Parent reviews for State of Decay 2

Zombie survival sim is bloody, gory, stressful, repetitive.

Adult Written bylongington May 17, 2018

Great Zombie Survival Game!

This game was questionable because my two sons (12 and 14) wanted it but it was mature. The game also wasn’t out so I wanted to read about it first. After watching gameplay and reading about it I noticed a good amount of bloodshed ( from zombies) and barely any language. The good thing about the language though is that it can be disabled from the settings. This made my decision change and I allowed my sons to buy it. In the end, it’s a great game for teens 12 and older.

Adult Written byJennifer J. May 28, 2018

Massive use of profanity

I purchased this game because of another review on this site that said the profanity could be toggled off in the settings menu. We have the console version, which may be what the difference is, but there is NO OPTION to disable profanity or blood/gore. I think this game, unfortunately, is entirely innapropriate for kids under 18.

Parent of a 3, 5, 9, 10, and 12 year old Written bySteven I. May 22, 2018

Lots of profanity. Profanity for the sake of profanity. The first three words of the game were all profanity. Characters use profanity in dialogue and cut scenes. Can be scary for young kids. Can be intense at times. Lots of violence and blood. As a parent and HS educator would not recommend for under 18.

Adult Written byEamon C. June 5, 2018

Kid loved it!

I bought this for my child about a week ago because he really wanted it and agreed to pay for it with his own money. I told him he could get it but if I didn’t like it we were going to return it. Turns out, the gore is not as bad as it seems and the only time they swear is when a “wepon breaks”. Overall my son thought it was the best game he has ever bought and I’m glad he’s happy
Parent of a 7 year old Written byJames472 May 21, 2018

Only blood

There is blood spray when you hit enemy’s, which is about the worst the game gets. There is a fair amount of blood, so if your squeamish, avoid this won, but if your a teen, your fine

Parent of a 12, 16, and 17 year old Written byAndy Black July 15, 2018
Well, i think this teen game study. Why? Well this game teach US how to survive in zombie Apocalypse (if that happen)