All member reviews for Star Fox 64 3D

Cartoonish space shooter a faithful remake of N64 classic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso July 30, 2012

Enter Star Fox

The N64 version of this game was great, but now the graphics are better, the controls are better, and you can take it EVERYWHERE! The stereotypical action space shooter is not too great, however, its a very good thing that this isn't stereotypical! Fox's plane, the arwing, feels great with the new circle pad, the mix between shooting and flight is perfect, and the stereoscopic 3D is awesome! One message is not to give up. You play as Fox Mcloud, an orphan who leads a team of a galactic heroes who search for a criminal named Andross, a... monkey, yeah. you search for Andross for a long time, but Fox Mcloud, Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare, and Slippy Toad don't give up once. The game can get boring if you aren't adventerous, so I guess being adventerous a positive message. Fox is a good role model, along with Peppy, Falco, and Slippy. They battle Star Wolf, Andross, and the Vermenian army through many levels and planets. The violence is shooting mecanical robots and mild explosions. when the arwing is shot, a wing can cripple; smoke is seen from the broken wing. The bosses are essentially giant robots that shoot at you crush you or even make your arwing explode. Falco is a little bit of a smart-aleck. He uses mild language like crud and dang. He also uses sarcasm. Overall this game is great and very fun. Seriously Common Sense: three stars? This deserves at least 4 stars, however in my opinion, 5 stars, 9\10!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 24, 2012

LEARNING

Other stuff about the game

Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare are once again trying to defeat Andross. Learning value: Kids can learn the history of gaming and can experience an old game with new graphics. Other "what parents need to know" stuff: Violence: The corridors in Andross' lair are really dark, scary and evil looking. Also, Andross' brain in shown (comical gore). Sex: Falco has a crush on Katt Monroe. Language: "Stupid" and "fool" are sometimes used. Sometimes, the bosses in the game might taunt Fox.
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing January 30, 2012

Let's review Star Fox 64

Should I talk about the story first and then what parents should know? Sure, why not? Of course, you'll play as Fox McCloud. The game's protagonist, who was inspired to become the leader of the commando unit for hire known as the Star Fox to get revenge on the evil scientist Andross who murdered his father, James McCloud and has declared war on the Lylat System. The fans didn't give a crap about the story. They just like the 3D graphics, famous quotes, memorable characters and the addicting gameplay. The game follows the original very closely. The graphics are superb including the cutscenes + the boss battles that all look fantastic. The control’s great too. So anyway, on what parents should know. This game has a lot educational value. After you defeat Andross, Fox is trapped with no way out and is left to die along with Andross and he just decides to accept his fate and die. But then James' ghost appears to help him escape and he tells him to NEVER give up. This game teaches us to never give up even if you think you're gonna die in real life you'll see the results and to trust yourself during the most important situations. There are some positive messages to trust your instincts. I don't know what that means but it is a positive message. Of course there are certainly some good role models like Fox who wants to follow his father's footsteps to save the Lylat System and teams up with Falco, Peppy and Slippy who are supporting him on his mission. But the only bad role model outta all of them is Falco Lombardi. Falco is the Star Fox team's ace pilot whose consider by fans to be their favorite character outta all of them but he's also stubborn, smart-mouthed and brash. He gets cranky and uncooperative and doesn't show very much appreciation for Fox's help and would even get mad at him over nothing. But despite his ugly personality, in reality his relationship for the Star Fox team is second to none and he even considers the team his family. But whether Falco is bad role model or not, both the original 64 version and the N3DS are great games. DEFINITELY BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

Great nostalgic, fun aerial combat game.

This a really good one for 3ds. The graphics are amazing, and it still feels like N64. The gyro control work perfectly, and the standard controls are even better. This game can be completed easily, but not if you are trying to get the full experience. There are lots of different paths to find, which gives this game a lasting appeal. It is also just so fun that you'll play it again for entertainment. I recommend this game.
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2015

Star Fox 64 3D

Star Fox 64 3D is a very cartoony space shooter with a strong role model for boys. In the game, you play as Fox McCloud, an orphan who leads the Star Fox team. Before he lead the Star Fox team, his father, James McCloud did. Unfortunately, James died in a dogfight. Peppy Hare, James's teammate managed to escape and tell Fox what happened to his father. Despite what happened, Fox remained strong. Peppy then insisted that Fox took over the Star Fox team and save the Lylat System from the clutches of Andross, one of the main enemies in the game. Unlike most male characters in gaming who are super buffed, Fox McCloud looks pretty real, you can barely see any muscles unless you look really hard. In the game, you fly a starfighter called an Arwing. The game is mostly about shooting stuff, but you also have to rescue your teammates (Peppy, Falco, and Slippy) when they need help. If you just focus on shooting stuff instead of helping them out, then they will get shot down and they will have to sit out the next level. (Which is a big disadvantage). You can also do plenty of maneuvers such as loops and of course barrel rolls. In one of the levels, there is some flirting between Falco and Katt.
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2014

