All member reviews for Star Wars: Empire at War

Good but imperfect Star Wars RTS.

Adult Written byOmfgigorawr June 6, 2010

Star wars: Empire at war is a looong but worthwhile game.

Star wars: empire at war is a much different game than usual, as it's a RTS(real time strategy) this time around. It requires a good amount of planning and strategy for battles. The violence is low, as in no blood or gore. Language is well, there is no bad language from what i know. The game itself can be very long, especially if you do galactic conquest. I had a galactic conquest game last a week before i was able to win. The space battles are intense and you can turn on a cinematic mode which jumps randomly following ships and giving it a movie like feel. The land battles however are for the most part ridiculously hard. The good part is, you can have the battle auto resolve, which fights the battle instantly and depending on some other variables let's you win or lose, but using the auto resolve will cause more casualties for your forces than if you fought it yourself. At first the game will be really complicated, but it teaches you all the things you need to know in a good way. I'd recommend the game for anyone who likes strategy type games and who like a long game also.
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008

cool

great game but land battles are cheap but you can ajust the graphics so..
Adult Written byZacharia.cd April 9, 2008

Good Star Wars Fun

I'm glad this game was set in Galactic Civil war the better era of the two but beyond hat the game is ok, I like the campaign and the conquest mode but the skirmish sucks.
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2009

star wars loving preteens and up, unite!

This game is amazing. It is a great star wars based strategy game. Star Wars Empire at War is basically the Galactic Civil War, and players can either choose to be the evil Galactic Empire or the heroic Alliance to Restore The Republic(aka the Rebel Alliance). Violence is strong and you can hear men screaming when they die. There are many things to this in this game, like go on long campaigns, missions, and skirmishes.This game isn't too hard once you get used to it. Overall, this game is fairly violent, but no blood. I would recommend this for 9 year olds and up, but kids below 8 are too young to play.

Great star wars rts

In this strategy game you can veiw battles like in a movie or on normal strategy games. You must develpe a strategy to drive your enemy out of the galaxy one planet at a time. challenging but fun. Solo says "see you in hell" but the violence is not even as bad as the movies a must by for pc gamers
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

great game, fine for kids my age, although kinda tricky...

Teen, 15 years old Written bySourpatchKid24 March 7, 2016

Amazing for nearly all ages

I started watching this when it first came out. I was probably in 1st grade but it's kind of blurry. I immediately loved it from the beginning. It has great messages; usually having a 10-15 character message at the beginning of every episode that corresponds with with episode itself, as well as having many positive messages sprinkled throughout the episode/series. It has great role models and is a fun watch. At times it can be rather dark, but there is rarely any blood shown, and there is next to no swearing. I highly recommend it for the Star Wars and Animation lovers out there
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex77 February 2, 2015

Incredible fun and a lot of strategy

This game is purely for someone who loves strategy. Each weapon is powerful against certain enemies, and weaker against others. You can play as either the Rebels or Imperials, one focused on power and immense destruction, and the other using stealth and small strikes. You can either play on a specific space/land map or conquer the entire galaxy. This is war, and although the fighting is bloodless, it is still fighting. Bombs are dropped on people, soldiers are crushed under tanks, and if playing Galactic Conquest, the Death Star can of course kill billions with a single shot. But the only real concern comes if you own the expansion, with which comes the Zahn Cortsium (aka Scum and Villany). Here the soldiers use "dirty tactics" to kill as many enemies as possible in any way. Some are infected with rapidly-spreading viruses which results in the victim's rather unsettling death: gurgling while exploding into a green cloud, forming a bubbling puddle after the cloud clears (this malicious act is preformed only by the bounty hunter IG-88). Sith witches can summon rancors, large and terrifying creatures capable of destroying a building in very few blows. In Galactic Conquest this faction may corrupt planets to steal some of their income, gain bounty money for each kill, and sneak past enemy defenses. Wether you choose to join this side or destroy it is up to you. But in the end, this game is extreme fun with endless strategies and great gameplay. With a "Battlecam" your view zooms up close to the fighting where you are at eye-level with the combatant. This sometimes makes it hard to focus on the game and instead just watch what happens.
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2014

Amazing game!

This game is fantastic. Excellent graphics, responsive units and a simple user interface is perfect for teens new to the RTS genre and old players alike. Truly easy to learn, but hard to master.
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2013

Star Wars: Empire at War

This is a very good game that requires a lot of strategy and patience. It takes a long time to complete both the campaign and galactic conquests. Skirmishes however are quick battles that can happen in land or space. The only cursing that I have seen in this is that when Han Solo dies he yells "I'll see you in hell!" There is no other cursing besides that one. You have to amass both land and space fleets to achieve victory in land and space battles. Unlike most games there is only 1 resources, credits, and nothing else, not metal, alloy, or anything. The credits are required to steal technology (For the Rebel Alliance), upgrade technology (For Imperials), and to build land forces and space fleets. The violence that is in it does not contain any blood or gore. However, there are screams when people die and they can be run over. This is the end of my review.
Kid, 12 years old March 1, 2011

Empire at War

Empire at War is a Star Wars strategy game for the pc. I think the game can be kind of boring but im not a big fan of this type of game. It does have many explosions and gunshots along with space battles but nothing graphic is shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoss67 February 12, 2011

Better for teens.

Although, the game is wasy to play, the role models for the Empire aren't good, as they are bent on crushing the Rebellion. But the Strategy matches no other game I have played. So, it depends on what you let your kids play.
Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byAidan. P October 28, 2010

Notable Point

It should be noted that, although there is no blood or gore, players can maul enemy infantry with vehicles.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010

Perfect for any kid going on second childhood to the end of being a tweenager.

1)Very fun and easy to play, I just love it! 2)No flashing lights that cause seizures of fatigues. 3)No blood or gore. 4)Very strategical, and teaches some rules about life. It's the best PC, no the best of all games I have ever played in my life!
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2009

Awesome for everybody

I love it. i got the expansion also. I rated this for 7+ because thats how old i was when i got it. Duh, since its a star wars game its going to be violent, but if its not that bad, who cares. I mean, you wouldn't let a 5- year old get thsi game but thats just my opinion.

Cool RTS but a little iffy

Star Wars Empire At War is an amazing RTS(Real Time Strategy)Game that allows you to play as the evil Empire or the Rebellion. Sex: None Violence: This game is all about the Galactic Civil War, so violence is iffy, but Star Wars fans probably won't mind. Langauge: When Han Solo is defeated he says "See you in H*ll" which might upset some, or confuse younger children, but that is the only langauge I caught. Social Behavior: The Empire is ruthless and evil, while the Rebels, although being heroes, steal. Educational Value: Requires strategy and cunning, so it technicaly does build strategetic minds. Drugs & Alchohal: None. In General ON 10+ for violence, very MILD Language, and iffy social behavior.