All teen and kid member reviews for Super Mario 3D World

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2013

Nice job, CSM!

CSM took the words right out of my mouth! They only got one thing wrong this time: the topic of the game is not princesses and fairies! I mean, when was the last time that was a topic for ANY Mario game??? NEVER!
Kid, 7 years old December 7, 2013

cool

it a little bit cool but it's good
Teen, 13 years old Written bynintengirl64 December 13, 2013

Super Mario 3D WOW!!!

Wonderful game! Overall, another great installment with Mario and his friends. If you bought Super Mario 3D Land and were amazed (like me), then try this game in splendid HD.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjordan vazquez February 16, 2014

LEARNING

Fantastic for the whole family

Its lots of fun to play with 4 players, the graphics are beautiful, The best wii u game ever, a must have game for all mario fans.
Kid, 6 years old July 7, 2014

LEARNING
This is the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 20, 2014

The Wii U game that Mario fans should have

This game is very good for Mario fans. Mario fans should play that game, but has a high number of good messages and ease of play (Check the "Positive messages", "Positive Role Models", and "Ease of Play" symbols), not to mention the safety and privacy stuff where you can connect to Miiverse and chat with other Miiverse users. Good learning approach, has a high number of engagement.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2014

Not bad

Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2014

Best mario game since galaxy

My only real concerns are that the game connects to miiverse which enables you to read others posts, and consumerism because of all the mario products young kids might want. As long as they can handle that an amazing kid friendly game is available to them. Every level contains creative ideas. One thing nintendo did was make it accessible for kids while still challenging Experienced gamers. On top of all that it encourages collaboration, and problem solving. Best Wii U game released so far.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheLoneReviewer April 19, 2015

The Full Review Of Super Mario 3D World

Trust me, I was a little skeptical prior to the game's release. I even didn't bother about it. But when Mario Kart 8 was coming out, I BEGGED my dad to get a Wii U for Mario Kart 8. A few months later, he said that he was going to get the Super Mario 3D World Bundle with Mario Kart 8. Glad I said, it's one of the best main Mario titles in my opinion. Now we will talk about the game the common sense way (not included in score). Positive Messages: (** out of 5) Honestly, there's no dialogue in this game. But it teaches kids to roam around and collect everything and of course, take back the Kingdom. Positive Role Models: (***** out of 5) Finally, Peach can show that she isn't a wimp! Ease of play: (***** out of 5) Top notch controls, easy to jump in and out in multiplayer. Violence and scariness: (* out of 5) The most it will come to being violent is during boss battles and Bowser. Otherwise, it's just a Kid-Friendly Game. Sex: none Language: none Consumerism: (*** out of 5) There's Mario toys available. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: none Safety and Privacy concerns: (**** out of 5) Please be aware that Miiverse posts are being posed worldwide. But to be honest, the posts are rarely inappropriate. Engaging: (***** out of 5) The amount to do here is groundbreaking and diverse form cats to multiplayer. Learning Curve: (** out of 5) Collaboration and teamwork are key in this multiplayer game. Support: (** out of 5) There's a manual, a white tanooki if you get stuck, and MiiVerse Posts for tips. Now for the real review: Design: (10 out of 10) Super Mario 3D World is a master class at creating amazing, imaginative levels like Hands on Hall, The Great Goal Pole, and more. It just feels like Mario Heaven. The Artwork also puts on the shine of the game too. Controls: (9 out of 10) Fluid, smooth, and precise controls never disappoint. Mario is an all-rounder, Luigi jumps higher but he's a little skittish, Peach floats, and Toad Sprints. They all control very easily and while there could be some very odd camera angles, it does it just fine. Multiplayer: (10 out of 10) Easy to jump in, easy to jump out. No bumping to each other. It feels improved this time around. Presentation: (9.5 out of 10) Really nice graphics, jazzy music feels like this game is made real. Replayablility: (9 out of 10) There's a lot to collect and you could do time trials with Mii Ghosts. It's just that it feels empty at the very very end. Overall, Super Mario 3D World is a must own for Wii U owners and it turns out o be one of the best local co-op games of all time. I'm going to give it a 9.5 out of 10. Details Developer: Nintendo EAD System: Wii U Genre: Action ESRB rating: Rated E Metacritic: 4.5/5 or 93 (highest rated for the console) IGN: 9.6/10 GameStop: 9.6/10 Gamespot: 9/10
Teen, 16 years old Written byPinkarray March 6, 2015

