All member reviews for Star Wars: Battlefront II

Mostly a button-masher, best for teen fans.

Parent of a 9 and 18+ year old Written byMW23 April 7, 2010
Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 15, 2009

great game but too innapropriate for some kids.

it has alot of violence but there is no blood or gore. it is just battling enemy armies but there is also adventure mode, wich is very different from instant action. i herd a bad word once in it, but it wasnt too bad. charachters get killed alot by lightsabers, guns, grenades, tanks, turrets, and almost any weapo in star wars. it is also a good multiplayer game like smash bros, and kids will probably like itbecause its only action.people say theres blood but it is only sparks. the only thing that is close to gore is robotic arms and legs laying around.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2011

Freaky game- I HATE!!!!!!!!

I hate this game because it is a scary war thingy that freaks me out and people are being shot and stuff is blowing up and they say bad stuff (not swear words though) like "stay dead." My 10-year li'l bro plays this every one or two weeks and I think he shouldn't. End of story.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Aderson December 3, 2012

What you need to know

Parents: This game has no blood or gore what so ever. It also doesn't have any course language. The game is rated "T" because it involves explosions, weapons, and of course killing. If you are worried about violence, there is nothing to worry about. And as for a thermal detonator blowing 3 guys to kingdom come at once - that's not inapropriate, that's awesome. Kids: This is awesome!!!!!! It has all the maps from all the episodes, along with all the characters and weapons. A must have!!!
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 July 20, 2010

SWB2 Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

SWB2 is more violent than SWB1, as the body "flight" is more realistic, there are alien creatures than step on soldiers, and there is the use of a steroid-like drug known as "bacta serum". The game's storyline also requires that you kill innocent citizens (the game takes place after episode III, and thus the good clones turn into bad stormtroopers. there are a few missions as those troopers.) This game also rewards head shots and mass-killings with upgraded weapons, something SWB1 did not do. This is definitely a 13/14+ game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySmileNerd January 14, 2015

A Great Game Shut Down

As of sometime in 2014, the SWBF2 multiplayer was shut down. If it was still up, I would definitely give this game 5 stars. I LOVE this game. But there's really no point now, unless you want to play the singleplayer stuff, but there's little of that.
Adult Written byolderdude90 April 9, 2008

Pretty Good, Great Graphics, Death may Occur (about 20 times)

This is overall a great shooter. But if you dont like frustrating games, get Thomas and Friends: Trouble on the Tracks- that alto be REAL EASY for U. Seriously, though, it takes 20 shots(Depending on the weapon ya got- Sniper rifles take about 2)to kill your enemy. Then you die after about 4 shots. Simple. You go into a battle and kill about 2 guys and then 2 guys kill you. Star Wars fans will love, Thomas the Train fans will hate. **** The violence is about E-E10 level because you shoot with lasers and it takes a while to kill someone. The Language is PG level, though i've seen G movies with worse. If U like the word D--M then play SPACE CTF 1 Flag with the republic. Every time the CIS gets a point, the Clones say "Another point for the CIS, D--M!! D--M is also used properly in Rise of the Empire- Mustafar(cut scene beginning) You'll also here minor Battlefield language(Hoth, especially). Great gift for the Star Wars dude who is between the ages of 11 and 16. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 July 15, 2015

This is how games should be made

Great graphics for its time, great game play, love the movie tie in story, and epic split screen 2 player. Yes it is violent, it's a war game it is supposed to be, so if you do not like it play something else. There is mild language like da** and he** but only on capture the flag mode which is boring anyway. I wish all games were made like this, good quality good game play and no bad content. Pumped for the new one !
Adult Written byThe Voice of Reason July 17, 2015

Great Game but Unnecessary Swaring

In the game I heard what sounded a lot like F$$$ off. It disturbed me so much I shut off the voice. Thank GOD for that feature. Other than that it's a blast. It's also cool that if you don't want heroes you can turn off that as well; this is a very cool addiction. It would have received 5 stars if that unnecessary sound bite wasn't in there.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrobotchipmunk June 23, 2015

A good and highly appropriate Star Wars Game.

Star wars battlefront is one of the most tame shooters out there. There is no blood, and very little swearing. The violence is fantastical and I would have no problem allowing a person aged 8 and over play it.
Parent Written byWalden'sWitsdotcom August 8, 2011

Keep It Black & White

I think my biggest concern with the game is that SW:BF2 tends to be morally neutral in terms of good vs. evil. You can play as any character in the SW saga that saw combat, including sith lords, the arch-villains. Some may be fine with that. Others, like me, view it as a morality play, where the evil is to be despised and eschewed. You can't do that and act as one of the evil characters to oppose the good. Someone that is over 12 should be able to understand the differences between good and evil and reasonably shift between one side and the other without blurring the lines.
Adult Written byFiggy66 July 26, 2010

OK for 6 plus

Ok game my 7 year old brother played it with me when i still had a ps2 now i have a 360 no blood violence is not bad at all. Bottom line if theve seen the movies let them play.
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2009

get it its so cool!!!!!!

I love this game every morning at 6 am to play this awesome game!!
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2009
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2016

Better than EA's Battlefront

This game is unrealistic. I was playing as a Stormtrooper and I actually shot someone! It has aerial dogfights, multiplayer and nice, authentic star wars sounds. No blood, and only the very rare D--M. If you are getting this of of Steam (an online game-shop) and you wan't to play online, simply go on this website called Gameranger, make an account, install the app and use it to go on servers! This will always be better than any other star wars game! Really addictive aswell. This is what a game should be!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazyRed February 11, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byZach D. December 28, 2015

Great!.... For teens.

Really, this game is halo with a star wars theme. I have the ps2 version, which is awesome. This isn't necessarily a game JUST for teens, but it is definity isn't for kids either. Best for the older star wars fan. In this case, Mild Language means infrequent use of strong language. In capture the flag, I heard my fellow stormtroopers saying " F you" to the rebels. Just be aware of that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanmiester January 3, 2015

The best Star Wars game EVER!!!!

This was one of the first games I got for the Play station 2 and I absolutely loved it! I still play it today even on my pc. Right now I have about 6 copies of this game, 5 of which are broken. This game controls so simply, my 4 year old cousin could play it. Over all, 5 stars. Amazing game. And everyone is excited for Batllefront 3! There is no blood, it is better than the Battlefield series, has decent graphics, and has a lot of star wars maps to play on!
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 16, 2010

Slightly outdated now, but fun game.

My son's favorite PS2 game...it says "Mild Language", but there is almost no swearing. All it says is "damm". It's a shooter, but with no blood, and less violence.