All member reviews for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

A good -- but not great -- Star Wars adventure.

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bykimjaso January 8, 2011

disturbing

This game is too dark for children and tweens. This is the only game we returned due to its disturbing nature. (We play halo and call of duty) It begins with killing for killing sake without a defined enemy. Just killing wookies... Granted it wasn't bloody yet it still seemed too graphic. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had chosen the dark side. Parents should play this one first. I believe the emotional impact and violence of this games is far worse than the visual images portray.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

Force Unleashed. Great for Mature Tweens

To start off THE GAME IS VERY VOILENT!!! When you use force choke you can hear bone shattering in the neck of them victim. Also you see the victim yanking and shoving trying to regen use of breathing then dye painfuly. Also there is language in the bakground like: HOW THE H**L..., WHAT THE F**K, ect. Theres a 5 sec.kiss between Juno and Starkiller. The main characters mentor is an achoholic. And to top it off the Twi'lek only wear small rags.
Adult Written byMarcsisinMom July 21, 2009

Personal killing without mercy makes this game a bad choice for tweens and younger

My problem with this game is the need to relentlessly kill people who are begging for mercy. My son will point out that this happens in the movies too, but in the movies, he is not the person choosing to kill the person in order to advance to the next level. Characters literally beg for their lives and in order to "win" you need to reject these pleas. The deaths are personal and although blood is not a big issue, the morals of it are quite questionable for my 11 year old. Perhaps when he is over 13...
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2011

loved it

very good storyline but kind of dark in some parts i recomend younger players dont watch the cutscenes
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 October 8, 2014

Pretty violent, but overall good game.

I found this game very violent, full of relentless killing, but with a good storyline and great controls. There are a few dark scenes that I would recommend younger players don't watch, there is one kissing scene at the end, but all in all it was a brilliant game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck August 31, 2014

THE MOST OFFENSIVE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

I typically play games that are rated M for Mature (Not the nasty stuff, I play stuff like Halo, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, etc.) and I was offended by this T rated game. In the first level you play as Darth Vader and brutally kill wookies and a jedi, later you play as Darth Vader's apprentice and in one scene a female character's breasts bounce. I couldn't even play 2 levels of this game. Overall, SUPER INAPPROPRIATE!
Kid, 11 years old September 29, 2013

AWESOME GAME!!!

it is a really good game. The force powers are really awesome! The plot is really intersting, but both of the ending are kind of disappionting. You can even get extra levels for really cheap and learn about what happened after the dark side ending. it is the best game ever.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

A bit violent, good if you're a Star Wars fan, 11+

I think this game is very good. There's some violence but no blood. The Force powers are very fun! Star Wars fans would probably enjoy this game more than non-Star Wars fans (I'm a Star Wars fan). I recommend it to people who like Star Wars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlex77 February 2, 2015

Short and Rather Dull

Content: You fight as a Sith in most of this game, and the Sith know no mercy and remove anyone who gets in their way. Consequently you will wind up killing mostly everybody you meet, enemy and friendly alike, to achieve your goal. It is also worth noting that the three force-using female aliens you fight are scantily clad (and you may also enter cheat codes to play as those characters). The only swearing you will hear is "hell". Gameplay: In a word: redundant. It's basically "Okay now kill this guy, and now this guy. Zap these four guys, slice this one, choke that one, etc." Combat does include a certain level of strategy though, which makes the game fun. The game itself is very short though, taking only about 10 hours (for me anyway) to finish it. But that exludes the cutscenes. And there are a lot of them, two of the missions being wholly cutscenes. On the plus side, it has a good story without the overly dramatic dialogue. The graphics are...bearable, but not horrible, for it's time anyway. Consider these before buying the game. It's most likely not one that you will find yourself playing often.
Teen, 16 years old Written byVarsus Osvourn January 14, 2015

Not that Violent

I review games like this all the time, and The Force Unleashed isn't even considered, to me at least, a very violent game. Yes, you kill without mercy, but not for no reason. You're the apprentice of Darth Vader, he orders you to kill them, as is the way things usually go in Star Wars. The violence is not very graphical, and since lightsabers are basically plasma the wounds inflicted on enemies are cauterized so that there is no blood. If you think this game is too violent for someone to play, then you really haven't been paying attention to the films. Seriously, compared to all the other games I've seen, this only scratches the surface of the "violent" category. Anyone 11+ is qualified to play this game, in my opinion. Plus, it's fun to play as a sith.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2013

Great Game

Awesome game though a lot of violence but no blood
Teen, 17 years old Written bylewiswoodhall May 31, 2015
This game is not mature. It only has moderate violence. Not bloody.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJonahC January 23, 2013

Great!

Great game! Great story! Not bad at all! And to the person who mentioned the twilek clothing, who wants to check out twileks?
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

I LOVE THIS GAME.

I'll be honest,this is one of the BEST games i've ever played.I've played the one ony my XBOX 360 and the one on Wii.The one on Wii is pretty bad,but this is better.It is so easy to defeat the villain on this game!
Parent of a 6, 8, 10, and 14 year old Written bycareful dad February 12, 2010
Star Wars:The Force Unleashed : I like that there are a few games out there that are full of action but not full of filthy language. I would like suggestions to games for 13-15 that are not too violent DO NOT contain language, sex, alchohol etc...send suggestions to toddskaw@gmail.com
Parent of a 3 year old Written bymessenger December 13, 2008

not worth the time or the money

the game starts out as vader killing wookies and strom troopers alike no gore exists and the game doesnt deserve a T more like an E 10 the only thing i would be worried about my kid seeing in it would be the horrible story line and ending i wont ruin it for those who want to play the game but you will probaly be dissapponted the violence isnt that bad but is still there so while it isn't for a two year old i would let a ten year old play without caring
Teen, 14 years old Written byMasterCommentator November 17, 2015

An amazing Star Wars game.

Every once in a while, a game comes out that (while not being great) can be great fun. The story is fairly good, the game's prologue start's out with you playing as Darth Vader, searching for a Jedi who may be in hiding. The entire game takes place between Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, and Star Wars: A New Hope. After completing your task, the game really kicks off. You are Starkiller, Darth Vaders secret assassin/student. The game is slightly violent, but never too bad. In star wars style, the wounds are never bloody, just cautarized. The worst you can do really is just fling enemies around with the force, and slash them with your lightsaber, it's never bloody, however the themes contained in this game (being an assassin and such) may be a bit much for a younger audience. There's not any sexuality either.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 18, 2014

13 and up

Great game even a 11 or 12 year old can play. Violence Sexual Themes (One concept scene of kiss)
Written byAnonymous October 5, 2014

Star Wars version of call of duty

My rating:M
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2013

3 stars!?!?!?!?

why did this get 3 stars? its deserves SO much more then 3 at least 4 anyways i played this at the age of 9 or 8 and i turned out fine so let your kids play this a little violent though...