All member reviews for Star Trek Online

Play as Star Trek character in combat-heavy, open chat MMO.

Educator and Parent of a 2 year old Written byMr.Haugen May 3, 2010

Good for 12 and up with parental support.

Star Trek was subversive in its message about the future of humanity... this game continues with those messages. The character creator places an emphasis on options... you can have a Latino, Asian or African human character. The wealth of humanity is represented. So is the equality between alien races. You need to be careful with the 'store' for more pets, costumes and ships. Fortunately buying anything requires two separate transactions... the first buying the credits, and the second using the credits to buy the item.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

Kinda violent

This is a great mmo. I play it. Fun but a little violent for younger kids.(Klingons will attack you with bat'leh, and occaisionally a charachter will ask for mercy. ferengi captain "Couldnt we please negotaite? he asks before u put him in jail.)
Adult Written byshadow_moses_kratos March 22, 2010

im a trekkie and a tournament sto player and im teaching my little bro to play...
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2013

Good for 10+.

Star Trek Online is a game that any Star Trek fan will enjoy, but it does involve a lot of shooting and killing, and you can easily lose track of time playing it. There is no graphic violence, but you do see aliens fall to the ground, or ships blowing up. It will most likely not inspire a sense of violence in anybody, and the game is probably the best game I have ever played.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2014

classic

this is a game i like to play. It has great freeroam and fun ships. I always like to explore m ship, go to my quarters and go to the club. All of the stations are fun but you can get drinks at the clubs and on your ship. I think this game is good for kids because it is a lot like World of Warcraft, you need to be responsible on your quests and have good teamwork.