All member reviews for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

A good -- but not great -- Star Wars adventure.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bykimjaso January 8, 2011

disturbing

This game is too dark for children and tweens. This is the only game we returned due to its disturbing nature. (We play halo and call of duty) It begins with killing for killing sake without a defined enemy. Just killing wookies... Granted it wasn't bloody yet it still seemed too graphic. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had chosen the dark side. Parents should play this one first. I believe the emotional impact and violence of this games is far worse than the visual images portray.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

Force Unleashed. Great for Mature Tweens

To start off THE GAME IS VERY VOILENT!!! When you use force choke you can hear bone shattering in the neck of them victim. Also you see the victim yanking and shoving trying to regen use of breathing then dye painfuly. Also there is language in the bakground like: HOW THE H**L..., WHAT THE F**K, ect. Theres a 5 sec.kiss between Juno and Starkiller. The main characters mentor is an achoholic. And to top it off the Twi'lek only wear small rags.
Adult Written byMarcsisinMom July 21, 2009

Personal killing without mercy makes this game a bad choice for tweens and younger

My problem with this game is the need to relentlessly kill people who are begging for mercy. My son will point out that this happens in the movies too, but in the movies, he is not the person choosing to kill the person in order to advance to the next level. Characters literally beg for their lives and in order to "win" you need to reject these pleas. The deaths are personal and although blood is not a big issue, the morals of it are quite questionable for my 11 year old. Perhaps when he is over 13...
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2011

loved it

very good storyline but kind of dark in some parts i recomend younger players dont watch the cutscenes
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2013

AWESOME GAME!!!

it is a really good game. The force powers are really awesome! The plot is really intersting, but both of the ending are kind of disappionting. You can even get extra levels for really cheap and learn about what happened after the dark side ending. it is the best game ever.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

A bit violent, good if you're a Star Wars fan, 11+

I think this game is very good. There's some violence but no blood. The Force powers are very fun! Star Wars fans would probably enjoy this game more than non-Star Wars fans (I'm a Star Wars fan). I recommend it to people who like Star Wars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex77 February 2, 2015

Gameplay Good

Teen, 16 years old Written byVarsus Osvourn January 14, 2015

Not that Violent

I review games like this all the time, and The Force Unleashed isn't even considered, to me at least, a very violent game. Yes, you kill without mercy, but not for no reason. You're the apprentice of Darth Vader, he orders you to kill them, as is the way things usually go in Star Wars. The violence is not very graphical, and since lightsabers are basically plasma the wounds inflicted on enemies are cauterized so that there is no blood. If you think this game is too violent for someone to play, then you really haven't been paying attention to the films. Seriously, compared to all the other games I've seen, this only scratches the surface of the "violent" category. Anyone 11+ is qualified to play this game, in my opinion. Plus, it's fun to play as a sith.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 18, 2014

13 and up

Great game even a 11 or 12 year old can play. Violence Sexual Themes (One concept scene of kiss)
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 October 8, 2014

Pretty violent, but overall good game.

I found this game very violent, full of relentless killing, but with a good storyline and great controls. There are a few dark scenes that I would recommend younger players don't watch, there is one kissing scene at the end, but all in all it was a brilliant game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 5, 2014

Star Wars version of call of duty

My rating:M
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck August 31, 2014

THE MOST OFFENSIVE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

I typically play games that are rated M for Mature (Not the nasty stuff, I play stuff like Halo, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, etc.) and I was offended by this T rated game. In the first level you play as Darth Vader and brutally kill wookies and a jedi, later you play as Darth Vader's apprentice and in one scene a female character's breasts bounce. I couldn't even play 2 levels of this game. Overall, SUPER INAPPROPRIATE!
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2013

3 stars!?!?!?!?

why did this get 3 stars? its deserves SO much more then 3 at least 4 anyways i played this at the age of 9 or 8 and i turned out fine so let your kids play this a little violent though...
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2013

Great Game

Awesome game though a lot of violence but no blood
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2013

AWESOME:)

its a good game me and my friend played the demo at gamestop once and we didn't see that much difference but its a little bit tough at some parts
Teen, 15 years old Written byJdw3po April 27, 2013

Great Star Wars action game. Perfect for 11 and up

Star Wars tfu is a great action game based in the massive Star Wars universe with aspects of an rpg. It tells the story of Galen marek, the son of a Jedi knight in hiding after order 66. Who was kidnaped by dearth vader and turned into a dark sith apprentice. The violence is not bad, about what you would expect from a Star Wars game, no blood, flying sparks, fun hack n' slash gameplay and of course, electricution. Sex is barely an issue, a few scantly clad Jedi girls and a kiss scene is about it. Hardly any curse words mabey h*ll and d**n a couple of times. It is based in the wonderful world of Star Wars and promotes the universe. There are some inhalation machines and bottled drinks in a space tavern and a scene where a cherector gets drunk but that's about it. There are no security concerns because the game has no multiplayer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil February 2, 2013

Good game with some violence

Ok, to start off with this game does have quite a bit of violence. You can use the force to defeat enemies or a lightsaber. That said the violence is not excessive and is not concerning for parents to watch there children play it at around the age of 11. Even though it is unlikely that stormtroopers or who ever actually survive in the game there is no actual reference to killing in the game (at least from what i have seen). The game is a reasonable length and has very good graphics, especially for it's time. I do prefer this one to the second as it is longer, but that is jus my opinion. So overall a pretty good game with some, but not to excessive violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJonahC January 23, 2013

Great!

Great game! Great story! Not bad at all! And to the person who mentioned the twilek clothing, who wants to check out twileks?
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamurai 434 November 27, 2012

luke i am your father. not!

one of the best games i've played yet
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

I LOVE THIS GAME.

I'll be honest,this is one of the BEST games i've ever played.I've played the one ony my XBOX 360 and the one on Wii.The one on Wii is pretty bad,but this is better.It is so easy to defeat the villain on this game!