LEARNING

A nostalgic trip down the memory lane

This game reminds me of how the child in me used to play Nintendo games, growing up such as Mario and Kirby and the world makes me feel like I want to go in it. That's the unusual world of Nintendo games! Perfect for a 7 year old. It's somewhat scary for younger kids, though.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySharkBullet500 November 30, 2014

LEARNING

One of the coolest family games I've ever played!

Super Mario 3D World is the first 3D multiplayer Mario game in the franchise, and it doesn't disappoint. Super Mario 3D World is a Wii U exclusive game that the family can enjoy together: the visuals are amazing, the controls for the game are easy to learn, and the game has both, easy and difficult levels scattered throughout. Fans of the Mario games will notice the standard themes of the series almost instantly: save a princess, or in this case, princesses, use multiple power-ups, get to the end of the level, collect stars and coins, etc.
Kid, 9 years old September 24, 2014

Cool!

Wow I don't have a wii u but when I watched playthroughts for this game it was very cool now I really want a wii u coming with this game for Christmas I never knew this game was so awesome and cool
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2014

Fun fun fun!

Great game fun for anyone! I played super mario galaxy and it was a bit to hard and serious and hard so when I saw 3d world I thought it was gonna be an overly hard game that would frustrate even the best of gamers but I was wrong! It was so fun and easy but if you wanted to challange your self you can try to get perfect it was so fun!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySwag Anderson June 20, 2014

AMAZING

Common Sense Media nailed it. This game is truly magical. Absolutely nothing inappropriate (did you really expect anything? Come on, it's Nintendo), easy to learn gameplay, cute new power-ups, and an insanely extensive amount of content. Me and my brothers got this one for Christmas and we STILL haven't managed to beat the final level. This game is great for all ages 4 and up. Literally. I played this all the way through with my 4-year-old, Mario-loving brother. If you have a WiiU, this is a must-buy. If you don't, I strongly recommend one. This game single-handedly makes it worth the price of admission. Peace out and God bless!!! - Swag Anderson
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2014

Fun Mario game with beautiful visuals

This game is one of the best mario games out there. Now, you can play with 4 players in a 3d world. The multiplayer is fun, and the visuals look beautiful. Recommend this game for old and new mario fans
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe May 21, 2014

Super Mario 3D World Review

This is the best game since Animal Crossing: New Leaf! I strongly recommend buying it right now. There is some violence, (e.g. stomping enemies, throwing fireballs at enemies) but nothing graphic. This barely needs an appropriate for 7 year olds rating. It gets really hard though, so if you haven't played a video game before, buy one and play it first.
Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2014

AWESOME GAME!

New cat power-up! It is main power-up with 3 moves. When you die about 3 times on one level you get a ever-lasting star/jump power.
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2014

I like Super Mario 3D world!

I like Mario and Super Mario 3D World is one of Nintendo's best games yet, When I say this has violence I mean stuff like jumping on goomba's or falling of the level. The kind of violence this game has shouldn't affect any child under 5. This is a great 2013 game by Nintendo. P.S. Cat Mario is an epic idea.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

Very fun game for the whole family!

This game is very fun for the whole family! You can avoid obstacles, get power-ups, and pass levels! Violence is only cartoonish, nothing scary or bloody. This game is also very easy to play, with very easy controls.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

Great Fun!

I truly love this game. It is really fun as it is challenging. I enjoy the fact that your friends and family can play it too. Great family fun! Also, beautiful visuals!