All member reviews for Suikoden: Tierkreis

Traditional-style RPG has mild violence and deep story.

Parent of a 6 and 13 year old Written bywavymouth June 26, 2009

on par with final fantasy and tales series

suikoden is one of the best series. i have a ds so must get this
Adult Written byFaiyazahmed Ahmed November 9, 2014

One of the best games in my lifetime...and that's saying a lot!

Suikoden Tierkreis is, without a doubt, one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life. I have been an avid video game player for many years, and this game truly revives the charm and dignity from the "golden age" of the Super Nintendo and the Sega Genesis. A strong narrative, compelling cast of characters, and a meaningful story keeps you coming back for more. A 7th or 8th Grade audience would be ideal, since the amount of reading and dialogue is comparable to a 200 or 300 page novel. As with other Suikoden games, some extra effort is required to assemble the full team of heroes, so parents can use GameFAQs.com to help their children gain the full experience and story. The game encourages young men and women to do what is right, and apply principles of heroism in everyday life. A common theme is "You don't know what you can do until you try!" This can help cultivate a child's self-esteem and altruism. This game is very positive and gratifying, and a perfect alternative to the heavy violence and mature themed games that have now become common. There aren't many games nowadays that have excellent writing and positive, moral themes, so Suikoden: Tierkreis is truly a breath of fresh air. I hope you and your families enjoy this game time and again as I did...truly an instant favorite.