Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Star Wars Battlefront

Though sci-fi combat can be repetitive, this game's a blast.

Adult Written bySTARWARSfan1212 November 25, 2015

The BEST Star Wars game available!

This is the best STAR WARS game I've seen in a long time. Sure, parents are like, OH NO ITS A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER I'M NEVER GOING TO LET MY KIDS PLAY THIS!!! Well your wrong. I think it's good 10+. Just because it's an first person shooter doesn't mean it has blood or gore. Most parents when they think of an FPS they think of COD or Battlefield 4, but no. I think I made my case. Get this game for your 10 yr old unless they are super sensitive to violence or something.

Adult Written bypankakemarine236 November 22, 2015

Awesome Game

This game is appropriate for kids of almost any age. There is no blood, and only gun violence. If your kid watched the Star Wars movies, they will love this.

Parent Written byJameschi November 29, 2015

Not bad

Ok some parents don't let there kids get teen rated games but the truth is he's isn't going to let there kid play this because it's star wars and there's really no violence or anything else I'd say it's ok for ages 10 and up.
Adult Written byNancy M. September 3, 2016

Too violent - even without blood

My son has been begging for this game for months. So for his. 9th birthday, my husband bought it for him discounting the teen rating. I didn't realize it was rated for teens. So we bought the new game system and the game and he tried it at home. I cried while he played for a few minutes and i couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm the bad guy because I want it to go back to the store and my new 9 yr old is in tears. My husband begrudgingly agreed that it is more violent than he thought it was going to be. Just because there is no blood doesn't make it ok. It's just too violent to sit there for hours shooting at other people!

Adult Written byNotinSelfies April 21, 2016

Makes killing seem more palitable for younger shooters.

The very good graphics & lush sound without gore makes it an easier sell to ever younger kids. Ability to play as the dark side is creepy. The whole thing as a happy killing game is just disturbing. It's going back to the store.

Adult Written byBill Gates December 5, 2015

Best Game

I was around for the Star Wars movies and I thought they were great, and this game is the best Star Wars games I've seen. I bealieve that any boy 9, 8, 10, or 11 should be allowed to play this game. No gore, and people beailieve that shooting games make kids want guns. But, they don't because when is a kid going to own a lazer blaster or a real light saber. So, if you think that it's bad because it's rated teen or a shooter nesasarely mean it's all about gore, violence, and killing people for no reason.

Adult Written byRialtoSky February 6, 2017

Too violent for children

I got this game for my 11 year old son who loves the Star Wars movies after I read reviews that it wasn't violent. Well, it is a first person shooter game that is, in fact, violent. Some reviewers seem to think that if there isn't blood, it isn't violent. That simply is not true. When your child plays this game, he will be holding a machine gun, looking for and hunting down other human beings, and killing them. If he wishes to be Darth Vader, he can choke and kill other humans who writhe and yell in pain, in his hands. The graphics and settings are crisp and quite beautiful, and Star Wars lovers will love them. But if you are a parent concerned about violence, please wait until your child is 14 or so. This game is rated for 16+ in Europe for good reason. Your child will spend hours upgrading weapons to hunt down an kill other humans.

Adult Written by_JediKnight_ December 27, 2015

My Review on Star Wars Battlefront

Personally, I think this game is fine for kids above 12. It is a brilliant game with gorgeous graphics. It doesn't deal with sex, language or drugs but contains very mild violence. You shoot people with 'blasters' and they do moan in pain before falling to the ground and don't disappear. For younger kids, this might be quite shocking. This is the only adult themes it explores, The game doesn't really have role models or positive messages as it doesn't have a campaign, just training missions and multiplayer. There is no chat system on multiplayer like in Call of Duty, so this is fine. Actually, the multiplayer is not interactive at all and is just like playing with bots who are not easy to beat. If you are a fan of the Star Wars series like me and you or your kids are above 12, this is a perfect game for you!
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byNicole R. March 18, 2017

