All member reviews for Star Wars: Battlefront II

Mostly a button-masher, best for teen fans.

Parent of a 9 and 18 year old Written byMW23 April 7, 2010

Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011

Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2011

Freaky game- I HATE!!!!!!!!

I hate this game because it is a scary war thingy that freaks me out and people are being shot and stuff is blowing up and they say bad stuff (not swear words though) like "stay dead." My 10-year li'l bro plays this every one or two weeks and I think he shouldn't. End of story.
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 July 20, 2010

SWB2 Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

SWB2 is more violent than SWB1, as the body "flight" is more realistic, there are alien creatures than step on soldiers, and there is the use of a steroid-like drug known as "bacta serum". The game's storyline also requires that you kill innocent citizens (the game takes place after episode III, and thus the good clones turn into bad stormtroopers. there are a few missions as those troopers.) This game also rewards head shots and mass-killings with upgraded weapons, something SWB1 did not do. This is definitely a 13/14+ game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Aderson December 3, 2012

What you need to know

Parents: This game has no blood or gore what so ever. It also doesn't have any course language. The game is rated "T" because it involves explosions, weapons, and of course killing. If you are worried about violence, there is nothing to worry about. And as for a thermal detonator blowing 3 guys to kingdom come at once - that's not inapropriate, that's awesome. Kids: This is awesome!!!!!! It has all the maps from all the episodes, along with all the characters and weapons. A must have!!!
Adult Written byolderdude90 April 9, 2008

Pretty Good, Great Graphics, Death may Occur (about 20 times)

This is overall a great shooter. But if you dont like frustrating games, get Thomas and Friends: Trouble on the Tracks- that alto be REAL EASY for U. Seriously, though, it takes 20 shots(Depending on the weapon ya got- Sniper rifles take about 2)to kill your enemy. Then you die after about 4 shots. Simple. You go into a battle and kill about 2 guys and then 2 guys kill you. Star Wars fans will love, Thomas the Train fans will hate. **** The violence is about E-E10 level because you shoot with lasers and it takes a while to kill someone. The Language is PG level, though i've seen G movies with worse. If U like the word D--M then play SPACE CTF 1 Flag with the republic. Every time the CIS gets a point, the Clones say "Another point for the CIS, D--M!! D--M is also used properly in Rise of the Empire- Mustafar(cut scene beginning) You'll also here minor Battlefield language(Hoth, especially). Great gift for the Star Wars dude who is between the ages of 11 and 16. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 July 15, 2015

This is how games should be made

Great graphics for its time, great game play, love the movie tie in story, and epic split screen 2 player. Yes it is violent, it's a war game it is supposed to be, so if you do not like it play something else. There is mild language like da** and he** but only on capture the flag mode which is boring anyway. I wish all games were made like this, good quality good game play and no bad content. Pumped for the new one !
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 16, 2010

Slightly outdated now, but fun game.

My son's favorite PS2 game...it says "Mild Language", but there is almost no swearing. All it says is "damm". It's a shooter, but with no blood, and less violence.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 15, 2009

great game but too innapropriate for some kids.

it has alot of violence but there is no blood or gore. it is just battling enemy armies but there is also adventure mode, wich is very different from instant action. i herd a bad word once in it, but it wasnt too bad. charachters get killed alot by lightsabers, guns, grenades, tanks, turrets, and almost any weapo in star wars. it is also a good multiplayer game like smash bros, and kids will probably like itbecause its only action.people say theres blood but it is only sparks. the only thing that is close to gore is robotic arms and legs laying around.
Adult Written byGamepartier October 26, 2009

The best star wars saga

I think that this is the best game ever made for the Star Wars saga me and my friend play it every day.I think this is okay for ages 8 and younger because this is not language,blood,or sexual content.So I give it a 5 star rating. *****
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2009

get it its so cool!!!!!!

I love this game every morning at 6 am to play this awesome game!!
Teen, 15 years old Written by1redneck January 9, 2013

LEARNING

Depends on what your kid has seen and the kids age

It has the occasional, random, 'd--n', said by soldiers in Singleplayer. As long as ya don't let your kids play Multiplayer, it should be okay, it is pretty intense, no more intense then Star Wars itself though, like Star Wars: The Clone Wars, or the prequel movies, so it's pretty okay for kids who have seen all of em except for the third, if a kid has watched the third, Revenge it the Sith, then they can most definatly play it, it's a pretty good game, Galactic Conquest is like a real war, ya gotta recruit soldiers, buy powerups, and move your fleet around the galaxy trying to take over it or save it, depends on what campaign ya started, has some references to Confederacy, but it refers to the droid army, Galactic Conquest also has ingame money (no, it real money), and ya gotta manage your account, if ya conquer a planet, ya get money, if ya lose a world, ya still get money, just to as much, you can assault ships, it's pretty much the Civil War, except modern, very modern, it's no worse than most games and movies kids see these days, there will be some explosions if ya blow a tank up or somethin, ya respawn (if ya get killed, ya go back to life again and keep playing), it's real fun, I think it'd be a good gift game, it's also a first person shooter (game played from the soldiers perspective), so if a kid plays this, they'll get sucked into the world of FPS (first person shooter), and there're games that re FPSs that very aren't appropriate, such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Mass Effect, etc., so be warned, they might want those games after playin this for a while
Parent Written byWalden'sWitsdotcom August 8, 2011

Keep It Black & White

I think my biggest concern with the game is that SW:BF2 tends to be morally neutral in terms of good vs. evil. You can play as any character in the SW saga that saw combat, including sith lords, the arch-villains. Some may be fine with that. Others, like me, view it as a morality play, where the evil is to be despised and eschewed. You can't do that and act as one of the evil characters to oppose the good. Someone that is over 12 should be able to understand the differences between good and evil and reasonably shift between one side and the other without blurring the lines.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

Great game, but a bit violent for young kids

This is a good game. I think it would be ok for younger kids to play as long as there is a bit of a explanation by parents first. (ok kid, were gonna let u play it, but they use some words that we don't want u to use.) It is fun and me and my mom play together all the time. It is pretty violent (for instance getting blown across the screen when hit by rocket launcher or similar weopon.) I would never give this to someone under the age of 12 without parent supervision.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2009
Adult Written byDarth Tim April 9, 2008

awesome

i loved it. the single player is really good, but im such a noob i can't get past Corasont. (i cant spell) The online is good but there are a lot of glitches that can p^#% u off. and people use some bad language but it is an awesome game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjonathanw1 August 31, 2015

Loads of Fun

A great game for Star Wars fans. no blood, no gore, and no language, but lots of pointless violence that could be very addicting for younger players. oh... and battlefront3 confirmed ;)
Adult Written byThe Voice of Reason July 17, 2015

Great Game but Unnecessary Swaring

In the game I heard what sounded a lot like F$$$ off. It disturbed me so much I shut off the voice. Thank GOD for that feature. Other than that it's a blast. It's also cool that if you don't want heroes you can turn off that as well; this is a very cool addiction. It would have received 5 stars if that unnecessary sound bite wasn't in there.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrobotchipmunk June 23, 2015

A good and highly appropriate Star Wars Game.

Star wars battlefront is one of the most tame shooters out there. There is no blood, and very little swearing. The violence is fantastical and I would have no problem allowing a person aged 8 and over play it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex77 February 2, 2015

Awesome

A little violent at times, but the gameplay is awesome and the combat is clean-no blood or gore. One mild swear word is sputtered by the Republic in CTF mode when the CIS score a point. I would definately get this game though.