Star Fox 64 3D

Star Fox 64 3D is pretty awesome! You play as Fox McCloud, an orphan and leader of the Star Fox team. You pilot a starfighter called an Arwing. Star Fox 64 3D is different from most space shooters, in the game you have to help out your fellow team mates, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy when they need it. You feel like you are part of an actual flight squadron! Like most space shooters, there is violence. Star Fox 64 3D is more kid-friendly, there is no blood or gore and the violence is very cartoony. Enemies will fire lasers at you, crush you, or even shoot your Arwing down. If your Arwing gets shot down one of your teammates will yell, "No!!!" or Fox will scream "Aaaaahhh!!!" Fox McCloud is a good role model, he helps out his teammates and never gives up. Speaking of never giving up, there is a good message about never giving up. On one of the paths, James McCloud (Fox's dead father) appears as a ghost and tells him never to give up, he then leads him out of the base. Sometimes Falco will say "crud", "dang", and other mild language like that. Also, Falco has a crush on Katt Monroe (One of the side characters). Falco can also be a bit of a smart-aleck he will say "Hey, genius I'm on your side!" if you accidentally shoot him. Other then that, Star Fox 64 3D is a great game! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheton1789 June 29, 2014

Excellent Game, On the Short Side

Star Fox 64 3D is a great on rails shooter game. It is the same as the original with the exception of some new features and updated graphics. The games has some violence featured around a space war. Players use a variety of vehicles including space ships, tanks, and submarines to shoot down enemy robots and space ships. Space ships explode when shot down and boss enemies scream as there space ships explode. Minor characters die and a back story talks about how Fox's father was killed during a mission. Many missions if failed result in cut scenes showing the destruction of military bases. The game features minor insults such as moron, stupid, dang/darn, heck, dumb, and idiot through out during the cheesy character dialogue. It might be short and a little dated, but it is a enjoyable game okay for kids 8+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byShadowthevamphog4350 January 3, 2014

It's back, It's good, but too easy

Great game for younger gamers, boredom-fest for older or very experienced gamers. I was definitely looking forward to this game, I couldn't wait for it to come out when I was 14, It is a huge improvement compared to the original version. I'm a very experienced gamer and I beat the game in like 2 or 3 weeks, so it can be repetitive, I'll play it here and there. My favorite mission of the game is "Macbeth: The forever train", the train driver sounds hilarious in my opinion. The game is not very violent, there's no sex or nudity, or blood or gore, or alcohol or drug use. Definitely stays in the E10 rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypizza6793 July 9, 2013

Buy it now

Wow... Just wow... A game of my childhood, I've always had an N64, and as such. the titles "Super Mario 64", "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" (The original, not the 3DS remake), and, of course, "Star Fox 64" (Again, original) have always been dear to my heart. But on with the actual review. Besides the end boss, this game is perfect for anyone of any age. The end boss's creepiness is debatable, anyways (What with Nintendo toning everything down from the originals). The only remotely "Crude language" is the occasional sarcastic remark from one of your teammates, Falco (I.e. "Hey genius, I'm on your side!" when accidentally shot), but that's about as bad as it gets. This game is truly a gem that should be aloud by all parents. The violence goes as far as tiny explosions to the occasional large explosion when beating large boss enemies. It's a great game that shouldn't be hesitated to be bought.
Parent Written bySpidermanFan1993 July 6, 2013

Star Fox 64 Returns On The 3DS

I was really excited to get this game. However, at the price I paid for it I should have waited. Do not get me wrong this game is really fun to play. It has some of the best graphics for a 3DS game that I have seen. The controls are easy and anyone can pick them up. Where this game fails is the really short story line. The levels only take a couple of minutes to beat and there are, I believe, 8 levels in story mode. However, there are more than 8 levels because there are different levels you can go to in order to beat the story mode. You just have to pick which 6 levels you want to play to get to the final level. The only violence in this game is that you have to shoot at stuff with your arwing; however, the final boss might creep out younger kids because of wait you have to do to stop him. I recommend whoever wants to buy this game to wait until they can find a good deal. It was not worth what I paid for it. I wished I had waited to buy it when it came down on price. Nevertheless this is a great game to add to your 3DS collection.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer man October 28, 2012

sky fox 64

It is not bad at all, the game is you use lazers to shoot at enemy ships, its not bad violence as you may think if theres a violence symbol, its not graphic, its just shoot them out of the sky and they blow up, theres nothing bad there
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe gaming master September 29, 2011

This remake is better than the N64 original!

This is a great remake of the game! The 3D graphics look really good and spaceship fun is back. It's not an easy game, younger kids may have a hard time trying to beat the whole game. The game is a bit violent, but it's in a cartoon style, so, that's mt it's not really violent. I'd give the game in the Violence category a 2 out of 5, because let's face it, if Mario and Little Big Planet games get 1 out of 5 in Violence , the this one deserve more..................Play this game! It's a must-have for your children!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan September 21, 2011

I could play this all day!

I haven't played the DS version, but the N64 version is one of my favorite video games! (I think they're pretty similar) The game is long, so your not going to want to stop while your playing it, but when it is over, you've had enough for a while. (unless you want to play again, like me) And it's also challenging. Kids 7 and up can play, most definitely, but they may not win easily. (and the last level when you fight Andross on the planet Venom, Andross is scary looking. I know I was afraid of it when I played at 7 years old.) If your kid likes shooting/space/combat games, this is great. (similar to the droid battle on Hoth level in Star Wars: Battle for Navoo, but much better)
Adult Written bypvtplatypus September 17, 2011

Star Fox 64 3D

I disagree with common senses 3 star rating. This is one of the best games of all time, even though it's not a very long game. There is so much replay value and charm, there is no way people should pass up this game.