Right on the cusp,

This game is right at my maximum allowance. I will not allow another T rated game for my two kids, and I regret bringing this one into our house, but I am compromising. My husband likes to play it with our boys. The graphics are amazing, and the story content is great, but the game makers have pushed the envelope right to the edge when it comes to the violence aspect. There is no blood, and the weapons are technically laser guns, "blasters" is what they're called, but really,..it's a gun. Our house rule for video games is: No Blood, No Bullets. And I could draw the line with this game, but like I said, they've designed it to show no blood, and no bullets. I still hate it, but then again, I'm the mean Mom who hates all video games. That said, this game is probably the most mild T rated video game out there.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byMrsr76 January 2, 2016

Awesome game

I was dubious getting this for my 8yr old son to play as it has a pegi 16 rating so borrowed the game from a friends son first. There is nothing in this game that causes any alarm for me, it is just shooting star wars characters. My son is aware of the difference between fiction & real life. No sex, no offensive language. I am reliably informed that this game is 'epic' & have no hesitation in recommending

Parent of a 12 year old Written byCraig Willis December 8, 2015

Awesome

I got this game for my twelve year old son and he absolutely loves it. He's been begging me since it hit the market. There's a couple rude people on multiplayer but he avoids that mode in general. Me and him play together and it's a blast. Definitely recommended to anyone.

Adult Written byReveiwMom121 December 17, 2015

Great game!

Really the only concern about this game is gun violence, but it is great to get for your 10 yr old Star Wars fan!

Adult Written bydan m. August 30, 2016

awesome game for the whole family

this game is for everyone. it has zero gore no blood and you get to live your star wars battle fantasies. When you kill somebody all they do is fall over to the ground. As for gameplay the gameplay they have is awesome and i love it but i think that what they really need is a campaighn cause then they will be able to keep people playing it longer. I'll look for that in the second battlefront
Adult Written byKingdragon February 21, 2016

Definitely for those who are 11 years and above

W,hy I let my son play this game is because..there's no blood...no vulgar language....but too much of shooting is bad...so I let my son play twice a week :)

Adult Written byGavinsupersonic December 27, 2015

A great Star Wars experience for all ages!

This game couldn't be any better! It gives out great history of Star Wars and mild violence. I think this game was rated T because of the weapons in the game and how they are used. No blood or gore is shown. Guns (blasters) look like harmful dangerous weapons but I think anyone 9-10+ could play. If you have seen Star Wars you can play this game.

Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byDad1000 May 28, 2016

Game for the family

Fun Star Wars game that everyone gamer Star Wars fan or both can enjoy. My family loves Star Wars and my older son and I love video games so it is a good game for our family. Although online may be hard for under 9 or so. But there is always the offline stuff.
Adult Written bygamerrider January 2, 2016
Adult Written bysusan l. October 24, 2016

The most addictive star wars game yet!

This game is a big deal! it is so addictive! Just because it is a first person shooter does not mean its not for young viewers. Sometimes it can be extremely intense though.

Parent Written byRick H. October 4, 2016

Great

The smooth gameplay mixed with amazing graphics makes up for an out of this universe shooter. Amazing in VR
Adult Written byPizza G. July 26, 2017

A Star Wars' fans dream, with easy controls and superb gameplay

Star Wars Battlefront is the perfect gift for pretty much any Star Wars fan. Once again, common sense media provides a strangely harsh age recommendation--if you're old enough to see the Star Wars movies themselves, then you're old enough to play this. In fact, my choice of 9+ is only a ballpark estimate when taking into account the disparities between children and their parents' guidelines respectively. Although this is technically a first person shooter, there's no blood whatsoever--blasters and high-tech sci-fi explosives are used to take out enemies, but they all simply fall over when defeated. There's nothing in this that's more questionable than anything in the original movies, so saying that you have to be thirteen to play it is a little over-the-top, unless it's simply because of the difficulty--in which case, this may be somewhat accurate. Particularly young players could have some trouble learning how to aim and navigate the maps, etc. But otherwise, an awesome game for kids and up!