. I highly recommend this game to anyone that can handle the so called sp00ky "Extreme gore and blood" (Which there isn't much of, a bit of body horror and intense gunplay but that's about it) I wish the best to my fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s and gamers, stay cheeki breeki my brothers.
Teen, 15 years old Written by-Brizzy- April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRed75 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byatomicsheep April 9, 2008

awesome game for adults

A good game with decent graphics